Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you presently ride a motorcycle ?
Yes, I presently ride & will post about it
17.65%
No, I used to ride & still want to
29.41%
No, I've never rode or had a Motorcycle
11.76%
I want one & have rode other friends bikes
35.29%
I want one 4-Sure
17.65%
I'm afraid of them & don't like them
0%
I'm afraid of them, but still really want one (lol)
23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

- - Do you Ride a Motorcycle ? - -

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey thanks for the kind words Rick!
Yes she did ride somewhat...she just recently had gotten her cycle indorsement...The plan was afterwards when we got settled into our new home...the plan was ultimately to get her a bike as well..as we all know never came to pass. But she could ride...even rode me on the back a cpl times home..(cause I was to buzzed to ride) back then.. lol..
I would guess, there may have been a few times we may have hung together somewhere...and never met 1 another? Like easyrider rodeos etc...or even just passing by one another in the "wind"...I would like to definately sit down with ya and shoot the breeze of our similar if not the same experiences of being "in the wind" for sure Rick! Thanks my Brother in the wind! Take care also Rick...Glad to hear to that you and your Mrs had the oppurtunity and time to ride...together on your scoots! After we experienced the blessing of the bikes in Baldwin, Easyrider rodeos, our next goal as you and your Mrs did...was to also ride to Sturgis for that Bike week as well as do Daytona!

I sure miss the life style, As well as my fello brothers in the wind!!!
But life has certainly put a twist in my life that theres no recovery from...
(I will always be an amputee)...and the constant reminder of what was,and what now will always be!

Thanks space for your kind words as well and takeing the time to read..what happens in life...with you...or to you in a moments notice...
That is whats called living "LIFE"!...

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-26-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I like bikes but have had too many freinds lose arms and legs in wreaks to ride on one myself. I love to look at then at car shows for sure

Old 10-27-2012, 04:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Dave: Here's one of the things we've been looking at My buddy next door Dad has one of these. Its as cool as you can get Even you I think could ride one of these.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Rick & Member's,
Thanks everyone for your posts & contributions

Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Dave: Here's one of the things we've been looking at My buddy next door Dad has one of these. Its as cool as you can get Even you I think could ride one of these.
Looks cool for sure Rick.
I recently was at Biker Bobs on telegraph here in Taylor. They had a 2008 flh street conversion (Black) to a trike...It was definately badass with only 6600 original miles on it....But the sticker shock was way more than I was willing to pay...$25,000..was what they wanted for it! and its now2012?. that makes it 4 yrs old....I know Harleys hold there value...Its just more than I can afford currently on my disability...

I have been keepn an eye on Craigs list etc....Just in case I can find the right price range for me to get out in the wind again...
Because, The only Bike I will ride ...Is a Harley! Nothing less will do!
But thanks Rick for the heads up!

Old 10-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

space, add a vote button for "i previously owned and rode and no longer ride or want to ride." <------------ this is me

i owned a 04 cbr 600 f4i that was mildly built up. was a really quick bike but i was losing respect for it and i seen myself getting really hurt if i kept going like i was so i sold it and will never buy another.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM

=turbo monte;504747]space, add a vote button for "i previously owned and rode and no longer ride or want to ride." <------------ this is me

i owned a 04 cbr 600 f4i that was mildly built up. was a really quick bike but i was losing respect for it and i seen myself getting really hurt if i kept going like i was so i sold it and will never buy another.
^ hi turbo monte...space is on his recharge but i am sure he will read u're words. i luv u're bike & U trick everything out - like u're mods. i never had one but have rode my friends....im like space & dont know how 2 go slow on one....i really want 1 but will wait til i grow up more- but again im like space & that may never happen...oh-super pic's
peace 2 all -beachBum' mike

Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 AM

Hi `John, I agree with my BeachBum friend `Mike, you sure trick out your rides

That's a beautiful `bike...Thanks for posting & sharing..
I think you were wise to sell `if you can't resist the temptations...I know that I can't...I love the speed & power & I know that I have to learn control & my temptationsn to `go full blast b-4 I ever get a `bike...

I do like Honda's, but I also like many makes/models...
I'd like to have something like the below for the beach & the woods..

Click on pic to see their new Model & prices...I'd even take the little 80cc one (lol) It would be fun

Old 10-28-2012, 06:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi Turbo John: Thats a good Idea. Once you lose the respect of your motorcycle. Ya better give it up. Cause your going to do one of two things or both. Your going to seriously hurt yourself or someone else. OR both! I love Motorcycles more then any car or truck. But the RESPECT Has to be there ! Good for you John .

Old 10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
^ hi turbo monte...space is on his recharge but i am sure he will read u're words. i luv u're bike & U trick everything out - like u're mods. i never had one but have rode my friends....im like space & dont know how 2 go slow on one....i really want 1 but will wait til i grow up more- but again im like space & that may never happen...oh-super pic's
peace 2 all -beachBum' mike
Thanks, yea nothing I have can stay factory lol. The bike had the exhaust it was cammed, geared different, tuned, and then the visuals lol

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `John, I agree with my BeachBum friend `Mike, you sure trick out your rides

That's a beautiful `bike...Thanks for posting & sharing..
I think you were wise to sell `if you can't resist the temptations...I know that I can't...I love the speed & power & I know that I have to learn control & my temptationsn to `go full blast b-4 I ever get a `bike...

I do like Honda's, but I also like many makes/models...
I'd like to have something like the below for the beach & the woods..

Click on pic to see their new Model & prices...I'd even take the little 80cc one (lol) It would be fun
Thanks space, I've seen to many of my buddies wreck over the years and I knew if I kept going like I was I would be next.

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Hi Turbo John: Thats a good Idea. Once you lose the respect of your motorcycle. Ya better give it up. Cause your going to do one of two things or both. Your going to seriously hurt yourself or someone else. OR both! I love Motorcycles more then any car or truck. But the RESPECT Has to be there ! Good for you John .
Thanks. Yea that was where I was headed. Back in high school there was a kid I knew but didn't talk to much. He bought a brand new Yamaha r6 and was a real good rider but had no respect for it. He decided to sell it and a guy came and put money down on it and were transferring the title that coming Saturday. Saturday morning he got up and needed a can of chew so he took the bike for 1 last ride. He was on the back wheel cops estimated speed over 100mph and a van didn't see him and pulled in front of him. his last ride was his last breathe as well