Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Who Will be the Next President of the United States?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Who Will be the Next President of the United States?

Alright guys.. Mitt Romney has given it all up... throwing his support to McCain.. Huckabee says he won't quit until the numbers tell him to (they told him to quit about a month ago).

All eyes are on the Democratic Primaries/Caucuses now. Hillary Rodham is losing support while Obama is becoming ever more popular (maybe another crying fit is in order?) Their both visiting John Edwards trying to get what support he has... their both kissing the superdelegates @$$'s for a vote at the convention...so who do you think it will be MCF?

Will it be a Republican or a Democrat? Will it be Hillary or Barack?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Default RE: Who Will be the Next President of the United States?

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center](x) None of the above[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] Write in's ? [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Duane, I'm not happy with the choices we have to lead[/align][align=center]our country. Your poll results should be interesting.[/align][align=center]I still don't know which one I will vote for ?[/align][align=center]Are these the best of the best ?[/align][align=center]Are they honest ? Competent ? Experienced ?[/align][align=center]"Lead, follow, or get out of the Way"[/align][align=center]"I have a `Dream, ~ a World @ Peace"[/align][align=center]`amen[/align]

Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think there will be another President Clinton.

Just kidding.

I really think there will be President Obama.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:00 AM

I think were fooling ourselfs to think thats its anyone but Obama. Hillary is going downhill and looks less experience than Obama which is a shame. Voting democrat is easy for people. You dont have to convince people on any of your plans for the future. Just pander to them and most Americans will follow. McCain is just too old and has been in Washington for too long. Not to mention that he always joins the most leftist-of-leftist democrats for his ideas and alienates his base.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:29 AM

How about Hammond Egger!!!!!!!! (anyone remember the Three Stooges)

Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love the Three Stooges, and have most of their short-subject movies on VHS or DVD.
Don't have any of the Joe DeRita or CurlyJoe one's though.
Please remind me about Hammond Egger, it's been a while.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 AM

Hilary definately has the experience and is actually very good at working with both sides of the aisle. But, she has been hammersed for so long by the republican attack dogs (Rush, Karl, etc.) that people don't like her, but can't really say why. "You see, my job is to keep repeating the propaganda until it becomes the truth" to paraphrase a comment by G.W. Bush.

Obama will do good if he surounds himself with good, experienced people, which I think he will to some extent. There will always be certain people who abuse the power (too many in this present administration to list, but start with Cheney). I am concerned that there will be certain groups of people who will try toexpand the racial divide that is already here in this country. The rednecks, of course, but also the mentality (or attitude?) displayed by the blacks during the OJ trail and the Rodney King issue. One thing this country doesn't need is more racial issues.

I like John McCain, but I'm afraid he has sold himself to the Bush Republicans and the worse thing that can happen to this country is more of Bush's policies. The best thing McCain can do is stay middle-of-the-road like he has always been and where the majority of Americans are, and then have Condi Rice as his running mate, to take away the women and black vote fromObama. But, then we would be right back toBush, the most terrible administration in this great country's history. . .ah, politics, gotta love it!

Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 AM

I think it will be Obama. There was a time many years ago I would have considered McCain, but it is so apparent now he would sell his soul to be President. He's been kissing so much butt to become Prez, it's not funny, but he really destroyed any hopes he had when he said he'd stay in Iraq for 100 years. He basically told 70% of Americans FU, vote for me!

The vote to approve torture simply boggles the mind for someone who was tortured for 5 1/2 years, saying to our present and future enemies that it's ok for us, so it's ok for you, too. Then the vote to approve spying on Americans and granting total immunity to all those who have spyed on Americans was the final nail in the coffin.

If you don't think they are listening to every phone call, reading every email, and looking at everything you look at online, you are mistaken. How does it feel Republicans, knowing your guys pushed this stuff through, and the Dems will be watching you, come next January?

If John McCain wins, it will be a sad day for America.

Got a kick out of kingreyna's comment about pandering, that's what politicians, of all stripes, DO! That's all they know how to do.

That being said, I ALMOST feel sorry for the Republicans, because they basically have put themselves in position to be out in the wilderness, all alone, for the next 30 years. That's how long I figure it will take this country to get out of the various messes we are in and regain our standing in the eyes of the world.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 AM

The one with Hammond Egger was a Shemp episode where the Stooges were campaining for a crooked politician (they didn't know he was crooked though).His name was Hammond Egger(think ham and eggs) and I believe he was played by Kenneth Macdonald.He played the villan in several Stooges episodes.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I don't like any of them, but I think it will end up being Obama. I'm not even sure I'm going to vote, it's hard to vote for someone you don't like.

Quick Reply: Who Will be the Next President of the United States?