Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The Least Dependable Cars in America

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 AM

Its disappointing to me to see Dodge that high because I LOVE THE NEW CHALLENGERS! and the LOOK of the front of the rams, but I also am not suprised because if heard and seen people have soooooooo many problems with old sebrings, intrepids, stratus, even some chargers with axles and stuff like that.
I really wish chevy would make some big moves regarding coupes because the SPARK, SONIC, VOLT just dont do it for me the CRUZE doesnt look to bad but I still wouldnt buy it and be completely happy

Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 AM

Good information. From where did you collect all these.anyway good job.I really don't like this to buy a car. I have bought one from one of the dealer and it was at 2010 lancer .Now thinking to sell this car and thinking of buying a new car.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I have a friend that has a transmission shop here in Lakeland. He was telling me how great Honda's are. Since about around 2006 those geniuses have designed transmissions that are in a majority of their cars that can't be serviced. It has an internal filter that you have to remove and dismantle the transmission to clean. So at around 125,000 you are guaranteed a transmission rebuild to the tune of upwards of 2500.00 dollars. Just what I want to buy for sure. No thanks
Yeah, but you still have that VTEC, no?

I don't get why Consumer Reports and the rest of them still kiss Honda's and Toyota's butt, considering that, the oldest cars I see are domestics, and Toyota has had all those recalls recently. Every now and then I see late 70s-early 80s Oldsmobiles, Buicks, Lincolns, Cadillacs, Mercurys, that are still running with only duct tape holding the rust in place. I see well maintained versions of those too. My Monte though, seems like it's all alone in the Sea of Japan aka Texas roads sometimes..

Other days, the Monte is surrounded by its relatives- Impalas, Suburbans, Tahoes, Camaros, etc. as well as it's American competition- Mustangs, Challengers, etc.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:01 AM

I'd throw the cavalier at number 1 personally lol. Two of them between myself and my fiance and both pure junk.