Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

~ Monte Carlo 1/4 miles Drag Times/Speed ~

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ Monte Carlo 1/4 miles Drag Times/Speed ~

[align=center][/align][align=center]Fast Chevrolet Monte-Carlo 1/4 mile Drag Racing Timeslips[/align][align=center]From Dragtimes.com[/align][align=center][:-]Click on link below [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet--Monte-Carlo-Drag-Racing.html?resultpage=1[/align][align=center]
Member's Post your Times

Mod Wiz Kidd, check out a SuperCharged Monte ...WoW
[/align][align=center][:-]

12.028* 1/4
109.810 MPH
[:-]Click below 2 see details [:-]
ChevroletMonte CarloSS Supercharger
[/align]

Old 04-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Monte Carlo 1/4 miles Drag Times/Speed ~

that guys' got the hood i want too

he's got a lot of engine stuff done...i'm gettin the 3.4" pulley done soon...just gettin colder plugs..they're coming in on tuesday...install them some time next week...i think my car already has the 180degree stat on it..not sure though...so i should have everything ready to go...can't wait to get her on there and see how she goes

Old 04-22-2007, 10:24 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

that guys' got the hood i want too

he's got a lot of engine stuff done...i'm gettin the 3.4" pulley done soon...just gettin colder plugs..they're coming in on tuesday...install them some time next week...i think my car already has the 180degree stat on it..not sure though...so i should have everything ready to go...can't wait to get her on there and see how she goes
[/align][align=center]Mod Wiz, Are you going to take it to the track & gets some times to post ?[/align][align=center]Please take pic's & record it....then post them here : ) [/align][align=center]I don't know why there's not any 06 -07 Monte's with times on DragNet ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I keep searching for 1/4 times on the 06-07V-8 SS & also searching for times on the[/align][align=center]3.9 liter Engine. If any member has them...Please...Please post them.[/align][align=center]Thanks, `Space : )[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/DD6CAFFFA00843B08056780D96C71009.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 AM

My car's on there. I'm currently #43. Hope to be a lot quicker with my new cam. Can't wait for this weekend to kick the tires and light the fires.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 76MonteMan

My car's on there. I'm currently #43. Hope to be a lot quicker with my new cam. Can't wait for this weekend to kick the tires and light the fires.
Hi Dustin, I watched your Awesome/Fast Monte on U-Tube. I had to use my friend's
computer to see it...WoW nice : ), Mine is to slow to watch vid's : (
Keep the MCF informed and post your future runs : )
If you know of any other sites that post 1/4 times...please post them on the MCF
If I ever get some time `off & have the money, I will go up to the Orlando track
and run/record mine : ) I can't wait to get valid times on a 3.9L.
Thanks again for sharing & Good Luck for MOTM.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

as soon as i get my pulley on i will go to the track to test it out...i'm kina curious as to how it would do...i've never done track racing before...should be fun...

wonder what i'd run with :
downpipe,highflow cat, no ubend, no resonator
k&n cold air intake
ngk iridium plugs 1 range colder
180 stat
3.4" pulley
i will probalby get the plug in computer for it when i get some more moola for it

any gueses??

Old 04-23-2007, 07:48 PM

as soon as i get my pulley on i will go to the track to test it out...i'm kina curious as to how it would do...i've never done track racing before...should be fun...

k&n cold air intake
180 stat
3.4" pulley
i will probalby get the plug in computer for it when i get some more moola for it
any gueses??
Mod Wiz, with everything you've done to you Monte & being in the
High Performance Parts Business, plus with your talented
ability to jump `off the line fast : ). I think that your Monte should
run in the 13 -teens and 99+MPH in a 1/4 mile.
MEMBERS, what do U think ?
(I posted this b-4, but it shows what Car & Driver reported on a 3.8 SC)
[:-]
[align=center]I found the below test of a 3.8 SuperCharged 240 HP Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]https://www.neodata.com/hfmus/cdri/print_subs.shtml][/URL][/align][/align][align=center]Obviously, the biggest upgrade is what lurks under the hood—a Supercharged version of GM’s 3800 Series II pushrod V-6, which makes 240 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 280 pound-feet of torque at 3600 and is paired with a beefier four-speed auto. Compared with the standard SS, that’s an upgrade of 40 horsepower and 55 pound-feet.[/align]
At the track, the Monte’s newfound power and chassis enhancements were evident. We ripped off 0 to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds and the quarter-mile in 15.1 at 93 mph, 2.1 and 1.5 seconds quicker, respectively, than the numbers put up by a standard SS 3.8(“Low-Impact Sports,” September 2002).
[align=center][:-]Click below 4 Complete Test [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/8212/chevrolet-monte-carlo-supercharged-ss.html[/align][:-][/align]I still think `Space could beat you......[/align]Maybe with a baseball bat : )[/align]LOL [/align]

Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 PM

[align=center][:-]Check out the below Cars[:-]....First place Mustang V-6[/align][align=center]**** 0-60 in 6.4 sec[/align][align=center]How many can you beat in a 1/4 mile....Post your thoughts...comments...time slips : )[/align]

[hr]

The Quickest Cars of 2007: Less Than $20,000

Introduction
Tenth Place: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Ninth Place: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS
Eighth Place: 2007 Honda Civic
Seventh Place: 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Sixth Place: 2007 Honda Accord
Fifth Place: 2007 Scion tC
Fourth Place: 2007 Mazda 3 s
Third Place: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5
Second Place: 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS and Pontiac G5 GT
First Place: 2007 Ford Mustang V-6

[align=center][/align]

Old 04-24-2007, 12:20 AM

k&n cold air intake
180 stat
3.4" pulley

any gueses??
Should be low 14's... 14.3ish.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center]Fast Chevrolet Monte-Carlo 1/4 mile Drag Racing Timeslips[/align][align=center]From Dragtimes.com[/align][align=center][:-]Click on link below [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet--Monte-Carlo-Drag-Racing.html?resultpage=1[/align][align=center]
Member's Post your Times

Mod Wiz Kidd, check out a SuperCharged Monte ...WoW
[/align][align=center][:-]

12.028* 1/4
109.810 MPH
[:-]Click below 2 see details [:-]
ChevroletMonte CarloSS Supercharger
[/align]
That guy has some crazy fast mods on and crazy cash upgrades. 17 psi on a NA engine. Nutz!!

3.8 standard engine so it has much higher compression than the standard supercharged engine.
Novi Supercharger- 3.5 grand
Proted polished heads - 1.5 grand
Intercooler - 1 grand plus
Diamond Pistons & rods 1 grand
TOGS - $800
SLP Exhaust - $500
Upgraded Tranny - $2 grand

So just guestimating around $10,000 plus install on new parts.

Quick Reply: ~ Monte Carlo 1/4 miles Drag Times/Speed ~