Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Thinking of trading the Dale Jr on a new car.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
You might also look into an Airaid CAI - it will also aid in gas mileage. I have one on my car and also bought an intune diablo tuner from Bama - free tunes for life. It added a lot of performance to my V6 and I still get awesome gas mileage. (BTW if I ever get a 5.0 I will also upgrade to the Roush axle back - best bang for the buck.)
No problem Taz.

Everything I have been reading online seems to say that the factory CAI is pretty good and that you won't see any gains with an aftermarket one. I've been mainly reading about 5.0 stuff so it may be different with the V6.

I've thought about a tuner but I'm worried about voiding my warranty so I don't know. I'm already having issues trying to get them to warranty the plastic screen that is in front of the radio because it's delaminating or something. They are trying to say I hit it and caused the damage.

I agree the Roush AB is the best bang for the buck. I did a lot of research and listening on YT at different systems before I decided on the Roush. It's a bad*** sounding system that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Take care.

Wayne

Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Warranty? What's a warranty LOL!!!!! There is an awesome aftermarket Navi system that I just purchased (as I didn't want to shell out the ridiculous amount of money Ford was charging for a stock one) for around $700 - completely plug and play and retains all of the Sync system, plus it also adds a backup camera (another option that was extra from Ford).
Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera 100300 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping 100300

Old 11-17-2013, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 70monte1
Recently a friend from work bought a new 2013 Challenger R/T. I've always liked the Challengers and him getting his has got me wanting one. I'm thinking of trading my 2004 Dale Jr. in on one.

Three different dealers have all offered only $6,000 trade in value. I know I could get a more for it selling it outright but I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of that. Car has 100,600 miles on it and nothing is really wrong with it other than the tranny shifts kind of funny sometimes. It does show an accident on the carfax report which kind of hurts value.

I like my Monte but I want a V8 performance car of some sort. I've looked at the Challenger R/T, Mustang GT, and Camaro SS. I like some things about all of them but like the looks of the Challenger the best.

So, do any of you guys or gals ever have the urge to get rid of your Monte for something else?

Wayne
I'm looking at getting rid of mine as well. I'm in the same boat as you. Where you just want some more performance. I'm looking at a 2006 Charger SRT8 or a 2005-2006 GTO. Mainly because in my price point that's about all that I can afford. But both offer a very good platform for mods. My mom just got a 2012 Challenger. It's the V6 model but any time I have driven I have enjoyed it a ton. It feels like it has more punch then my LS4 V8 which it does, 305HP vs 303HP. I can only imagine how the Challenger R/T, Mustang GT, Camaro SS are. I've always been a Mopar guy so I would choose the Challenger over the other 2

Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Warranty? What's a warranty LOL!!!!! There is an awesome aftermarket Navi system that I just purchased (as I didn't want to shell out the ridiculous amount of money Ford was charging for a stock one) for around $700 - completely plug and play and retains all of the Sync system, plus it also adds a backup camera (another option that was extra from Ford).
Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera 100300 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping 100300
That is a nice setup. I don't have sync on my car so it wouldn't work for me. I just got a base car with no additional options other than the automatic trans. I just use my portable Garmin GPS. Nice addition AwesomeSS.

imuf,
I originally looked at the 2004-2006 GTO's and really like them but couldn't find what I wanted. I wanted a pretty much stock car with an automatic and fairly low mileage and that seemed to be hard to find.

I drove the Camaro SS, Mustang GT, and Challenger R/T while looking at cars and had pretty much decided to go with the Challenger. I love the look, it had good power and had plenty of room inside and in the trunk. I also only wanted the Plum Crazy Purple color. I found the one that I wanted locally but waited to long to buy it and it was sold. I found another one about 170 miles away that the dealer was trying to get me but it also was sold before we could get it. I got frustrated and bought the Mustang GT which was my second choice even though I'm a GM man. I just don't like the looks of the Camaro that well and it feels cramped and closed in inside to me.

Ironically, a few days before I bought the Mustang, I saw a PCP Challenger at the dealer by my fiancée's house. I called about it but they said it was sold. To make a long story short, it turned out this was the car that the other dealer was trying to get for me that was 170 miles away. After I bought my Mustang, I found out that the Challenger by my fiancée's house was actually for sale because the deal fell through for whoever was supposed to buy it. If I would have waited a day, I probably would be driving that Challenger instead of a Mustang.

I don't regret buying the Mustang as it's a great car and does feel more powerful than the Challenger. It also seems like the quality is a little better than the Challenger from the things I've been reading. I also didn't like how the MDS system felt on the Challenger as it was very noticeable to me when the car switched from 8cyl to 4cyl and back again.

I didn't drive any of the V6 equipped cars but with 300+ hp, they can't be that much of a slouch. I hope you find what you want. Take care.

Wayne

PS Just for price reference, I gave $22,400 for my Mustang GT which included trading the Monte in, the rebates, and the amount I negotiated off of the car. Car stickered for $32,740. This was for a base model GT with only the automatic tranny as an option. I didn't need or want the leather and most of the other electronic stuff that the Premium edition cars have.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:44 AM

who needs a navi touch screen if you have a smart phone!!! that's just extra fat to lug around. Props to the 5.0 that's what I need when I get another car. I'm keeping Lola my DD until I can afford a 5.0 w/ 6 speed manual. I would have to have gotten that stang in grabber blue.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:27 PM

I didn't have many choices of GT's when I was looking to buy. Most of the Mustangs around were V6 models and I had to have an automatic due to a bad left knee. The local dealer did have a Grabber Blue V6 model but the color I really wanted was the Gotta have it Green but there were none around in this area other than a convertible GT and I didn't want the convertible. I like the metallic gray, it just wasn't my first choice.

The 5.0 has tons of power and is a blast to drive. Plus the Roush exhaust makes it that much better. I hate to say this but it is a lot more fun to drive compared to the Monte I had.

Wayne

Old 11-19-2013, 06:22 PM

Go here. They are talking about this system.
Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14) - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Old 11-19-2013, 08:50 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

I did a lot of research about this product before I bought it - these people say they bought it on Amazon but I couldn't find it on there.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:07 PM

It looks like a nice system. It won't work on my car since I don't have sync.

Have you already installed it and if so, how do you like it?

Wayne

Old 11-20-2013, 07:57 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

Yes I had it installed and I love it. The back up camera is great.