Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

3.5L Monte VS 292 HP Cadillac DTS

Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 3.5L Monte VS 292 HP Cadillac DTS

So while I was in Texas, I just had to race my grandpas 2007 Cadillac DTS with the Northstar 4.6, the performance package has it putting out 292 HP!

Well, the results were close on all accounts...

Once, my mom was driving the Cadillac, and I went WOT at a stop light, not know we were racing, my mom had a delayed reaction before going WOT, and I had 3 car lengths on the Caddy, and the Monte was keeping the gap for the most part.

Another time, my grandpa and I raced off a light (both knowing we were going for it). The Monte took the initial jump for literally one bumper length, and then the Caddy pulled ahead by 1 car length (my front bumper was at his rear bumper). Keep in mind, he only had himself in the car, I had myself and 3 others in the car, so I definitely had a disadvantage with extra passengers.

Anther try I went WOT at 35 MPH (I got the inital WOT) and then he did too...Monte was ahead by half a car length, and kept it.

ALL in ALL, I would say the Cadillac is faster than my Monte, but HARDLY. My car was keeping up with that Cadillac damn well. Needless to say, my grandpa was kinda disappointed in the race. He was glad that he edged in front of me, but was pretty shocked that my car was right on his ***. He was even more shocked that he was NEVER able to pull ahead of me or even get next to me if I was the one that got that split second advantage by going WOT first. I was pretty impressed with the results myself, but not all that surprised. I told him several times that I did not think his car would be that much faster than mine, he just did not believe me.

I am now pretty confident that I could beat a regular DTS (without the performance package) because those have 275 HP.

Obviously the reason my car car keep up with his car, even though I have less power is because my car weighs less.

All of our races were up to about 60 MPH, I would not go faster than that on the streets with having passengers in my car. Based on the way things went in the race, I have to say, I think my grandpas DTS would probably pull a little more on my Monte had we raced to higher speeds.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Those caddys weight just over 4000lbs. That would be like the weight of your car plus 3 extra passengers at all times, lol. BTW, good race, those northstars are no slouches.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 PM

5 Year Member

I know, I figured the extra 3 passengers got our weights much closer, and my car still did damn good. So obviously if we were just racing with drivers only in both cars, my car would have just shined even more.

And you're right, those Northstars are damn quick!

Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM

Nice trials! I want your grandpa and your mom. Mine would never race anything I had. Hell, I did a chirp on my monte and my mom got scared.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by vita View Post
I want your grandpa and your mom.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM

^^^lololol

Old 03-03-2010, 02:25 PM

5 Year Member

LOL! :P

Lead foots run in my family! hahaha

Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2009
10 Year Member

I want your grandpa and your mom.
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's hilarious....

Anybody know a good psych ward? :p

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 03-03-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Shoot, the preacher of my church one time when I was pulling out said "Let me here that exhaust when you pull out of here!" That's our culture!

It definitely must be the weight. I would think that Cadillac would hold its own, but it only has about 80 hp on you!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member

^^^

That one is just TOO EASY to make fun of :P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3.5L Monte VS 292 HP Cadillac DTS

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.