Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

track times

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Default track times

Well last night was the second time ive ran the 04 SS and its so damm consistent.

not fast but still nice.

15.306- A/C on..whoops!!!

then last night only put down1run and still hit 15.202 @91mph

I want this car in the 14's. not far off, but what do i need, i have the FWI, and thats all.

Comp, exhaust, Pulley, Ignition?

Any body with the S/C 3800 chime in...hell ANYBODY chime in hahaha

Old 08-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: track times

um, u bend delete, resonator delete, and a high flow cat should get you into the 14's pretty easy and its cheap to do

i'm wanting to do the pulley soon, that should get it into the 13's if you do the pulley with colder plugs, and t-stat

Old 08-04-2007, 09:25 AM

freeflow exhaust CAI computer reprogram and voila you're there plus some

Old 08-04-2007, 01:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

you guys make me wish i ahd a supercharged engine... dang rich people

Old 08-04-2007, 01:55 PM

you guys make me wish i ahd a supercharged engine... dang rich people

[:-]Edit below Cowboy quote [:-]
"Ye thou I drive thru the valley and the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo/supercharger, for the 3800 series V6 art with me, thy horsepower and thy torque comfort me, until I get beat." I'm gona trade for a V-8 or SS Supercharged : )
Hi Cowboy,
I think the SuperCharged Monte Owner's are just
giving up more to have the awesome power : )
Oh, Your `sig pic ? Is your driver's door broken ?
or, are youtraining to be a Race Car Driver ?
Do you always get in &out of your Monte Carlo that way ?
Is your Monte Color Superior Blue ?
Are you taking your Monteback to the 1/8 track ?
Keep us informed. Good Luck.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, full of questions are we? i wanted a supercharger, but the truth was i only had $10,000 to invest in the car. i'm only a 17 year old high school kid (18 on Sep 1) so I think i did well to save up that much money mowing grass and doing odd jobs to buy such a nice car. it would have been virtually impossible for me to get credit on the car (besides, i hate credit anyway, get you in WAY too much trouble if your not careful). My drivers door is not broken, I was just poseing for a picture. I used to climb in and out of the window of my dads Silverado all the time back when it was all I had to drive ( I had a dixie horn, some friends bet me I coudn't get in like Bo Duke, and I ended up being "famous" around school for climbing thru windows.) . However, the Monte proves to be more difficult. I tried to climb out that day for just a picture.I do not normally do it anymore, and in fact have only attempted oncewithout succeeding. It's actually harder. I looked into why. Here are the only things I can figure

1: The window is shorter, making less space to slide your body out. It'slonger, but that doesn't help that much really considering the seat is in the way.

2: The steering wheel on the Monte is closer to the door panel than the steering wheel on a truck.

3: The powerswitches are on a part of the panel that juts out which cuts down your space. The 93 Silverado had a flat door panel except for a small part with a grip to grab to close it, and the power switches were parallel to the door panels.

All of this made climbing thru a window quite easy. Maybe if I can find the video I had of me doing that, I could try to upload it for your enjoyment.

The color of my Monte is Superior Blue, which is a lot of fun to find touch up paint for. As you probably know, it was first available on my year model, 2003 and was made for hte Jeff Gordon editions.

I do plan to take my Monte back to the track after I change my plugs, get the CAI, and get my computer retuned at the performance shop in Durham, NC. I will be sure ot post my times after I am done that day. The closest quarter mile track is 150 miles away. If I ever find my way out there on a night where they allow street cars, I will post my times from there.

I hope I have satisfied your curiosity, Mr. Space Rider

Old 08-05-2007, 01:51 AM

im not rich, not by a long shot, but i work very hard for what i have and that makes it all worth it!!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 AM

I have a 03 SS N/A and love the car. S/C would of been nice, but not really needed. I ride a gsxr/ninja so when I need true speed, nothing comes close to me on the road. So....dont feel bad about your speed/times in the SS. Its a cruiser car not meant for quick speed.

I love my monte

Old 08-17-2007, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: sirmarsh

I have a 03 SS N/A and love the car. S/C would of been nice, but not really needed. I ride a gsxr/ninja so when I need true speed, nothing comes close to me on the road. So....dont feel bad about your speed/times in the SS. Its a cruiser car not meant for quick speed.

I love my monte
It's a cruiser all right, but they can be built for good speed too.

I love running with the bikes and giving them a good run for their money. They always seem puzzled why a domestic boat doesn't dissappear in their mirror. [8D]

Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 AM

13.69 at 102.29 Mph Bone Stock