Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, February 24, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 AM

Hi `Justin,
Wish you a safe journey back home..
Don't drive like the Smoke Are you picking him to win the 500 on Sunday. EnJoy your weekend & the race 4-Sure
===========================================
Hi `Dave, it's great that you were driving defensively & that you were able to avoid a accident I love adrenaline pumps, but not that kind...Yes, we never know if we will have another day, or another minute of life 4-Sure...

I'm happy that you are here & it's another reminder to extract the most from each day that we are given
Wish you a safe/fun day & weekend ~>EnJoy

Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
p.s. Mod Mike, wish you a safe/fun trip up to the mountains in your Stick Shift Camaro...I envy U 4-Sure!
Don't envy me too much. I know it SHOULD be a fun twisty road ride, but I will have Jenna with me and she doesn't appreciate when I drive that way

Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Justin,
Wish you a safe journey back home..
Don't drive like the Smoke Are you picking him to win the 500 on Sunday. EnJoy your weekend & the race 4-Sure
Thanks Space. No speeding for me, nice weather or not. Can't afford any tickets

Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM

Space, that 8 years is just what I've done so far. I figure I'm far enough along now that I might as well stick it out and try to make it to retirement (if my body will let me).

Finished running my errands, looked at that 99 T/A. Told the guy if that or the 95 Z was still there in a couple months I might be in a position to buy. If both of them are still there I'll have one hell of a decision to make. Both are in great shape and close to the same miles. 124k on the T/A, 119k on the Z28. LS1 on the T/A, LT1 on the Z28. Both with the T56 and 3.73 rear end. The Camaro would be my 3rd 4th gen Camaro, the T/A would only be my second Pontiac (and first RWD Pontiac). They're my two favorite styles out of the 4th gens (not as big on the 98-02 Camaros or 93-97 Firebirds in terms of looks). That would be one tough decision but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there. Most likely, by the time I'm in a position to buy, one or both of them will be gone.

So anyway I'm gonna get my stuff together and probably head out in a little while to get my tire changed and then hit the road for my Reserve unit.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LS1 > LT1 for me personally.

No having to deal with that terrible Opti-spark, and the LS1 has pretty decent gas mileage.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone, went to pick up my paycheck today and discovered i had 2 checks. One was my normal the other was un used sick time payout. Didn't even know i got sick time Anytime i go out my dad is always like "bring me home a surprise" which i usually never do. Then i was near my house and i noticed someone ran over a road sign and broke it, i'm like ooooo i want the road sign!! So i got myself a bent up street name sign. Today is a pretty good day

Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Don't envy me too much. I know it SHOULD be a fun twisty road ride, but I will have Jenna with me and she doesn't appreciate when I drive that way

LoL Mod `Mike,
Whose driving your Camaro ? You or Jenna ? LOL
Whose driving your `life ? Jenna ? Just wait until you get married Jenna will `be your GPS 24/7 What ? LOL

The same think happens to me It's the price we must pay for those we love 4-Sure...Wish you & Jenna a fun safe trip 2gether on your trip to the Pocono's & in your life 2gether...~>EnJoy....p.s. next time leave her @ home LOL ~ LOL ~LOL
============================================
`Keane, it great to read some good news in place of some of the bad luck you've had on a few things...Surprise bonuses in life are always welcomed 4-Sure...EnJoy
===========================================
Hi `Justin, you are a wise 2 drive safe & smart & don't risk a ticket or points 4-Real...Have a Super Trip & visit with family
==========================================
Happy Birthday
to Member Bfoor24 from North Carlolina
Your Monte Carlo Family wishes you a
SuperSuper Birthday ~> EnJoy your Special Day

Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You're right on space, my luck usually is not the best, a good change is always nice. I think im gonna reak havock on NYC in GTA

Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
LS1 > LT1 for me personally.

No having to deal with that terrible Opti-spark, and the LS1 has pretty decent gas mileage.
Opti-spark has a worse rep than it honestly deserves. Especially after 95 when they went to the vented optis. And I've seen my share of LT1s push upper 20s just like I have LS1s. The Bird would be more expensive of course but we'll see.

Just found out that they pulled our room for tonight for those of us just inside 150 miles. So I'll have to leave at 3am. I'm gonna go get my tire changed and come back home and go to sleep after I stop by the Verizon store. Also just found out the phone I've been planning to upgrade to is on sale (at least online on the Verizon site it is). I'm gonna stop by the store to see if it is at the same price there. If so, I'll pick it up today. If not, I'll order it and it'll get here sometime next week. Be about 60 bucks after my discount which will be nice. I was originally planning on it being around $160 so I was going to have to wait on it. But with the $100 price drop I better jump on it now cause if I wait a few weeks it'll probably go back up.

So off I go. I'll talk to y'all later.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We got about 5'' or so if snow and it's still coming down. I just came in from shoveling it was wet and heavy and its already covering. It started just after 330 and we had enough for them to give the kids a day off.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, February 24, 2012