Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mmm, Beamer

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Mmm, Beamer

Well I was heading to Carl's Jr. to get myself some food after finishing up a project for school that I was working on. Managed to find myself next to a BMW, M3 is what the badges said on the trunk when I came to the light, don't really know enough about BMW's to know if it was or not, but I do know that it was a coup looked to be a year or two older than my '06. Anyway I take off about half throttle just to see what he/she (windows up/tint/night) would do 'cause I noticed the K&N sticker along with a few others on the rear side window. Well with his front bumper at my window I hear the motor start rapping up so I go ahead and open 'er up for like half a second and get my rear even with his front and let off as I was now up to 40. Well I let it drop back down to the posted 30 and he rolls up next to me, window still up and stays along me tapping the gas enough for me to hear that he want's to go from a roll. Well seems how I'm already going the speed limit and want in his lane so I can turn into Carl's Jr. I decide against it. Well as we come up to where I wanna turn I slow down so I can get in that lane, guess what? He also slows down so I shake my head and start laughing, guess he took that as a sign I wanted to race as he stepped on it and I just keep cruising along laughing even harder now. (My window was partly down so I'm sure he could see the top half of my face). Seeing that the we'll be the only ones at the next light heading outa town I figure what the hell, might as well see what the Beamer can do. A quick rev from each of us just so we both know we're gonna race and we sit waiting for the light. Light turns green, I get off the line quicker so I get almost a 1/4 car on the get go. Well the speed limit is 45 here and at about 30 I hear the BMW shift to second and can't help but think that if that shift was at redline then he's got a really short first gear as I was only about halfway through first. Needless to say his shift dropped him back the rest of my car. I settled in at 45 and once he caught up he tried taking me from a roll again, now the only time I will race from a roll is on highway or interstate starting at like 20 or 30 so I can actually get a run. Well I want my food so I slow down to turn, and guess what? He slows down yet again thinking I'm gonna race from a slower speed, well sorry buddy but my fast food was calling me.

Just thought I'd share that as it's the first race I've had in a long time. Almost raced a cop a weekend or two ago when I pulled next to him at the light. I wanted to see what the 3.9 in the Impala would do compared to mine, but thought better of it.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Default RE: Mmm, Beamer

[align=center]Hey `Garrett,[/align][align=center]Food or Race ?[/align][align=center]Race 4 Food : ) Loser buys [/align][align=center]The Monte Carlo 3.9L is a poweful V-6, but I don`t [/align][align=center]think it could beat a true M3 Bim : )[/align][align=center]Oh, if you do decide to race a 3.9L Police Car,[/align][align=center]please record it, & place it on U-Tube : )[/align][align=center]We will send you cookie`s in jail, and take a collection `up[/align][align=center]on the MCF for your bail : )[/align][align=center]EnJoyed reading your post this morning after getting `off[/align][align=center]the night shift : )[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Verse [:-]

2001 BMW M3

Engine
[/align][align=center]3.2 liter inline 6 cylinder [/align]

Horsepower 333

Torque 262 lb feet

0-60 mph
[align=center]5 seconds [/align]

1/4 mile
[align=center]13.5 seconds @ 107 mph[/align]

60-0 mph
[align=center]112 feet [/align][align=center][/align]

Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM

LOL `Garrett,
The BeachBums just showed `up @ my crib, & were
reading the posts on the MCF.
We have never heard of Carl `Jr Restaurants : ),
so one of the Bums did a search, and now we are all hungry : )
LOL
WoW a $6 Burger : ) U rich kids sure get the best : ) [8D]
[:-][][:-]
[align=center] [/align]The Bacon Cheese Six Dollar Burgerâ„¢
Charbroiled 100% Black Angus Beef Patty, Four Strips of Bacon, Two Slices of American Cheese, Lettuce, Two Slices of Tomato, Red Onions, and Mayonnaise on a Toasted Sesame Seed Bun.
[align=center] [/align]Banana Cream Pie Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shake
Creamy, Hand-Scooped Vanilla Ice Cream Blended with Real Milk, NILLA® Wafers and Banana Cream Syrup with Whipped Topping.
[sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]
I willrace you for a Carl JrGift Card : )
CarlsJr.® Gift Cards
[*][align=center]They spend just like cash and can be used to purchase any of the delicious items on the Carl's Jr.® menu. [/align][*][align=center]You can reload your card anytime – it's the gift that keeps on giving. [/align][*][align=center]It's the perfect gift for every present deserver you know. [/align][*][align=center]Like Poor kids like the BeachBums - LOL [8D][/align][/ul]
[sm=gears.gif]Garrett in lane one
Space got`em by a car length[sm=gears.gif]
LOL ~ LOL

Old 10-16-2008, 08:08 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey 'Space and Garrett

Carl Jr.'s and Hardee's are the same restaurant, in some states they're just Carl Jr.'s though.

People who slow down when I slow really **** me off. If you want to race me from a slower roll, give me some kind of gesture. Don't just slow down when I slow down. I would have probably been waving my finger out the window.Did you use a turn signal?

That must have been a stick shift and the driver must not have known to wind it all the way out. I wouldn't htink an automatic's first gear would be all out of ideas at 30 mph

Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

hey 'Space and Garrett

Carl Jr.'s and Hardee's are the same restaurant, in some states they're just Carl Jr.'s though.

People who slow down when I slow really **** me off. If you want to race me from a slower roll, give me some kind of gesture. Don't just slow down when I slow down. I would have probably been waving my finger out the window. Did you use a turn signal?

That must have been a stick shift and the driver must not have known to wind it all the way out. I wouldn't htink an automatic's first gear would be all out of ideas at 30 mph
Lol, this Carl Jr.'s just opened up this year with the beginning of school and I was all excited as they closed down the Hardee's that used to be here long ago.

That's what I though too 'Space, I don't really think it's a true M3, probably some other BMW coupe that's been rebadged, no idea really. It did have the quad exit exhaust though.

I agree Duane, shifting at about 30? I mean the only time my car shifts at 30 is if I let off the gas at 30.

Anyways, I'll keep my eye out for it again see if I can't get a picture or two.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 AM

Yeah those M3's are a pretty bad ride. My buddies 01 Z barley beat one. Yeah I've raced too BMW's in town both rich kids that mommy and daddy bought there ride for them. Both where 325i. One is when I had my pickup that would run low 14's in the 1/4 and the other in this car. Needles to say they both got stomped