Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you like it ?
Yes, I like it (Why ?)
71.43%
No, I don't like it (why ?)
28.57%
I will post what I'd get for the same $'s
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

>New GM `Coupe (Should `be a Monte Carlo) ?<

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
There was some article recently in a car magazine that said something like 2-door coupes are "me" cars, meaning that they're a more personal type of car than four-door cars usually are, and I agree. Coupes just suit me well, always have.

So that's one reason I've always liked coupes, and with Cadillac's sharp modern style, I definitely like the ATS coupe. They look fabulous (although Cadillac's ELR electric hybrid coupe is even sexier!).

Anyway, I like the photo of the dark red ATS-V propped up on its side. Nice true dual exhaust setup, isn't it?

As for translating an ATS coupe into an all-new Monte Carlo... I'm afraid it may be a while before Chevy can justify having both it and the Camaro at the same time anymore. We know it's possible, though, since the MC returned from the void once before...!

Hi `Jeff,
Thanks for your post & comments. Yes, I like `me cars. I also liked seeing that picture on it's side...Good air flow & design 4>Sure...

Old 04-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by singrseanr
How about an base model with V6 an LS with a (single) Turbo V6 and a SS with the V8 from the Camaro SS no mechinical changes would need to be made. the Brakes suspension and interior would need to be Chevyiezed-(not a real word)

I guess what I am saying is that it would take very little effort from GM to make this car the basis of a new Monte Carlo.
In theory yes, but you can't just slap a monte carlo badge on anything and call it that. The entire exterior would need to be redesigned to be a monte carlo. Throughout the montes history theres various styling cues that are unique to the car, vertical tail lights, the swoosh like body lines.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes `Keane in theory, but with the new talent of designer's I'm sure that they could incorporate the design clues from the past Monte's & come up with a body that could be placed on the ATS. ReDesign the interior & made it more affordable to the masses or middle class (is there still a middle class)...

I do like the Camaro's, but I wouldn't want to ride very long in the rear seat 4>Sure! I didn't mine sitting in the back when Space had his Monte's...It was comfortable for a coupe. A lot better then my 08 Mitsubishi GT...No one wanted back there 4-Real (lol)

Thanks for your post & comments...I've enjoyed this thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
In theory yes, but you can't just slap a monte carlo badge on anything and call it that. The entire exterior would need to be redesigned to be a monte carlo. Throughout the montes history theres various styling cues that are unique to the car, vertical tail lights, the swoosh like body lines.
I'm not saying slap a Monte Carlo badge on an ATS, just it can easily be the platform for a new Monte