Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Default RE: I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!

Hey, thanks everyone for your two cents. It was appreciated, I was serious about a car cover so if anyone knows a good quality of cover plaese let me know.
As for the neighbors, yeah I did bash them hard in my earlier post, and maybe I should have let some time pass before posting, but (in my opinion) venting it out in this forum was a lot better than taking it out on them, healthier I should say.
They are down on their luck and I've continually helped them out when and where I could, and most likely will continue to do so.
As for the parking, I own my modular next to theirs, and I have my own "private" driveway. I had noticed the little girl riding close several times before and asked her parents to keep her out of my drive. Thats why I was so mad, I had asked, I seen the writing on the wall so to speak. I'm still upset, andI will talk to their landlord, but I'm not expecting much. I have a buffer, and some 3M compund, so I'll see just how far the scrath is and deal with it.
Any suggestions on Rubbibg comound or maybe someone knows something better?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:39 PM

[align=center]Hi `Thomas,[/align][align=center]I hope that you can work things out, and[/align][align=center]that you can protect your awesome Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Below are some links to explore for a[/align][align=center]Car Cover with varied prices & materials.[/align][align=center]Wish you good Luck [/align][align=center]from[/align][align=center]Space & the `Bum's[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Pace Car Car Cover - Custom Cover By C...
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Pace Car Car Cover - Custom Cover By Covercraft Chevrolet Car Cover - Custom Covers By Covercraft AutoBarn.com is an authorized ...
www.autobarn.net/chevrolet-monte-carlo-pace-car-... - 123k - Similar pages
http://www.autobarn.net/chevrolet-mo...car-cover.html

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Car Cover - Custom Cover By ...
We carry the perfect Chevrolet Monte Carlo car cover for your needs. Twelve different car cover fabrics are available at various price levels.
www.autobarn.net/chevrolet-monte-carlo-ca... - 123k - Similar pages
[ More results from www.autobarn.net ]
http://www.autobarn.net/chevrolet-mo...car-cover.html[/align][URL=http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src=websearch&requestId=33299b5396d8d80& amp;clickedItemRank=3&userQuery=Car+Cover+Chev rolet+Monte+Carlo+%3F.&clickedItemURN=http%3A% 2F%2Fwww.car-stuff.com%2Fmmparts%2Fchevy-monte_carlo%2Fcar_cover.html&title=Chevy+%3Cb% 3EMonte+Carlo+Car+Cover%3C%2Fb%3E+-+Classic+%3Cb%3ECar+Cover%3C%2Fb%3E%2C+Covercraft+ %3Cb%3E...%3C%2Fb%3E&moduleId=matchingsites.js p.M&clickedItemPageRanking=3&clickedItemPa ge=1&clickedItemDescription=WebResults][u][color=#0000ff]Chevy [b]Mo

Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Thomas!

I was going to say pretty much what black03montess said. You can't get blood from a stone. Right now it's just a scratch from their 3 year old. With some people, hounding them will just get you more damage from the immature parents. Usually very expensive damage. Especially with renters because a lot of them don't give a darn about the neighbors.

I got a lot of renters here in my neighborhood, and the only thing they care about is the check they get in the mail once a month. I'm lucky in one sense, that I have a driveway at home where I can park my car away from the neighborhood kids' normal path of destruction. lol.

But at work I have to park in the employee's parking lot. I came back to my car a couple months ago to find a nice 8-9 inch scratch, still with white paint from the car that did it, in the front fender of my Monte. I was so ticked off, because I had no way of knowing who did it. The car obviously did it as they were leaving, because the car that was next to me when I returned was black. I even parked near the back of the lot and still got scratched.

Just like you, I pretty much had to take it and try to buff it out. If I were you Thomas, if the kid does it again, I'd tell the parents they're going to have to pay for it if it continues. I know you can't get blood from a stone. But some "government assisted" people seem to use this as an excuse to get away with things, and do what ever they want. You don't have to be a sucker and just take all their crap. But do keep in mind this is a 3 year old, and at that age sh*t happens.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:36 PM

well if it makes ya feel any better. wifes car has to park under a tree and of course where the tree is there are birds and white spots all over her blue car.

SO she gose to a frends house one day and her frend trying to be nice takes out a tissue and starts to scrub the bird crap off the car in a circeler motion so she has three or four nice round spots that are perminet in the paint now .

Nice frend huh!

as for the birsd they seem to have found a new respect for me and my car and when i come home they fly away. somthing about shooting them with a sling shot and hitting the tree around them has got them moving.

I cant bring my self to actually hit any of them but i have shot the leves and branches above thier head. but im also useing Green amo. reallly they are the acorns from that same tree LMAO!!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:50 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Advance Auto sales 3 car covers.. the most expesnive is 3 layers, 2 holes in the sides for bungee straps (use a plastic capped bungee cord, the metal will scratch the paint). also, they tend to blow up front the wind on the front (not the rear as much), so you can get clips for the front and put a strap there and be alright.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:01 PM

Well, It's kind of an old idea, but maybe you should try it.

The trunkmonkey....

Seriously though, I know it sucks, you should see my car now, since I moved to the city, i'm crying inside because of the damage it's taken within the last few months. Just to show you one.

Came out one morning to this, no name, no note, nothing left except my poor damaged monte

And thats just one :|

BTW, thats getting painted in a few weeks, I can't stand it any longer....