Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, February 24, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
We got about 5'' or so if snow and it's still coming down. I just came in from shoveling it was wet and heavy and its already covering. It started just after 330 and we had enough for them to give the kids a day off.
It sounds like it's time to bundle up yourself and the kids and go have a little fun. Build a snow fort and have a snowball fight, make snow angels, build a snow man...maybe even go sledding if they close any hills nearby. Then come home and warm up with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The opti is still not resistant to water, so you have to be very careful with it. And there is coolant that goes through the TB ABOVE the Opti, and if that leaks can ruin the Opti.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

They have a coil pack conversion kit for the LT1 mine had it, i miss my LT motor it had crazy torque but my LS1.5 is a sweet motor too & only the 6 speed LS cars get decent milage autos still hover around 19mpg

I run around 30 on the hwy

Last edited by 03JGMonte; 02-24-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Don't envy me too much. I know it SHOULD be a fun twisty road ride, but I will have Jenna with me and she doesn't appreciate when I drive that way
Ohhh Man does that sound like my wife. When we were younger she never said anything. If were in the Chevelle and I messin with it on the rd. I get this look like REALLY. I just tell her thats what this car is meant to do !

Old 02-24-2012, 02:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Ohhh Man does that sound like my wife. When we were younger she never said anything. If were in the Chevelle and I messin with it on the rd. I get this look like REALLY. I just tell her thats what this car is meant to do !
haha yep! The second I kick the back-end out she freaks.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

afternoon mcf members! ok so my day is still going great and i may be buying a used t66 turbo for the monte and dumping the pt61! yep more powa!!!! lol ill keep everybody posted as to if i get it or not!

Old 02-24-2012, 02:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
It sounds like it's time to bundle up yourself and the kids and go have a little fun. Build a snow fort and have a snowball fight, make snow angels, build a snow man...maybe even go sledding if they close any hills nearby. Then come home and warm up with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate.
That does sound like fun but 3 of my kids are teens so they aren't gonna hang with me. The 10 year old is too busy too. He had plans as soon as he woke up today I think i will have some hot chocolate tho. The good home made kind made with cocoa powder and milk and sugar. Not that just add water crap.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening all, done with my crazy rampage for now i think. Kinda just waiting until i have to go to work

Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 PM

That coil conversion also exists for the TPI motors as well. Pretty neat thing. If I had kept the IROC I may have done the conversion. And I've never had a 4th gen with an automatic, nor will I ever get one if I can help it. If I have the option, I always go manual. I'm so used to working the clutch that even in traffic it doesn't bother me.

If both those cars are still there I think price will be a key point. Cause for what I'm gonna do with it 20 hp is not going to be a huge difference. And if it's a big price difference then I'll definitely go with the Camaro. Like I said, Optis aren't as bad as they're made out to be, and I've seen plenty last quite a while, just as long as traditional distributors I might add. I've also seen traditional dizzys accumulate a ton of moisture. Matter of fact, last one I had to replace was because when I pulled the cap, all the wires inside of it were completely corroded. It's a wonder it still even gave off any spark. I never did figure that mystery out. Car didn't have all that many miles on it either.

Stopped by the store on my way back from getting tires and turns out the sale was online only. And when I looked even closer it ends on Tuesday. So I jumped all over that and the phone SHOULD be here Monday. We'll see.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Getting ready to head to the Birthday party then back home and watch the Nascar truck race. Will have it on Dvr. Have a great evening and will check back in later.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, February 24, 2012