Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Winter weather, driving conditions and work!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

i refuse to go out if there is ice on the roads. a BIG problem that we have here is black ice, i havent experienced it yet (i dont think at least) but i know people who have. another problem out here in the country is you got stupidheads who have 4-wheel drive SUVS and trucks who think they can do anything and just drive like maniacs and just put everyone at risk. so unless it's absolutely necessary i wont go out if the roads aren't completely clear

Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

ill pretty much drive in any weather, but i drive according to the conditions at a safe speed, last friday i watched a lady pass me doin 70 on an icy snow covered hwy & smoke the barrier on the side of the road head on, yeah so if u do drive in it u gotta watch for idiots

Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
i refuse to go out if there is ice on the roads. a BIG problem that we have here is black ice, i havent experienced it yet (i dont think at least) but i know people who have. another problem out here in the country is you got stupidheads who have 4-wheel drive SUVS and trucks who think they can do anything and just drive like maniacs and just put everyone at risk. so unless it's absolutely necessary i wont go out if the roads aren't completely clear
Here in NC, the only cars you see in ditches are the 4x4's and their false sense of security... all the FWD compact cars and 2x4 trucks are cruising right along!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:07 AM

I have never called in because of weather. When I worked at Best Buy there were times it was just the manager and I working because everyone went home after they closed the highway. I would consider it if the snow was to deep, but never have for ice or slick conditions.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

not much stops me from driving on snowy roads either. i took the gf's monte out and was plowing snow with the front bumper and didnt get stuck. the key is GOOD tires! the monte was about at its limit that night because the snow was just getting to deep. i will not drive in a ice storm either, dont matter what car, truck, suv, jeep u got nothing goes on ice! other than that i drive in anything and have never got stuck and let my car on the side of the road. i agree its the other idiots that think they can go anywere and since the speed limit is 55 that means they gotta go 55 even on snowy roads! or the other 4x4's that think they gotta do 2-5mph up a hill, yea they will make it but us guys wont without a little bit of momentum. i always say its not you that you gotta worry about its the idiot in front, beside, behind u that u gotta worry about!

Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 PM

Grandpa always said "4x4 is for when you screwed up...it helps get you out"

And have any of you noticed that when it is bad out....some of the idoits are still talking on their cell phones? Was at a red light and watched a woman drive off the road and ended up in a ditch...what was worse is that it didn't stop her from talking on the cell phone.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well once you're in the ditch, why stop talking on the phone? Too late now!!! You need the snow chains if you're going to go out in the ice for too much. We used to have a set for a '77 F-150 in the garage that we kept a set of chains on and would shovel the snow into the bed to give it the traction.