Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Ongoing Dead Battery Saga

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011 | 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

I had to charge my battery all last weekend it was almost totally dead.

Old 06-17-2011 | 11:04 AM
rj
|
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Who wants to buy a silver 2006 LTZ Monte with 15,329 miles on it?

And over 300 of those miles was running back n forth to the dealer for dead battery issues.

Thursday morning before I get home from work one of the service managers calls. "Uh yeah. We found out what's wrong with the 2006 Monte Carlo. The battery is dead. Since it's 3 yrs old there's no warranty on it. And it's $186.00 plus change if you want us to install a new one."
So I asked, "How much of the extended warranty covers this?"
Service guy. "I need to hang up and find out for you."
Me. "Okay." (click)
less then 5 min later. (ring, ring)
Me. "Hello?"
Service guy. "Mr Lynch this is Nick from the Chevy dealer on the 2006 Monte Carlo. You'd asked how much of your extended warranty covers the dead battery issue? I checked, none of it covers this."
Me. "NONE? You mean to tell me this extended warrarty I purchased is pretty much no good? That when I bought it in good faith it was mis-represented to me as being JUST as good as the factory warranty by the sales manager?"
Service guy. "Well I can't comment on that."
So I end up telling the guy I'll come get the car. Cause for on I know I can install a battery cheaper then $200.
Go to get the car. They want $44.00 plus change for looking at the car. I pay it. And........ I go looking for the sales manager. He spies me. I say "I want to speak to you in private."
We go talk in the owner's office. I see this guys hands shaking cause he doesn't want to see me. We talk for close to an hour. He agrees to get me a new battery from AZ for their cost. AND offers to install it for free. I said, "Okay but please don't damage the car." He agrees they won't.
I drive to the hospital to see my dad who they suspect had a stroke wednesday night.
2 hrs later at home the dealership calls again. "Uh yes sir, The Chevy Monte Carlo is done and ready for pickup. The bill is $83.00 and change."
My mom drives me there. I go in and the sales manager meets me and tells me "You have any problems come see me."
Before I leave the service manager wants to talk. This time before I leave I say let's look at the car. I pull the hood and immediately see scratches in the engine cover. The service guy does as well. He tries to pick the scratches off with his finger nail and then tries to rub them out with a finger tip. They aren't coming out.
We heatedly discuss the scratches. He more or less calls me a liar that I did this damage and want to blame them. I refuse to budge. I know the care I've given the car. He walks off with his hands in the air and I leave.
I give the sales manager time to call me, before I called Chevy.

Last edited by rj; 06-17-2011 at 11:09 AM.