Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Talking on Cell/Texting while Driving your Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007 | 04:28 PM
|
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Talking on Cell/Texting while Driving your Monte ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]Do you think it should be [:@]illegal to text, talk on your[/align][align=center]cell phone, and drive your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](Muliple Selection above)[/align][align=center]Please enter the poll.[/align][align=center]Thank You![/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]Since your here, did you enter your Vote,[/align][align=center]for Monte of the Month?[/align][align=center]Click below link to choose your favorite[/align][align=center]Member's Monte[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_63140/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for being an active/contributing MCFmember.[/align]

Old 11-25-2007 | 04:35 PM
|
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Talking on Cell/Texting while Driving your Monte ?

Below are sites on the above postedSubject
Post your Commnent's: Thanks
[:-]
hone bill, text message ban signed into law | KOMO-TV ...
The text-messaging ban takes effect Jan. 1; the cell-phone law will be enforced starting ... A fourth driving-related bill approved by Gregoire takes aim at ...
www.komotv.com/news/local/7470007.html - 45k - Similar pages
http://www.komotv.com/news/local/7470007.html
Automobile Fun: 89% of Americans Want Texting While Driving ...
Hey, at least if someone is texting while driving, they aren't hitting the bong while driving. ... Just ban all cell phone use while driving. ...
gizmodo.com/gadgets/automobile-fun/89-of-america... - 84k - Similar pages
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/automobil...wed-286731.php
Texting While Driving Illegal? - News- msnbc.com
According to a trade group for the cell phone industry, CTIA-The Wireless ... Texting While Driving Illegal? Truck Carries 1000 Lbs. Of Marijuana ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21929788/ - 53k - Similar pages
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21929788/

Texting while driving? U R so busted! - Wireless- ...
Ashley D. Miller, 18, wasn't wearing a seat belt and was texting on her cell phone while driving in Peoria, Ariz., when her Ford pickup crossed a lane and ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20681742/ - 60k - [URL=http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=topsearchbox.webhome&que ry=related%3Awww.ms

Old 11-25-2007 | 04:56 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I have "Voice Command Calling", so both hands on the wheel... Voices come over my speakers and my voice is pickup by on-board mics. So I push one buttom on my mirror, and say "Dial Home" and it dials the number, I talk and push the button to hang up.

Old 11-25-2007 | 04:59 PM

It already is illegal to talk and drive here. I do believe it should also be illegal to text as well. There were some girls that got killed because they were texting while driving here.. [&o]

But it doesn't really matter since they don't seem to enforce it anyways [:@]

Old 11-25-2007 | 05:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

the libertarian part of me wants to say that you have the right to do what you want in your car. but the rational part of me says that you have the right to do whatever you want until you infringe on the rights of others. others should have the right to be safe on the highways from people who can't seem to text/talk and drive at teh same time. i believe we should be protected from people who do this. on another hand, how do you enforce it. its hard to catch people doing this.... if not impossible. and besides, watch a cop drive down the interstate. i do'nt know how many of you can do this, but my dad drives trucks: i haven't seen a cop in a while who wasn't on his phone, his radio, or typing on the laptop that is sitting beside him and driving at the same time. the worst offenders of the laws are those who enforce them... so my thought is this: whats the use in making law if nobody is going to enforce it? the only time we can really catch these people is after they have already screwed up... so maybe a nice ticket on top of whatever else they did after they crash is in order? i don't know. it's a hard problem to solve in my opinion.

Old 11-25-2007 | 08:59 PM

I have caught myself both texting and talking on my phone while driving, but I also agree that it should be illegal. In my area, I believe it is illegal to drive and cell for anyone under the age of 18. Doesn't make sense to me, as the law should apply to everyone.

Old 11-25-2007 | 09:14 PM

yes I believe it should be illegal to text while driving...that is a big distraction...and it sometimes can be worse than drinking and driving...pay attention to the damn road instead of trying to catch up with friends and family..

Old 11-25-2007 | 09:33 PM

When i get in my car i put myphone in my center box thing (cant think of the name right now)
so i dont use it if it rings and most of the time i dont hear it any way because i have my music and subs on.

i think that it should be illegal to text because that means your are taking one hand off the wheel and your are looking down instead ofat the road.

Old 11-25-2007 | 09:50 PM

guilty, have done em all but i use the bluetooth now and if i have to txt ill pull over or w/e so i aint being a idiot watching my phone instead of the road

Old 11-26-2007 | 06:23 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

its not the hand off the wheel that causes accidents.. i'm sure everyone on this forum can drive as good/very close to as good with one hand as they can with two. the accidnets happen becuase people are paying more attention to the conversation than they are to the road in front of them.

Quick Reply: Talking on Cell/Texting while Driving your Monte ?