Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you a Good Person ?
Yes, I do my best to be a Good Person in my Life
38.89%
Yes, I think I am most of the time
27.78%
I'm trying to be a good person in my life
33.33%
I try, but people around me makes it difficult
0%
I'm a Bad Person all the time (I'm sure some will click this) to try & be funny)
0%
I was born Bad & I still am...Stay out of my life..
0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

? How to be a Good Person ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Default being nice

I just try to be nice to anyone I meet and try not to judge or gain an understanding of that person until I get to know them a little better.
Keeping a positive attitude and not dwelling on the negative works best for me. Treating others as I would like to be treated is the goal.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

All I can do is be a better man then I was yesterday. I try hard to achieve that everyday.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
All I can do is be a better man then I was yesterday. I try hard to achieve that everyday.

Thanks `Lou & Member's for your words/thoughts/posts.
It's not always easy to `be the best that you can `be, but the rewards can be great 4-Sure...

Below are 10 tips that may help some member's ? I share, cause I care

Here are some tips you might like to consider ? ? ?:

1. Know what you want *( I want a 4th Gen Monte)
Maybe you have a talent you have longed to express and develop. If not, you probably know how you would like to be experiencing your life - perhaps with more happiness, better communications with the ones you love, greater fulfilment in your work.

* Knowing is deeper and stronger than~> wishful thinking or hoping 4-Sure it is. It is a conviction so solid that you can base your life on it. *

"There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self."
Benjamin Franklin

2. Engage with your intention
Daily nurture your vision - see, feel, hear how you will be experiencing the fulfilment of your the life you want, both inwardly and in the world. Use your imagination.

3. Practice your passion - take action
If you have a talent, keep working with it. If you would like to be happier, do things that make you happy. Better communications? Be willing to learn, practise, improve - and make mistakes from time to time. Your intention will speak volumes. Fulfillment? Adjust your attitude to being positive instead of negative.
"Nothing will work unless you do."
Maya Angelou

4. Raise your energy - turn up the heat
Love yourself and be grateful for all you have in your life, right now. Pay attention to your blessings. Look up. Learn to forgive and laugh at the mistakes you make along the way. Each day, feel the enthusiasm for your vision, as if it has already happened. Stay open for the remarkable to take place. It will.
"There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein

5. Gather positive people around you
At the very least, spend time with people who are supportive and for you. Enrich yourself by getting to know others who are actively creating the best for themselves, and learn from them.
"If you have zest and enthusiasm you attract zest and enthusiasm.
Life does give back in kind."
Norman Vincent Peale

6. Get rid of what is unnecessary
Clear the clutter! Live lean with only that which you need around you. The feeling of freedom you gain will liberate you closer to what you really want.

^"May the seeds of 2day be the fruits of 2morrow" ^

7. Organize yourself for success
Find ways of dealing with life's necessities so that you are not distracted by them. Only agree to do what you will actually do. Learn to say no to what does not fit for you.
"If we did all the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves."
Thomas A Edison

8. Set no time limits
Learn to live in the present moment and respond to your intuitive guidance. There are times when to act; times when to hold. You will get to know which is which.
"We have time enough if we will but use it right."
Johann Wolfgang von Geothe

9. Believe in yourself - believe in your vision 4-Sure
Feeling doubtful? In these challenging times, young children may teach us something. As adults, we can also be persistent in going for what we value.

"A visionary is one who can find his way by moonlight,
and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
10. Treasure yourself
Do the things that show you care for yourself: eat foods that serve your body; drink plenty of water; get enough sleep; exercise regularly; make time and space for fun ; stay focused on your vision and intention. Taking care of your health is a wise investment of your time and attention.
"The diamond you are, you wear within you.
You can call on its beauty and power when you want to stand forward and dazzle."
Make a difference, everyday of your life 4-Sure

I hope the above was worth your time to read...
Wish you a Happy Life...Be the Driver & drive your life to where you want to be `4-Sure....Live/Love & `be Happy 2 `be
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 08-04-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Talking Just because it may help someone or remind me to be good 2day>always<

How do you see yourself ?
A good person, or a Bad person ?

I prefer good over bad,
but evil sometimes tries it's best to influence me to be
bad

Old 07-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

I kinda look at the nice person thing on what you do for other folks.

I enjoy doing something nice for someone who I know can never pay me back.

The funny thing is once you do that, don't ever feel bad if they don't remember you. Cause typically they will not.
I had this experience before. I had a friend who I was able to help, with repairs around her ranch, I would remember her on Christmas, Birthdays, Mothers Day, Valentines Day, she would tell me it was so nice that I remembered her. But when I had a Birthday or something she would remember she forgot me. haha
So this evening I just walk into a Restaurant and was waiting to be seated, this fellow on Crutch Canes was ambling out with his wife, So I got the door for him. All while the Hostess was about to seat me. So I lost my place in line.

So here is the Parable of the Good Samaritan

Jesus said:
“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.

A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.

So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.
The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Now if we cold all do something like that.........Wow it would be a good place to live.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Talking

Hi `Dale, thanks for posting/sharing your experience/actions.
You are a good man & you set a good example.
I enjoy threads on subject like this that reminds me
of my teachings + the examples of the senior citizens that helped
teach & raise me in homeschool +

I try to follow in the footsteps of my best life friend
Moderator `Space, but he had really big feet for a small
kid/guy (lol)
I miss him in my life & I still pray that he finds
a doctor that can fix him...

"It's good 2 `be good"
"It's bad 2 be bad" >
Choices

"`be true"