Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Here's what you risk taking your car to the track: Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Here's what you risk taking your car to the track: Video

These kind of wrecks really drives home safety when you go to the track and run a 1/4 mile. While we are not this fast with our Monte's, things can still qucikly get out of control. Some pretty amazing crashes here, makes one nervous to get on it at the track....

Old 04-19-2013, 07:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice Video Greg!
Makes me wanna head out to the strip!

That last run...
Same ET and MPH...

Thanks for posting it!
Very Cool!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Nice Video Greg!
Makes me wanna head out to the strip!

That last run...
Same ET and MPH...

Thanks for posting it!
Very Cool!
Lol Dave your a Bad Azz then my friend. Your to funny all those cars wrapping it up and you want to get out there in it. Guess it's the thrill of your car shuddering as it launches, smell of race fuel and the ear deafening noise as the motors scream and not the sound of parts rolling around on the track that is crying out in you to get back to the track...

Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dang that last run! Number of the beast!! This makes me wish Long Island had a dragstrip!(or has more!)

Alot has been closed down, stupid idea...imagine all the money NY state would make if they open up a place for legal racing on LI, take all the illegal racing off the street..

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
Dang that last run! Number of the beast!! This makes me wish Long Island had a dragstrip!(or has more!)

Alot has been closed down, stupid idea...imagine all the money NY state would make if they open up a place for legal racing on LI, take all the illegal racing off the street..
I hear you, would be nice if everyone had some place for us not so full blown drag cars to go on a Fri- Sat. night and run the heck out of our cars. Wish some smaller airports or closed ones would be available for that. Everyone pitch in a few dollars to pay for a prearranged insurance policy to make the property owners happy and go make a few passes down the strip. I know I would do it instead of having to drive 90 miles to get to our only track.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 AM

5 Year Member

The last time I visited the track... I was at the Pinks all out at Milan Dragway...with my bud and his son...There was lots of "Mayhem" that day.

Detroit Dragway use to be right around the corner from me..(Sibley and I-75)..
But they closed that track over 30 yrs ago... That place use to headline the NHRA and the IHRA way back when... I was a regular Spectator, as well as a Racer... (Those were the days)

Now theres only Milan.. Which is about a 40 minute drive from me on US23.

Otherwise, I have an 1 hour and 35 minute drive to Norwalk ohio.
To Norwalk Dragway.

But I sure miss the sights and sounds!Maybe we could plan a MonteCarlo caravan to one of the big events at either track in the near future?

Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Aha Dave I knew your were a crazy! Lol a veteran racer, your awesome, you just have to stay in the game don't you. I always wanted to do that with other car guys, do a car gathering with another activity besides a car show, like go to the track ay a main event and watch the girls er I mean cars go by... Something like what your suggesting would be to much fun. Wish I was close to you, I would be down for that. You got my blood pumping just thinking about going back to the track you sucker.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Aha Dave I knew your were a crazy! Lol a veteran racer, your awesome, you just have to stay in the game don't you. I always wanted to do that with other car guys, do a car gathering with another activity besides a car show, like go to the track ay a main event and watch the girls er I mean cars go by... Something like what your suggesting would be to much fun. Wish I was close to you, I would be down for that. You got my blood pumping just thinking about going back to the track you sucker.
Your Welcome Greg!
Definately if we lived closer.. I would like nothing more than make that happen! Girls/Cars...What else is there?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Your Welcome Greg!
Definately if we lived closer.. I would like nothing more than make that happen! Girls/Cars...What else is there?
Well 4/20 is tomorrow... oh wait I'm not my old self anymore. But those days were fun too, concerts and running wild.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The risk is always in the back of your head when you go to the track...or at least it is for me. Even so, it is a lot safer then street racing.

On a side note - did anyone else notice the poor track conditions at a lot of those dragways? With all that rubber build up on the track coming out of the hole it's not surprising so many went sideways and kissed the wall.

Quick Reply: Here's what you risk taking your car to the track: Video