Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

President Who?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: President Who?

He's Wayne B. Root, and he approves that post.

Obama really has inherited quite a problem with the wars in the middle east. Our Canadian troops are over there in Afghanistan as well, so our Prime Minister is in the same dilemma. You got wars that seem impossible to win. As President, if he decides to pull the troops out, it sends the message to the enemy that if they can hold out long enough, the U.S. will give up and go home. On the other hand, if he decides to stay with it, you got more of what we already have now.

Our Prime Minister here was more or less forced by the rest of the government to give some kind of time limit to our involvement overseas. A big mistake IMO. This just gives the enemy a time line of how long they need to hold out. Of course, when the time comes, he can always just say, "Forget it! Our troops are still needed over there. So they're staying."

I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make that decision. I sincerely hope President Obama can get the job done, and somehow turn this economy around.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:11 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I heard they interviewed OB's Kenyan relatives on the news who commented they were coming to the U.S. to live in the White house. Would it surprise me? No.

There was and IS too much about this man we do not know. Why all this secrecy? And ifhe was born on U.S. soil, produce the damn birth certificate. Like it or not he needs to prove this fact. Or else why would his grandmotherclaim he was born in Kenya?

Obama and Hillary were both using the gun control issue as part of their campaign. Information I saw was they want all of us to turn over any ammo we currently have to the government and buy new ammo with bar codes on it linked to your name. Someone steals you new ammo and uses it to kill another person you're held liable along with anyone else connected.

How about instead of going to all this trouble, we hold parents accountable for what their kids do? In other words... teach your kids right from wrong. Don't expect Uncle Sam to promise us all the good life then deliver it.

Another issue is we high tail it out of Iraq we will look like cowards. You can bet we look like that to the rest of the world you will get more terrorist action on this soil. along with other issues from other countries.

We made a huge mistake by not using the Iraqi military when we got there. It could have cut our costs by untold dollars. You can 100% thank G.W. B. for that. The man has zero military experience. How much does Oby have? ZERO!!!

Just like Oby has zero leadership experience. He's been a working (there's an oxy moron statement)senator for less then 5 months. FIVE MONTHS.
Think Wally World is going to make you a store manager in 5 months with zero managerial experience? How about any other business in the world?

We are screwed plain & simple!!!!

My new MCF signature. "Hey Prez Obama, Yo mama!"

Old 11-08-2008, 04:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We're in trouble, plain and simple! My job got cut to 4 days a week Friday, with at least 1 job cut coming this week. Almost 500 local jobs just cut, also. National Copper, 180, and Whirlpool 300.