Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Breaking down and taking Edd to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:20 PM

Have fun and to bad I was out of town deer hunting or I would have liked to have meet up with you. We in the area are trying to do what we can to save the track. If you want more info on that you can pm me or if you want me to post here I can do that as well. But hope you had a good time and hope you get a good time as well.

For Space....KCIR is Kansas City International Raceway or to the locals...hollowed ground.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That would have been awesome! I really hope it can be saved, its an amazing track. I hooked great! All of the workers there are so friendly. Times will come tomorrow, my friend has all the videos so it might take a while.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What!?! You posted here to tell us that all went well, but no times? I'm disapointed

Old 11-20-2011, 10:38 AM

www.savekcir.org that is the link to the petition that was over 5k the last time I checked and anyone can sign. There are people from all over....some out of the US that have signed it.

Also there is a movement on Facebook (mainly where the movement is) to stop the closure of the track. Do a search for "Save Kansas City International Raceway" They have a page and they post what they can on there. There has been a peaceful protest at City hall that got media coverage and there has been a cruise and members showing up at the council meeting and talking with the mayor and council members about this. If there is any other questions that you have, I will try to answer them the best I can. I am just getting back from deer hunting for 8 days so I am kinda out of the loop :P

Old 11-20-2011, 09:59 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

I hope they keep it, and sorry I wanted to get pics of my slips but didnt :/

Best time was a 14.2, at 99 MPH. The first run I had a 3sec 60 foot time. It would pretty much die off the line. I did tuning all day and on my last run I broke a fan belt, and I killed the car. But still pulled a 14.2.

On my first run my exhaust fell off at the 1/8th. Looks like I get to do a lot of tuning until the next track day. The new tires hooked like crazy and I know I can get 13s out of it. If I would have had one more run I could have.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man sounds like a rough track day, but not bad times

Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 PM

Ouch sorry to hear it was a rough time at the track, but glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:40 PM

The next time you are planning on coming down to KCIR, let me know. I would like to go out to the track and if nothing else just watch ya run. I have some tuning issues that I am trying to work out of my Monte before she sees the track....hopefully before it closes.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Well at least a fan belt and exhaust isnt too expensive to fix.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:42 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chevy Commando
The next time you are planning on coming down to KCIR, let me know. I would like to go out to the track and if nothing else just watch ya run. I have some tuning issues that I am trying to work out of my Monte before she sees the track....hopefully before it closes.
Will do, I don't know how soon that will be but if I do I sure will.

For the fixing the car issues, I'm just going to take the other side back off and do turndowns on the headers. No more messing around haha. I think I am also going to try to get a serpentine belt system for it, and the fan is coming off this thanksgiving break for an electric fan, so while I'm at it I can fix the belts.

Quick Reply: Breaking down and taking Edd to the track.