Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

teased a 06-07 monte on the highway

Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 AM

dont forget the ls1 in the camaro and firebird was underrated it was making more like 360hp they dyno at close to 300 to the wheels. and they are way lighter then the new ss. theyve been known to run high 12s in stock trim. i like the new camaro but its a little bloated. its definitely a beast but if i had to choose i would choose an ls1 car over it.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah you have to underrate a car when it's that much cheaper than a Corvette

Old 01-26-2010, 02:26 PM

definitely. the corvette is still way cooler though.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 PM

found out some thing though when my brother was in town he has the new comaro thats the model that gave me a bad tast in the drivers seat. he ended up going to the dealer for the car not starting they ended up replacing all of the electrical system in his car what i mean the pcm tcm the security system and the factory amps had to be replaced all at the same time. my brother said that there was a factory defect in the security system and the systems that were on the car. he said it is 100 times faster and runs stronger than it did when he first got it and when he let me take it around the polk parkway. they even replaced the rear electric locking diff as well. i understand that getting a car with one maybe two things wrong but all of that it would leave me with a bad feeling like will it leave me stranded like a dud truck that i had which was a 07 before i seen my monty. i seen the monty trade truck for monty. but my brother said once his comaro was fixed it has been going strong i wish i could have said that for that doge that i had for a month drove it for a week engine went got it back trans went got it back both engine and trans went see the pattern of the doge that i had one brand i will never get if you give me a trillion dallers to drive a doge for a year i rather be broke

Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 PM

i like the pick up on the new comarow but i dont need anouther car payment. yet i would get the comarow and just set up my mustang and use my comaro to real people in for the track. what i mean you got spanked by a dd and want to see what a mustang can do on the track :P

Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by monte07
i like the pick up on the new comarow but i dont need anouther car payment. yet i would get the comarow and just set up my mustang and use my comaro to real people in for the track. what i mean you got spanked by a dd and want to see what a mustang can do on the track :P
CAMARO...

Old 02-16-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2003supersport
had a civic tell me at a stoplight he didnt try to race me because he heard my supercharger when i teased him. love that line. best ever.
Nice. I love it when they chicken out! While at BerettaFest '06 in Pittsburgh, a bunch of us were riding around in my buddy Jon's torch red 95 Base with 3400. We decided to get some food. This ricer full of guys pulls up beside us at the red light and revs. He makes the BOV of his turbo obvious to us. He was probably thinking, "Ha ha! An old Beretta with exhaust. I bet he's got nothing at all under the hood." We ask Jon to hit the purge on his nitrous, which he routed out the hood where some car's washer fluid nozzles are. He does this with a quick hiss and spray, and as the light turns green, the ricer does absolutely nothing while we simply pull away. Bock-bock BOCK!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:09 PM

thats sweet ixion. i just like to hear that majority of civics are being put in there place

Old 03-04-2010, 11:24 PM

One time all down the main strip in town this car load of kids in a civic were askin to race me and such, i just said to head outt of town, we played a but but i wasent gonna speed much on the main road in a busy town, so as soon as were more out of the city i passed the kid (we both had it pinned) then proceded to pull away from the punk hard, it felt good. but the girlfriend wasent impressed. thats my best race story. had a good time on the high way playin cat n mouse with a charger one night but i let off at 140km cuz i new he wasnt slowin down n my exit was coming up.