Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What do U do while Driving your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:24 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What do U do while Driving your Monte Carlo ?

CINCINNATI, Jan 22 (Reuters Life!) - Talk on the phone while you're driving? Fix your makeup? Check e-mail? Have sex ?You're not alone.

A survey released on Monday shows81 %percent of Americans do more than drive when they're behind the wheel. It's dangerous out there : )

More than8 of 10 people surveyed by Nationwide Mutual Insurance said they adjust the radio or music while they drive, while 73 percent talk on the phone, 68 percent eat, 19 percent send text messages and 5 percent checked their e-mail and have sex : ) Sorry Officer, I got all excited when I seen a Z06 Corvette

Personal hygiene was also a big driver distraction, with 19 percent fixing their hair, 12 percent putting on makeup and 2 percent shaving while at the controls of a car. And a few reported look'in 4 the nitro switch : )

"Clearly Americans have much to do and little time to do it, so to cope with that we've become multitaskers," said Bill Windsor, associate vice president of Safety at Nationwide.

"The problem with that is driving requires focus, and multitasking while driving puts you and your fellow drivers at a Major Risk."

Drivers in the survey also admitted to changing seats with passengers, watching a movie, painting their toenails, nursing a baby and putting in contact lenses while driving. (Please add to this post what U do : )

Younger drivers multitask the most, the survey found, with 35 percent of 18-to-27-year-olds saying they always multitask in the car, One poster stated that he was rolling a joint while driving 90 + MPH & listening to Smoke Daddy .

Windsor said the consequences for young drivers are severe, with car accidents being the number one cause of death for Americans aged 18 to 27.[/align]Over 6K young drivers have fatal accidents a year. More are killed on the highways of the USA then in the Middle East [X(]

"The bottom line is if it can be done in the kitchen, bathroom, office or bedroom, itshould notbe done in the car," Windsor said.

While some U.S. jurisdictions require hands-free devices for cell phone use in cars, most of the activities listed in the survey arenot illegal unless they are determined to be the cause of an accident.

The survey of 1,200 drivers between the ages of 18 and 60 found that while 83 percentbelieve (yeah, right)they are safe drivers, 38 percent admitted they have driven a certain distance without any recollection of doing so, and they can't blame drugs on this reason. There are just dumb drivers out there. Driving is a Gamble, a risk. Drive denfensively `Ok
[/align]Sandra Guile, spokeswoman for AAA in Cincinnati, said the automobile club's driving instructors have seen it all, and works hard to try to correct the bad habits. A never ending job that has little results.

"Imagine if you're going 95 miles an hour down the road and you spill something on your suit and you have a meeting that day -- you're going to be more worried about grabbing a napkin than watching the road," said Guile. "But it just takes a split second to look away and there's an accident." Sorry, your dead [X(]

Cincinnati professor Penny Badgirl said that while she never eats or makes phone calls while driving, she does answer the phone if it rings & has phone sex-- and she admits to other distractions.

"I have put on lipstick in the car," Badgirl, 19, said with a laugh. "And I might try to look for something in my purse, which I know is dangerous." but, nothing is going to happen to me : )

But she said her distractions have never caused an accident. yet [:'(]

"I try to be careful," said she, gett

Old 01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: What do U do while Driving your Monte Carlo ?

and 5 percent checked their e-mail and have sex.....

Is this at the same time and can I be one of these 5 percent? [sm=smiley20.gif]

What do I do in the Monte while driving? Nothing!

(pssst, honeyhere comes another car. time to get up.)[sm=bustedsign.gif]