Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Lola passed inspection!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'm glad we dont have inspections in Michigan. I think they are kinda pointless anyway if all the states dont have them and require the same things what good does it do.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

In Mo.my 1940 chevy has no inspections ..
My 1969 Corvette no inspections..

Old 09-03-2013, 06:57 AM

We don't have inspections in Florida, & `if we did I think over half of the vehicles + on the road would fail a safety check...

When you are at the Mall or places like Walmart , just look at the vehicles there I see many with bald tires, low air pressure, leaking/smoking etc. ( I also know that times are hard/difficult to many), but a vehicles can kill `if it's not safe 4-Sure..

What % of vehicle do you think are unsafe out there on the roads with you ? ?

I also find it sad that there are government inspector's that can be bribed to pass a test...It's the world we live in, but it should not `be.

I believe `if the majority doesn't like the rules/laws that they should work peacefully to resolve the rules that are unfair & unjust...

How many vehicles out there have bad tires, brakes, suspensions, wore steering parts, bad wheel bearing, axles, etc...

Do you want to see these vehicles out there driving towards or at the ones your love & care about > or at YOU

People seem to only care when someone in their life is injured or killed, but then it's to late

That's `all, my space brain is empty & I must go refill & give everyone a break... Your turn

Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

PA definitely is a tough state. I usually go for my inspection about 2 months before the sticker is expired, so that it gives me time to save up and fix what was needed in case I fail

Old 09-03-2013, 08:11 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well MA is bad on regulations but police and inspectors dont care on everything now I believe if your tailsm were so black you couldn't see light a cop would stop you but my car just gets the thumbs up but if I had failed its just plastidip yanno it comes right off. Best part of ma inspection is you don't have to pass emissions if you car is 15 years or older the downside is the exhuast has to be oem and leak free from a quick visual check. They can fail you for smoke, excess noise, aftermarket mufflers, aftermarket lights. I did not have to bribe anybody to get Lola to pass

Last edited by tps221; 09-03-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:15 AM

See what you started by your thread & passing your inspection LOL > Thanks for creating some great activity on the MCF

Old 09-03-2013, 11:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I do like an idea of a "safety" inspection, within reason. A lot of people don't check certain things on their cars, oh, like brakes.... Or they will ride on worn brakes far longer then they should. A reasonable inspect may help keep some people safer.
But again, all things within reason.

In my location, a car no longer needs an emissions check when it is 25 years or older or has a collector plate.

A friend of mine with a heavily modded Vette had an issue a year or two ago. His plates lapsed (due to an engine rebuild), took it to have his emission check done. They failed because of his high flow cat, but could not articulate other then "tampering". He did not have a code delete and the rebuild was not to add a mod (so how the car is modded, it has passed via computer and conventional tail pipe testing consistently). Matter of fact, he was failed for "tampering" after they finished actually testing it (it's like the person wanted to fail him on purpose). Last I knew he was not going to go through the EPA hoops (as until he goes through some EPA craziness, the car is black listed from being tested and will not be retested). He told the guy at the inspection office "you're forcing me to do something I avoided for years. I get this car collector plates and you NEVER see it again". Last I knew, that's what he did.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Congrats on the pass!!