Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Default I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!

The neighbors 3 year old girl put a 13" scratch in my car! Drivers door just below the trim in the middle. I've previously asked her (and her parents) to stop riding that damn scooternear my car!!!! Pulled her and her mother to the Monte and got .... "Ohh, sorry."
They have no money, insurance (renting the place), and are constantly trying to borrow from me! I'm going to have totake this one right up the **** and pay for it.
Any good suggestions on a REALLY GOOD cover??? I'm thinking 2" thick, kevlar reinforced, motion detecting camera.....etc?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:50 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!

why didn't you call the police and file a police report? press charges for teh damages

Old 05-07-2008, 07:57 PM

d00d seriously screw those people make them pay if they gotta sell themselves into slavery make those worthless people put down the cash to fix your ride

Old 05-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Ya i know what your talking about all too well, my g/f's neighbors are the same renting, 4 or 5 kids and dont respect other peoples property. they like to climb over their vehicles and throw rocks. i know how you feel, its like what do they have to take from them. you know what i mean, its the you cant get blood from a stone kinda thing. but i always said if it happens to me im filing a police report and having it doccumented and sue for the damages. or you can sink to their level and make their $200 cars not run anymore, but they have no where to go anyways cuz they live off of the government and have more kids than they can afford(sorry little venting myself). but they will still be your neighbors and you still have to live by them. so ya its the whole bend over and take it up the tail pipe thing like off of Liar Liar.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:49 PM

did anyone mention the motion detecting trap uzzi?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:09 PM

I think black04montess knows better than anyone where I'm coming from. Thanks.
Yeah I could file a police report, and I could go after their landlords insurance (homeowners insurance) and I could have (frankly) yanked the dad out of his house by his hair and buffed the whole car with his nostrel hair, but I didnt. I have an idea of this familys recent history... move when they cant pay rent, pawn shops and food stamps, any gov. help they can get and promises of paybacks. You cant bleed blood from a turnip and so on and so forth.
The Idea of jacking with his truck seemed like a fair idea at first, then I thought about it and figure he'd just come ask me to fix it anyways.
Its the tailpipe for me on this one.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:36 PM

It's a shame. I'm sure you sufficiently traumatized the poor little girl. She's sorry but is too young to know how you feel. You could do a lot of things. But the tenor of your rant does not do anyone any justice.

You got your poor and trash imagery vented to us. I'm sure if the people were to read what you wrote they'd have good reason to show you have done your best at defamation of their character. All of us smart at the image of the 13-inch scratch on your door. But, you've done some severe damage to them with the language you chose to describe the incident and the after effect you so angrily wrote about.

If you knew that the little kid only had the scooter to play with and always rode it near where you parked your car; you're as much to blame as the little girl for setting yourself up.
Get your door fixed and leave the guys truck alone.

If you want to blame somebody for the accident; start by taking a good look in the mirror.
It's too bad it happened. To all of you involved.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 PM

Gee Rick, you sure made a good point.
Unfortunatly you missed the point. Althought you eloquently stated that your assumption is that I unfairly traumatized the young girl, the fact is your wrong. I politley asked her mother to do me a favor and ask he child to not ride her scooter in my DRIVEWAY. The mother then rolled off her chair, from which she loudly voices her opinion out through the open front door to her children, and showed the young innocent child the scratch. The child admitted hitting the car, I told the young girl it was "O.K", and the mother carried the girl into the house.
The ensuing rant was what the post title was... A VENT.
Simmer down hotrod, your no Dr. Phill.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 PM

Ohh, and by the way, Rick.
Ive dealt with these girls, there are 3 of them, for 6 months now. They eat at my house whenever they want, they have more clothes and toys than my girl does because their parents are working the system. I'll continue to welcome them into my house because they are just kids.
As for the tenor of my post.... You betcha!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:14 AM

It's all in the perspective.

I know a couple of guys who'd rather have their car doors scratched than spend another few months in Iraq.
At least you know that when you walk-up to your car it ain't going to explode and wipe you off the face of this Earth.

I know I'm not a Doctor Phil. He's just a guy on TV. I'm just an old man with a Monte Carlo that walked in the back door one day.
Sometimes it's interesting. Sometimes it's no so.
Tomorrow is another day.
I'm just trying to keep things level.
My way ain't always best. But, most of the time I make good sense.

Quick Reply: I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!