Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

President Obama Was in My City Today

Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Default President Obama Was in My City Today

So on my way home from work my girlfriend and I got held up in traffic due to the fact that Austin Police shut down highway 71 because Obama was flying in. We were at a complete stop for about an hour, we even got to watch Air Force One come in as well. When President Obama came by he also brought about 10 15 passenger vans, along with about another 10 Suburbans and about 50 cop cars at which every cop car had 4 cops in them. We were all standing outside our cars until a Sheriff pulled up on a bike and demanded that we returned to our vehicles due to the security.
We got a video of him passing us, and I also got pictures if your interested as well...
BTW go full screen
Heres the video:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G7Z6Wk9KoA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 05-11-2011, 01:05 AM

cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:29 AM

They were rolling out can't wait for the new speed limits in Texas !!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice vid!
I think its funny he makes such a grand entrance. Then you watch the news of him down south in the tornado hit towns and he is just walking around like nothing is wrong.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Nice vid!
I think its funny he makes such a grand entrance. Then you watch the news of him down south in the tornado hit towns and he is just walking around like nothing is wrong.
Hi `Brock, maybe he's just in shock...I would not want to see all the bad things our president has to deal with everyday/every night/ all the time ~> My head would blow `off
=========================================

`J.W., Thanks for your post & Vid

Old 05-11-2011, 07:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

He's come here at least four times in a few weeks...when he arrives he takes a plane ussually to JFK or Newark, then gets on a helicopter and lands at a heli pad just south of the brookyln bridge, which closes down the fdr and there are tons of nypd/coast guard boats in the water (Helipad is on the water) I recently got a picture of his helicopter leaving...

It is a site to see, but after the first time it just becomes a hassle for NYers lol...

Joe

Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's just over the top. There's so many people they'd get in each others way trying to protect Obama. They must figure Texans and their guns don't like Obama!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 AM
rj
15 Year Member

You have my sympathy.

anyone on here gullible enough to believe Obama had ANTHING to do with Bin Laden's death? just wondering?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
anyone on here gullible enough to believe Obama had ANTHING to do with Bin Laden's death? just wondering?
I'll bite and start the argument that gets half of us banned..... and I won't be here after tomorrow morning most likely to defend myself... going off for the weekend. Feel free to call me chicken for not ocming back to defend myself.

He had nothign to do with it in the sense that he did not pull the trigger to fly the chopper out there. However, Obama, as the President of this country, took on the responsibilities politically of any civilians who would be killed and any political ramifications for success or failure for teh mission for approving a mission to go into a city in Pakistan, where America had not been given permission by Pakistan to go, and take out bin-Laden. What we did was really a severe violation of Pakistani sovereignty, and Obama took on all the weight of that when it comes to international repercussions. Remember in the election when Obama and McCain were talking about this, and Obama said he would authorize action in Pakistan to get Osama? Well, here is what McCain said about it...

John McCain Opposed Going Into Pakistan | The Political Carnival

Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

In a way I think people and the presidentential relationship is kinda in a way the same as people who are for a certain car company (or anything else)

Ford people are dead set on ford being the best and they can do no wrong , same with chevy people/imports/mopars or anyone else.

When President Bush was in office his supporters saw him as doing no wrong, and the people who were against him saw him as doing no right....

Now the shoe is on the other food....I see typical President Bush supporters see Obama as doing no right, and vice versa....so now it is time for Obama's Supporters to defend him until there blue in the face...much like President Bush supporters were doing.

I see no President ever getting a positive response from all or even most of the people all of the time, but that goes with the job....

To argue is kinda moot, as you will never get a chevy guy to admit a ford is better or vice versa...same for the Presidency.

JMO,
Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: President Obama Was in My City Today