PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 2004 Intimidator

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 06:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chris322
If you search Autotrader, you'll see that I've priced mine quite competitively with other Intimidator SS models with similar miles and conditions around the nation.
I always recommend KBB as a baseline, but to determine a car's real value, you have to do what I call a "reality check". Just like you checked Autotrader, I also check Craigslist, eBay, any listing I can get on a comparable car to determine approximate value. There is one thing to always be careful with when checking those resources, they don't tell you what the car actually sold for (if it sold).
I have not done any value checking on an Intimidator Monte, but I do know when I was looking for my Monte in 2008, the special editions, regardless of miles/condition, people were asking crazy money for IMO.

Originally Posted by Chris322
With that said, I do realize that finding the niche buyer that will appreciate this car will be difficult. I do not have to sell it and I won't give it away for the price of a standard Monte Carlo on KBB.
Sounds like you are in the best position! You recognize for the price and it's condition, you need just that a, niche buyer. Better yet, you are not in a time crunch to sell, so you have time to find that special buyer.
Spring time may yield better results for you (pending it does not sell during the fall).

GLWS!

Old 10-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

I might be selling my intimidator as well. but I think $10,000 is quite high. KBB says I can get around $4,000 Autotrader says $2,000. I think even with low miles $10,000 is way too much. The car really don't hold its value. I think for a used one with like 70,000 miles or more you can expect to get $3,000 if you get more then your lucky.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Just a friendly reminder gang, rule #6 of the classified section:
Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums - FAQ: Classified Section Information and Rules

This is a for sale thread. Chris322 has checked other resources in his location, he's looking for the right buyer for this car.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Back in the 70's the Banks always thought your car was worthless, and you had to bend over backwards to get a loan. This was a pain in the caboose to say the least.
I owned at one time a 1963 Impala SS, 327 4spd, Red, and traded it for a 1969 Daytona Yellow Chevelle SS-396, bank was a pain to deal with, then I got a 1970 Z28 Camaro, I had a 1970 Monte before that, and sold it. Then I went to a 1972 Chevelle. Each time they told me that these cars would never be worth anything. Well if you have seen a Mecum or Barret Jackson recently you know that they lied to me.
However what I believed made no sense to anyone. So today I wish I had anyone of those cars. The kool thing about them, is I had them when they were brand knew and no one else had them, and they were all under 4K when I bought them.
I am going to say that the Monte Carlo may appreciate in value in the next decade, most likely the best sellers will be the Pace Car and Nascar Montes. Time will tell.
Today I got a quote on mine from Hagerty Ins. through the agent and was presently surprise on what they came up with for replacement value. I am able to get back the value of the custom stuff I have put on the car, if I insure with them.

But if you want a real shocker if you got a totaled out cost for you car it would most likely be the bargain basement price for sure.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:33 PM

Love it, good luck with your sale.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:48 AM

I thought i liked mine all black,much better with the silver ground effects...

Old 10-29-2015, 10:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

Goodluck with your sale. I was looking at selling mine too. I went to dealers for appraisals and the most common offer was $2,000. So obviously I just laughed in their face and walked out. Deceided I cant let it go and I will just keep building it up some more. Let us know how much you end up selling for. We always like to hear of the success.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member

Hey guys, it's been a few months since I last posted here. I sold my Intimidator this past weekend after trying for several months. I did have to lower the price quite a bit, and ended up selling it for $6,250. I advertised on Craigslist, and the buyer saw the car there. I showed it to a couple other people during the course of trying to sell. Oddly enough, none of the potential buyers was interested in the car as a collector item. They were just looking for reliable transportation. It seems like these cars may never be truly collectable. I checked with a couple dealerships as well, and none were interested.

I'll still lurk here from time to time, and I may even pick up another MC at some point. It would be great if GM would bring the MC back in some form!

Old 03-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Back in the 70's when I owned some muscle cars sometimes it was the same way, you just could hardly give them away, other times everybody was knocking down your doors to buy the thing.
I would predict that someday these cars will be very collectable but it hasn't been long enough yet.
I found that I needed to have one set apart from all the rest. Speed wise or custom paint wise. That helped significantly.
But I look at some of the cars the custom shops do on TV and they have to be off the scale for costs to refurbish them. You take an older SUV and I don't think you can recover the costs invested if you have to pay for them, instead of getting overhauled.

It may have been a good idea to take it to the Track and try to sell it there like Talladega or something like that.

I was told once by this gal who owned an 02 Intimidator that just me standing by the car added several hundred dollars. Not sure if it would have but it would have been worth a try?

Old 04-02-2016, 06:23 AM

Hope you get it, I'm contemplating selling mine and will be following to see the success. I have an offer for $7000 for mine but yours is more favorable to the collector. Ignore the "Walter Sobchek's", you ain't over the line. Lol glws!!