Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

run-in with a beamer

Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun
when i run over a small manhole cover or other object on the road, the right rear gets a bit squirrelly and gives a little wiggle. it seems to still corner fine tho.
I have the same issue since i bought mine at 8k miles and have 100k on it now... if u figure it out drop me a pm pls...

As far as the suspension goes on these...we do have a bit of body roll and we do not do very well whipping it in and out of turns, but it does hold pretty good once the suspension is loaded. In general it feels a bit loose, i think that can be solved by getting better bushings. However the front lower control arm bushing is prolly the biggest issue we have...I replaced mine with Moog bushings after they busted with little handling improvement.

In general i must say if i had a bmw i would love to bait you into trying to keep up with me in a turn and watch you wipe out. These are not sports cars, they are no good for racing and i would be very wary of bringing these things over 130 for the exact reason as mentioned in this thread already..the squirrly muchyness and body-roll can spell disaster real quick at speed, believe me i know.