Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Camaro @ SEMA Show +: )

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Camaro @ SEMA Show +: )

Chevrolet: 2008 SEMA Show
New Camaros with a vintage look prove that retro is still cool.
By Shaun Bailey & MCF Auto Web Reporter KidSpace•Photos by Chris Cantle

November 2008
[/color]

Slideshow: Best of 2008 SEMA Show >>
The Camaro isn't that far from production, race tracks or your neighbor's garage. We can't wait, and neither can Chevrolet. The company has been hard at work getting the car ready for its February 2009 production. With a starting price of $22,245 for the V-6 LS and $30,245 for the SS, the Camaro is almost guaranteed to be a sales success. And these four SEMA stars will make the Camaro even more popular.

Slideshow >>[/align]
GS Racecar Camaro
No beating around the bush here — this is a tribute to Mark Donohue's 1969 Trans-Am championship-winning racecar. However, this car is derived from a prototype Grand-Am racer that will likely compete with the Ford Mustang in the Grand Sport class. The pony car battle has resumed, in 2009.

Slideshow >>[/align]
LS7 Dragcar Camaro
Although just a concept, this LS7 Dragcar Camaro 550-bhp drag car can easily be recreated by future Camaro owners. All the components will be available from the GM Performance Parts catalog, including the 505-bhp LS7 small-block V-8, performance cam, headers, dry sump and engine controller. Bracket racing anyone?

Slideshow >>[/align]
Dale Earnhardt Jr Camaro
We like the Dale Earnhardt Jr Camaro. It's old-school inspiration, with new-school motivation. The SS has the standard 6.2-liter V-8, optimized for E85 fuel. This takes advantage of ethanol's higher octane rating and gives the engine more power. Like the custom looks? Some of them are available from Chevy Accessories.

Slideshow >>[/align]Black Camaro
Nothing quite says hot rod like matte black — or having your car be on just the other side of legal. The red headlamp rings of this Black Camaro aren't cop-friendly, neither is the ultra dark tinting. But it's hard not to appreciate the sinister appearance of this V-6 Camaro.

Related Links:
[ul][*][align=center]Slideshow: GS Racecar Camaro[/align][*][align=center]Slideshow: LS7 Dragcar Camaro[/align][*][align=center]Slideshow: Dale Earnhardt Jr Camaro[/align][*][align=center]Slideshow: Black Camaro[/align][*][align=center]Slideshow: Best of 2008 SEMA Show[/align][*][align=center]More from the 2008 SEMA Show

[/align]
[*][align=center]From Our Mobile Blog: LS7 Dragcar Camaro[/align][/ul]
[color=#0000ff]Members, post your thoughts/comments/opinions, and when you are getting yours : ) [:-]

Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Default RE: New Camaro @ SEMA Show +: )

[align=center][/align][align=center]Having Trouble Posting 2day on the MCF : ([/align][align=center]If above links Do Not Work, click on the below link.[/align][align=center]Source link for above post[/align][align=center](In case the links on above post do not open)[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=7223[/align]

Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 AM

That LS7 Camaro... Wow, I just can't wait.

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/11/sema-election-d.html

Old 11-06-2008, 11:46 AM
rj
15 Year Member

LS7 Dragcar Camaro
Although just a concept, this LS7 Dragcar Camaro 550-bhp drag car can easily be recreated by future Camaro owners. All the components will be available from the GM Performance Parts catalog, including the 505-bhp LS7 small-block V-8, performance cam, headers, dry sump and engine controller. Bracket racing anyone?

THATS.... cool.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

THATS.... cool.
Extremely...

LS3 is what they're using for production isn't it? The LS9 is based off the LS3 if I remember correctly...

LS9 powered Camaro

Me (in my future car...): "Nice ZR1, gotta love the LS9"
ZR1 Owner: "Thanks, it's an amazing engine, I'd let you drive but..."
Me: "Oh that's okay, I've got my own" (Revs engine)
ZR1: "..."

Old 11-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

LS9 Rules! I want that engine in crate form!