Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Member's; Do you like it ?
Yes, I like it, but can't afford it
36.67%
No, I don't like it at all : (
10.00%
I'd rather have a new ZR-1
46.67%
I'll post what I'd get for that kind of money $
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Spied! 2013 Dodge Viper - Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Spied! 2013 Dodge Viper - Spy Shots

Below from Road & Track

Spied! 2013 Dodge Viper - Spy Shots

These test mules tells us one thing: The 2013 Dodge Viper is coming soon!

By Shaun Bailey / Photos copyright Brian Williams for Brenda Priddy & Company and KGP Photography
July 18, 2011

Slideshow >>
Best Spy Shots >><!-- future-cars/spy-photos/gallery -->

<!--/photos-video-wrapper-->
<!-- /Main photo wrapper --><!-- test output end: --><!-- the article, at a glance, downloads, top competitors, from buying guide --><!-- left column -->What we have here are two Dodge Viper development mules undergoing extreme temperature testing near Death Valley. Why else do manufacturers go to the desert in July? Visually these two cars look like 2010 models, but some detailed photos show a collection of electronics inside. Specifically, there appear to be active cruise control buttons on the steering wheels of both cars, plus a Bilstein Adaptive Damping Suspension button on the center tunnel of the black car. Each car was sufficiently loaded with electronics to make it clear that the testing is ongoing. Don’t expect any of what you see to truly represent production, but it does give us an insight into what Dodge is working on for the 2013 Viper.

The Bilstein ADS dampers are an electronically controlled dual-mode damper. They’re featured on all the other 2012 SRT performance cars—the Chrysler 300C SRT8, the Dodge Charger SRT8 and Challenger SRT8, and even the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. The addition of ADS means we can expect the ride quality to be better in the 2013 Viper, a hyper sports car that will be crisper and tighter when in sport mode.
Don’t expect those buttons on the steering wheel to actually be Active Cruise Control; we couldn’t see any radar sensors for that technology on the front of the cars. What’s more, the logic of including ACC on a Viper seems preposterous. We could be wrong, but we suspect those buttons will be used for controlling the varying traction control of the next Viper, as well as changing other characteristics. Think of it as Dodge’s manettino, Ferrari’s steering-wheel-mounted **** that allows the driver to choose snow, traction, sport, race and CST Off settings.

We suspect that this new Viper will have an evolution of the current car’s steel-frame chassis, but now fitted with a transaxle. Rear photos show a mess of wiring behind the rear bumper, so it’s hard to tell, but something’s different back there. The transaxle may have been developed in conjunction with the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG’s, back when the two cars were destined to share components. And now, with Chrysler’s link to Ferrari, we might see an active differential or even a twin-clutch transaxle incorporated in this new Viper.
Die-hards shouldn’t worry about the car. Long-time Viper enthusiast Ralph Gilles has moved from CEO of Dodge to the boss at SRT, which puts him at the forefront of Viper development. The next Viper won’t be softer, or mellowed in any way. Gilles will instill the car with equal parts passion and speed. We can expect a more driver-centric Viper. With stability control fully disabled, it will surpass the previous Viper on the track. With all nanny modes on, the 2013 Dodge Viper will offer better comfort, driveability and safety than the past car. But don’t expect any cupholders!

<!-- right column --><!-- at a glance --><!-- /at a glance --><!-- car make:Dodge Car Buying Guide- RoadandTrack.com has Dodge Car Buying Tools \nmake state: published \ncar model:Dodge Viper SRT10 Car Buying Guide- Get a Quote on the Dodge Viper SRT10 at RoadandTrack.com- Car Buying \nmodel state: published \nshowlink model: \nrelated_items count: 0-->Dodge Viper SRT10 »

» Overview<!-- » User Ratings -->» Photos & 360° View» Specs» Prices w/Options<!-- » Get Quote -->

<!-- /rt-col -->
<!-- tags, pager -->Pages: 1 Photos

<!-- /article wrapper--><!-- related content included --><!-- related content section --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> jQuery(document).ready(function() { jQuery('#relatedStoriesCarousel').jcarousel({ animation: 450 }); }); </SCRIPT>RELATED STORIES

Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

It looks the same as when it came out in the '90s.

Ugly! I hate Vipers.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Old 07-19-2011, 07:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I always liked the Vipers SHEER RAW power. But that ended now that there are government mandates requiring the Viper to have traction control and all that junk.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks the same as it always did. Like Mike said, I liked the power of the Viper. But it's been legislated out of the car. Why should I spend the money on a 2013, if people can't tell the difference between a 1995 and a 2013 model?

Here's one just for Space. A Viper turned into a Maybach.

The Exelero is no doubt the greatest Maybach ever had in its line-up, but there is only one unit in all of the world currently owned by André A. Jackson (who paid like $8 million to get it). So, why would people even dare to make a replica for a model like that? Simple; because anyone in this world would do anything to even just drive the Exelero.
Of course a replica would never be as close to the real thing as one would like it to be, but it could still tame the aches from longing for the real thing. Lucky for those people experiencing this pain, James List has an Exelero replica currently listed and priced at $687,335. It is based off a Dodge Viper sports car and is powered by a 8.3L V10 engine with 800 hp (and not 700HP V12 like the original). Both the interior and exterior can be fully customized to any customer’s wishes.
After the jump: Exelero featured in Jay-Z - Lost One video.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Sexy, sexy!

My dream car!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Here's one just for Space. A Viper turned into a Maybach.

Hello `Lou, WoW a replica for just over 3/4 of a million dollars $$$-WoW-$$$...

I like the `Viper, and would love to drive one, but doubt `if I would ever buy one, or could ever afford to buy one : )

I'm just happy that there are still auto companies producing High Performance Exotic Cars in these poor economic times..
Rumor's are that gas prices are on the way `up again & if our World doesn't get their Zhet 2gether, it's going to be bad for everyone I may have to return to my planet, but I can't afford the Jet Fuel <~>

Thanks everyone for your posts/comments/likes & dislikes.
Wish you fun happy times in your Monte & your rides..

Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

YAWN. Vipers do nothing for me.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by mrl390
YAWN. Vipers do nothing for me.

Hi `Matt My name is `Viper ~>
She said she's sorry that she can't do anything 4 U
Below lady said " I like men who drive Viper's

Last edited by Space; 07-19-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 PM

Meh, underwhelming and disappointing. The car, not the chick

Quick Reply: Spied! 2013 Dodge Viper - Spy Shots