Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

im gonna get rid of it

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Photobucket
Default im gonna get rid of it

that god forsaken 2 door lumina, brand new engine, brand new tranny, brand new frieken everything front to back EXCEPT wiring harness *not engine harness the other ones* well last night on the night b4 the huge *** show i had planned today had so many people show up for it that drive hundreds of miles for it this piece of s*** car i own decided that the tensioner that is only 4 months old is gonna snap in half, which shreds the belt which throws fragments everywhere which shredded the wiring harness chevrolet in all their enormous genius decided to place UNPROTECTED less then 1 inch from the rotating belt needless to say it shredded that harness and now the car dont crank in fact nothing works like its supposed to anymore. radiator fans only cut off when u unplug the battery, fuelpump is gettin no juice, no spark, no NOTHING so im thinking instead of putting ANOTHER load of cash into this worthless crappile im gonna send it to the crusher adn spend my time enjoying this money pit die a horrible death. so im gonna be in the market for a new ride soon until then ill be driving my 74 pickup with 519000 miles on it and the biggest thing it ever needed was a carb kit. back when they made automobiles not junk.

anyway end rant here. was fun hanging with yall people but im not gonna be a monte hater and stay on this site. it was real guys hope yall never have to deal with a lemon like i did

Old 11-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Default RE: im gonna get rid of it

[align=center]Hi `Chris,[/align][align=center]It sadden me to read your post [X(][/align][align=center]Life sometimes, just doesn't seem fair, but you still have a life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Chris, "When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,[X(]
Whenyour Monteis pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Life isfunny with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
Whenyou might have won had you stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
You may succeed with another go,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
It's when things seem worst that
you must not quit."[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Chris, take a break, and look @ your problem tomorrow.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Each day can be a new Start. It is for me : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I sure hope that it can be 4 U.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We live, and hopefully we learn as we travel our journey's of life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish you better roads....The best to you.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Don't give `up.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Above was borrowed/edited from a poster I was given [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
"Fall seven times, stand up eight."[/align][/align][align=center]`Space[/align][/align]

Old 11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your car throwing a hissy fit. If you think the car has been costing ya too much money, and it's time to get rid of it, we'll support your decision. But I agree with Space. Itdoesn't mean you have to leave here.

Take a break if you like. But please come on back when you're ready. We'll be here waiting to see pics of your newest ride.

BTW...How did the rest of the show go?

Old 11-03-2007, 06:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chris, d00d...... I don't know what to say?
Please take a step back and come back for another look at things when it's less stressful for you. Go had a beer with your buddies. Go to a movie. Or a pizza.

Man I can't tell you thetimes I was ready to crush everything. But the light of a new day made the problem seem smaller then the night before.

Youknow we're all here for you.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Photobucket

taz d00d i dont know i never even make it to the show, and rj d00d i spent every single penny i had as kinda a down payment to get this thing worked on so i cant afford a pack of gum much less a beer with buds, hell i dont even have a mode of transportation to get to a place even if they paid

rj, lou, space yall are men above men and i love yall like brothers but this is something that has completely driven me over the edge i just cant take another breakdown from this car. instead of it being my daily driver its my daily fixer

Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Believe it or not I have been in these shoes before. It's tough!!!

Take a break. Go watch Gilligan's Island or The Munsters. If they aren't on watch my favorite 80s video on you tube.

This will look better tomorrow.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Photobucket

rj the car needs a entire new wiring harness, so we're figuring on how much? even if i do the labor which i wont cos i dont have the patience to do that so im figuring on around another 1000 bucks dumped into this flippin thing. now figure in 865 mo mortgage, all of grandma's cancer bills and prescriptions rollin in every month, plus everything else yeah there isnt a upside to this

Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

sorry about it man... get you an old 80's Monte that the only real wires were to the lights and to the spark plugs and start all over with a nice V8....

Old 11-03-2007, 07:18 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

the curse of the top 10 posters starts again.. at the rate i'm going i will be one by about april... should i lay back on the posts...?

Old 11-03-2007, 07:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Chris, there is an upside to this. It's just tough to see right now.

Don't take Cowboy's advice literally. The '81-88 montes have a ton of junk under the hood if they've been left alone. Remember I own one and work on another.

Quick Reply: im gonna get rid of it