Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Breaking down and taking Edd to the track.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't they do a safety inspection prior to letting you run? I'm surprised they let you if your exhaust was in that condition. I remember going through a safety inspection then doing a run, but then they pulled my car and said I couldn't run any more until I installed safety loops on my driveline. They said if a u-joint broke I could catapult my car. I'm glad your exhaust didn't catch on the pavement and do that to you.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nemesis
lmao that's what you get for using duct tape. what rpm you launch at? here some tips that might help for next time. i try to leave about 1/4 or less (even better) of gas in your fuel tank, bring or buy race gas at the track, spring blocker will help. i never used it but i heard lot of guys said it help with the launch. i have a set btw pm me. how's your launching? did you peel out a lot? you can take off at the last yellow light.
Haha I was launching around 2k, I'll be upgrading stalls here. My tank was almost on empty, and I want to run on pump gas, because that is what I use on the street I dont need spring blockers, the car is hooking great for the most part, it's just the engine bogging. As for my R/T, I wasnt trying for good r/ts, I was trying harder to figure out how to launch and what my car was doing. Just going to do a lot of tuning.

Btw what was the best time you ever got in your monte?

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Don't they do a safety inspection prior to letting you run? I'm surprised they let you if your exhaust was in that condition. I remember going through a safety inspection then doing a run, but then they pulled my car and said I couldn't run any more until I installed safety loops on my driveline. They said if a u-joint broke I could catapult my car. I'm glad your exhaust didn't catch on the pavement and do that to you.
They do but they only check the engine bay for power adders and stuff. I knew the exhaust was kind of loose but I guess the pipe on my headers just sheared off. It wasn't much exhaust to fall off, so it looks like I'm just going to do turndowns.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Haha no kidding! The first night I got them it rained and I expected it to be like driving on ice like my old bald tires. Floored it and tried to do a powerslide, I just hooked and almost hit a post. Not much fun at all.
I'm hoping to hook as good as my truck I used to race did.Minus blowing the spider gears to a million pieces.