Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, February 24, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Morning MCF!! We got lots of snow here in the mittin!! About 8 inches where I am at.. The horses are all riled up and are running around their pen!

Hope everyone with lots of snow is being safe! TGIF!

Still driving this Burnt orange dodge caliber and I love it!

Have a great day everyone! -Ash

Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Possum
Here's a picture of the belt in Rick's 07 Cobalt....think he caught it in time?
Hi `Angie, & yes I believe Rick caught it in time, but it will make a nice whip for his motorcyle gang..They can be great protection LOL ~>
================================================== ====
Hi Ashley, be safe out their on your roads, but have a blast in the snow 4-Sure..
Is your Caliber a 4 cylinder with CVT ? Have you seen the new Dodge Dart that's coming
out in a few months...To me they are nicer then the Caliber @ about the same price..

Wish you a Fun WeekEnd ~> EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 02-24-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good morning everyone! my day is starting off wonderful! i woke up at 10am its now 10:52am in pa and i am still in bed on mcf! todays agenda is to reload some shells untill the gf gets home from work, go to dinner, go to bar, sleep lol. the only thing that sucks is that could change at any minute seeing as with my job im always on call 24/7. hope everyone has a great day!

Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Here's a picture of the belt in Rick's 07 Cobalt....think he caught it in time?
Reminds me of my car, except mine was missing about an 1/8th inch from the side all the way around

Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by kawasaki22106
good morning everyone! my day is starting off wonderful! i woke up at 10am its now 10:52am in pa and i am still in bed on mcf! todays agenda is to reload some shells untill the gf gets home from work, go to dinner, go to bar, sleep lol. the only thing that sucks is that could change at any minute seeing as with my job im always on call 24/7. hope everyone has a great day!

Hi `John,
Thanks for checking in on the Blog. Sounds like you are havin a great day & a good life 4-Sure. I can relate to being on call all the time, but it's a paycheck 4 -Sure...

Wish you a fun weekend...Party Smart...Oh, Good Luck in our MOTM Contest...There's some supersuper Montes that have been nominated 4-Real...`Taz should be starting the contest soon..I'm amazed at everything you've done 2 your Monte "WoW" ~> EnJoy your Moments
Look 4ward to you future posts!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
================================================== ====
Hi Ashley, be safe out their on your roads, but have a blast in the snow 4-Sure..
Is your Caliber a 4 cylinder with CVT ? Have you seen the new Dodge Dart that's coming
out in a few months...To me they are nicer then the Caliber @ about the same price..

Wish you a Fun WeekEnd ~> EnJoy
Hey Space! Yes, I am just testing out the base model. 2.0 litre with the CVT, it's super cool for sure. I love that it doesn't really shift and you can't feel it. It's not fast, but it's fun to drive. I want the AWD r/t version. I found a cool black one by me with navigation, sunroof, heated seats, remote start and the whole deal, and its really nice, so I am thinking about going for that one, but I am still searching. If I could really have a choice I would get the SRT-4 caliber which is turbocharged and throws out 285 horseys. Now that would be sweet!

The dart looks pretty sweet, but I like the hatchback on the caliber, and how boxy it is.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Thanks Ashley for your reply...
Everyone should get what they like to drive 4-Sure & can afford...I know the Caliber's are decent on gas & have a lot of room 4 there size...I didn't know they had a 4WD options...
WoW, what a person can learn on the MCF I learn something everyday, but I keep on 4gett'in

I hope you really do your homework on your car search & at school ...It really pays to research & search for everything about the car(s) that you are interested in...Good Luck on finding what you will enjoy driving...Because driving a car you love is so much more fun, then driving one that you don't like or hate Keep us updated 4-Sure....Oh ~> EnJoy

Peace/Out from `Space

Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `John,
Thanks for checking in on the Blog. Sounds like you are havin a great day & a good life 4-Sure. I can relate to being on call all the time, but it's a paycheck 4 -Sure...

Wish you a fun weekend...Party Smart...Oh, Good Luck in our MOTM Contest...There's some supersuper Montes that have been nominated 4-Real...`Taz should be starting the contest soon..I'm amazed at everything you've done 2 your Monte "WoW" ~> EnJoy your Moments
Look 4ward to you future posts!
hey space, yes its a paycheck and a good one at that lmao. thanks and i hope your weekend is filled with safe fun as well. i cant wait till the contest starts it will be fun to see the results!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Morning everyone. All done with class and work for the day. Going to head to Wisconsin around 11. Roads shouldn't be too bad by the time we leave. Probably going to wash the Monte as soon as we get there, never like seeing it salt coated. Might spray the underside for a few hours Can't wait to spend the weekend with my siblings, they're growing up too fast and they change so much every time I go back! I've got a lot of homework to do but that can wait til I return Sunday night lol. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, probably won't be able to check in much. I'll definitely be watching the race though

Old 02-24-2012, 10:25 AM

Morning All,

Happy Friday! Long / busy week for me. Looking forward to some down-time.

My morning commute/ride got exciting when an older lady with her head up her #$% started to pull out in front of me from a side road on the highway. No where for me to go since there were cars in the left lane as well. Hit horn / hit brakes hard / squeeze left as far as possible. Luckily she stopped while only half-way into my lane, so I had room to get around. Amazing how fast my heart beats with all that adrenaline suddenly dumped into my blood stream. Reminded me that I need to buy an aftermarket horn (LOUD) to replace the wimpy stock horn on my bike.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, February 24, 2012