Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Incidents started most likely from your ride.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Mostly just v6 stangs around here. Usually a good 60-100 pull will make them go crying to their mommies. In town when ricers are reving, I just ignore them. 15% tint so they can't see me anyway.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Most who would start stuff get scare when they hear the cam.the worst i ever get is the occational rice rev.There is one kid in a riced out tiburon that tried to mess with me a few time getting on the highway,he stopped after i romped on it once.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:00 PM

wow, I guess I am not crazy then, been having small stuff like that happen before I put turbo on my car, but I am already beating the hell out of my car and accelerating whenever because I have habits of getting to places/school on time or 2 mins late everytime and never early. so normally I leave people behind me and not much people wanna really race.

Now with the Turbo, and been taking it easy(nothing above 3rpm yet)because I dont have a tune. A rusted out cavalier would get next to me on purpose and rev like lightly repeatly.... Trucks would go and slow down etc, caravan etc. The funnest I think was a new semi, all out flooring, which made me think, I didnt know semi could move like that, lol.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 AM

yeah we usually chase those ppl like it happened to a buddy and me we were in a blazer that guy in rruck like u said we chased him and the guy freeked out

Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM

First off, no offense to anyone here but I am a truck guy and I drive a wrecked old truck as a DD. (Got another one as a play toy) But since I drive the truck as a DD I get to see some Monte owners driving their Montes "Like they stole them" so I figure that they are giving all of us a bad name which is why alot of people want to race us.

Now, having said that, yes when I pull the Monte out of the garage, I think every ricer in the area knows about it and then trys to find me. 90% of the time they are acting all big and bad right up to the point when they start to pass me then they see my hp badge. (The supercharged badge) then they hang there for a minute or two. (Probably wondering if it is worth it or not) then they fall back and usually get behind me. I am not doing anything to start a race, I am just out for a "Sunday cruise" and there have been times....when I had to give afew an ear full of blower noise as I was passing them. I know that woman in her V6 Mustang will think twice if she ever sees my Monte again. It was a decent looking Mustang with a body package and she kept going forward and slowing down. Well I waited for the light before my street and let her get ahead and give her some real music....the sound of a ported blower. She quickly turned off. But I know for a fact that because of my car that I get messed with. I can drive my wrecked truck all day long and nothing happens but the moment the Monte comes out of the garage....I have to be on full alert.

So no you are not crazy....people just like to mess with us.