Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Time Trials at LimeRock Park in CT

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Time Trials at LimeRock Park in CT

This past weekend the Eastern Motors Racing Association (EMRA) held an event at LimeRock Park in Connecticut. (http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/CT/images/lrp.gif for a map of the track) Friday was an actual race event for points, and Saturday was for anyone who wanted to drive their cars. I took part in Saturdays Time Trial events. To actually participate in the Time Trial event at the end of the day you have to be certified by EMRA or SCCA.If youre not licensed, then most of the day you have an instructor riding with you telling you where to turn how to turn, if you should be on the gas or the brake, all that good stuff. After they are confident that you can handle it they sign off on your papers and allow you to race.

As some of you may know, Saturday was a wet day here in the Northeast. The rain made things a bit more difficult, but it was still a lot of fun. One of the corvette owners I went up with crashed her vette into the wall early in the day which scared a bunch of us. She was a skilled driver who just pushed a bit too hard. Her car wasnt damaged too badly, just a little paint swapping with the wall. And on the last lap of the day a guy driving a Fox body mustang spun out and went into the wall smacking up his front end pretty badly. As for me in my 01 monte SS, I missed one of the early sessions, but was able to get on the track and get some good seat time as the day went on. In the last "practice session" before the time trials I spun out on "big bend" and went onto the grass on the infield. And on the second lap of time trials I came in to "big bend" with too much speed and slid to the outside and into the dirt. I was able to recover and finish, but was dissappointed in my time...until they announced the time at the end of the day. My best lap was 1:27.04. My dad in his 03 Mustang Mach 1 finished in 1:27.05, and the woman who crashed into the wall early in the day ran around 1:24.??.

Initial signup for the event was 80 cars, but when race day came only about 40 showed up, and people left throughout the day so by the end there were only about 25-30 cars. All in all, it was a fun day, done the legal way. I absolutely recommend it to all of you who are interested and can make it to events.