Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Member's; Do you like it ?
Yes, I like it, but can't afford it
36.67%
No, I don't like it at all : (
10.00%
I'd rather have a new ZR-1
46.67%
I'll post what I'd get for that kind of money $
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Spied! 2013 Dodge Viper - Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:30 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz

To be honest, I'm surprised this thread is still going.
If I had the power to lock

Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know what you're getting at. No offense man. But we're not going to start locking threads simply because they run their course.

When a thread runs it's course, it disppears in the mix of new threads. Then get dug up 4 years later when someone asks a question to a member who sold their Monte, and hasn't been around in years. (just kidding)

Old 07-23-2011, 11:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Sexy, sexy!

My dream car!
You would coming from a stratus! lol

I love vipers but I agree, this looks nothing different from the previous gen.

I rode in a friends viper... still the fasted I've ever gone in a motor vehicle. slightly scary too.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Scott, I think you may have just gotten Brock going again.

Those pictures are the previous generation. Just the body though.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Scott, I think you may have just gotten Brock going again.

Those pictures are the previous generation. Just the body though.
...LOL `Thanks `Taz ~> `Lou,
Yes, someone needed to wake `up EnZo `Brock & give him a reason to post ~>
I've really enjoyed reading all the member's posts/opinions/comments + plus it's adds to the activity on the MCF & our sponsors love activity to show that we are a active group of auto enthusiasts
I can see a difference in DeSign from the Test Mule : )
All-new 2013 Dodge Viper to be drop-dead gorgeous

<!-- .entry-title --><!--span class="entry-meta">Published by MonsterAuto.ca on Jan 13th, 2007 in Auto News with No Comments</span-->
Chrysler Group LLC, the U.S. automaker operated by Fiat SpA, said the new Dodge Viper sports car is going to be “drop-dead beautiful” and is meant to take buyers from Porsche SE’s cars and General Motors Co.’s Corvette.

The new Viper’s look was inspired by “a naked woman on the beach,” Ralph Gilles, the head of Chrysler’s design, said at an event yesterday in Detroit. The car will be released next year as a 2013 model-year vehicle, Gilles told reporters at the Automotive News World Congress in Detroit.
“It’s an icon, and as a performance brand, it’s important for me to have a performance vehicle,” Gilles, who also is head of the Dodge brand, told reporters after the event.
Chrysler wants to draw buyers from competing vehicles such as Porsches and the Chevrolet Corvette, Gilles said. The new Viper will be profitable, and its sales volume isn’t important, he said.
Chrysler sold 392 Vipers last year, down from 482 in 2009 and 1,172 in 2008, according to researcher Autodata Corp., a researcher in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Dodge needs to do more to make the Viper an aspiration to consumers and the redesign gives them a chance to “make it a renaissance of that vehicle,” Rebecca Lindland, an industry analyst with IHS Automotive, said today in a telephone interview.
“There are not a lot of younger people, and by younger I mean under 45, who aspire to own a Corvette or a Viper,” she said. IHS is based in Lexington, Massachusetts.
While production of the sports car ceased in July, the automaker’s five-year turnaround plan included the possibility of bringing it back in 2012.
Design Break
Gilles has overseen the redesign or refresh of 16 vehicles since Chrysler exited bankruptcy in 2009. After such a busy time, Gilles said he worried that his staff had grown stagnant and told them to halt work and take some time off. He declined to say which vehicle they were working on when they stopped.
“We’ve been working so quickly and so fast that we’re not innovating like we used to,” Gilles said.
Chrysler said yesterday that global sales rose about 21 percent to 1.6 million cars and trucks last year. The closely held automaker is working toward an initial public offering in the second half of the year.
The new Viper won’t use engines from Fiat’s Ferrari brand, Gilles said. Dodge will be able to sell a small number of Vipers in Europe, he said, without being specific.

Read more: All-new 2013 Dodge Viper to be drop-dead gorgeous at Auto Monster Cars Blog

Last edited by Space; 07-24-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
If I had the power to lock
LOL EnZo `Brock Keep work'in `Out & eat your Wheaties