Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Talking on Cell/Texting while Driving your Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007 | 08:13 AM
Default RE: Talking on Cell/Texting while Driving your Monte ?

ORIGINAL: MonteTank

ha your gonna crash soon.
X2

Old 11-27-2007 | 11:23 AM
|
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[center]Road Rage, Cellular Phones and Tailgaters
[:@]What's your biggest driving pet peeve? [:@]
By JON GROMER, AOL AUTOS[/align][:-][/align]

" She got rid of
her car shortly thereafter, swearing that she has too much road rage to be behind the wheel. "
[:-]
Doesn't life seem more dangerous when you don't check the optional insurance boxes on a rental car contract? Last week I watched in horror from the driver's seat of my totally uninsured, shoestring-budget rental car as the rear quarter panel of a Crown Victoria lazily drifted almost to the skin of my precious rental's fender at 65 mph on Florida's Turnpike.
The near-sighted menace behind the wheel, a look-alike of the 'Mr. Magoo' cartoon character, forgot to use his turn signal and somehow couldn't tell that he was about to crumple my rental car with half my worldly possessions in it, and reduce my modest writer's lifestyle to Cup o' Noodles and cardboard-box living for a while.
[/align][:-]
As I finished my multi-state journey on the streets of my little corner in New Jersey (where Mad Max could have been filmed), I started thinking about what lunacy everyday drivers have to deal with on the road these days. Here are the top 10 driving habits that drive me crazy, and probably get under your skin, too.
Tailgaters
We have enough problems with people breathing down our necks on supermarket lines, train ticket lines and (sometimes in my case) unemployment check lines. We don't need them breathing down our necks on the highway, too.
[/align][/align][/align][/align]

[/align]
I found this problem so bad in California (even when going 90 mph) that I thought drivers there had to attend tailgating school before they could obtain their driver's license. My dad even had a bumper sticker made up: "You don't need to tailgate -- you can ride in my back seat." So far there have been just two takers.

[:@]Road Rage [:@]
Spontaneous road-battles are the worst. When dealing with someone with road rage, suddenly you're expected to dodge insults, trash and who-knows-what-else in a chariot battle right out of Ben Hur when all you wanted to do was hit the local Stop N' Shop.

A slightly portly friend of mine with road rage recently got stuck in her sunroof trying to climb out of her car in order to hit someone with her shoe. Honestly. She got rid of her car shortly thereafter, swearing that she has too much road rage to be behind the wheel.

I say people with road rage should try stocking their CD players with the 'Relaxing Sounds of Nature' series and keep a carafe of chamomile tea on hand at all times.

[]Grooming While Driving []
Has anybody actually met someone by exchanging glances on the road going 60 mph? It's like a car is a dressing room for some people -- people that need perfectly manicured hair and flawless skin at all times. I don't know how impressed I'd be if someone swerved into me while primping in the vanity mirror. But maybe that's just me. Maybe someone out there actually wants to have their insurance rates raised.

No Turn Signals [:@]
[b][:-]
Have you noticed that there are two types of drivers that don't use turn signals? There's the bunch that don't use their signals because they're trying to be sneaky and grab the incredibly tight space in front of your car in bumper-to-bumper traffic. As if you won't notice the minute-and-a-half of steering-wheel turning they're doing to **** their tires at an extreme angle before they try and jump in front of you.

Then there's those who just don't seem to remember or care to use their signals, like the guy who veers into a turn in front o

Old 11-27-2007 | 11:25 AM
|
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Road Rage, Cellular Phones and Tailgaters
[:@]What's your biggest driving pet peeve? [:@]
By JON GROMER, AOL AUTOS[/align]
[align=center][/align]

" She got rid of
her car shortly thereafter, swearing that she has too much road rage to be behind the wheel. "
Doesn't life seem more dangerous when you don't check the optional insurance boxes on a rental car contract? Last week I watched in horror from the driver's seat of my totally uninsured, shoestring-budget rental car as the rear quarter panel of a Crown Victoria lazily drifted almost to the skin of my precious rental's fender at 65 mph on Florida's Turnpike.
The near-sighted menace behind the wheel, a look-alike of the 'Mr. Magoo' cartoon character, forgot to use his turn signal and somehow couldn't tell that he was about to crumple my rental car with half my worldly possessions in it, and reduce my modest writer's lifestyle to Cup o' Noodles and cardboard-box living for a while.
[align=center][/align]
As I finished my multi-state journey on the streets of my little corner in New Jersey (where Mad Max could have been filmed), I started thinking about what lunacy everyday drivers have to deal with on the road these days. Here are the top 10 driving habits that drive me crazy, and probably get under your skin, too.
Tailgaters
We have enough problems with people breathing down our necks on supermarket lines, train ticket lines and (sometimes in my case) unemployment check lines. We don't need them breathing down our necks on the highway, too.
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][center]
I found this problem so bad in California (even when going 90 mph) that I thought drivers there had to attend tailgating school before they could obtain their driver's license. My dad even had a bumper sticker made up: "You don't need to tailgate -- you can ride in my back seat." So far there have been just two takers.

[:@]Road Rage [:@]
Spontaneous road-battles are the worst. When dealing with someone with road rage, suddenly you're expected to dodge insults, trash and who-knows-what-else in a chariot battle right out of Ben Hur when all you wanted to do was hit the local Stop N' Shop.

A slightly portly friend of mine with road rage recently got stuck in her sunroof trying to climb out of her car in order to hit someone with her shoe. Honestly. She got rid of her car shortly thereafter, swearing that she has too much road rage to be behind the wheel.

I say people with road rage should try stocking their CD players with the 'Relaxing Sounds of Nature' series and keep a carafe of chamomile tea on hand at all times.

[]Grooming While Driving []
Has anybody actually met someone by exchanging glances on the road going 60 mph? It's like a car is a dressing room for some people -- people that need perfectly manicured hair and flawless skin at all times. I don't know how impressed I'd be if someone swerved into me while primping in the vanity mirror. But maybe that's just me. Maybe someone out there actually wants to have their insurance rates raised.

No Turn Signals [:@]
[b][:-]
Have you noticed that there are two types of drivers that don't use turn signals? There's the bunch that don't use their signals because they're trying to be sneaky and grab the incredibly tight space in front of your car in bumper-to-bumper traffic. As if you won't notice the minute-and-a-half of steering-wheel turning they're doing to **** their tires a

Old 11-27-2007 | 11:34 AM

This is a rough subject. I am all for the freedom to do what you want but there need to limits to what you can do. When talking on a cell I have found out from personal experiance it is not having 1 hand on the wheel and 1 on the phone. It is the lack of contriation payed to driving. The reason I say this is cause I almost totaled my Nissan when I got my first cell. So I do my best not to talk on the cell. As for driving with 1 or 2 hands. I am a 1 handed driver and can control my Monte better with 1 hand than 2 hands.