Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~ ~ mOtorCycle-\O

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ ~ mOtorCycle-\O

[align=center][/align][align=center][]..Go 2 below post 2 `Vote[/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ _____[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post your MotorCycle Dream `Bike[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you have one, please post, and tell us all[/align][align=center]about it. If you have a site of your favorite[/align][align=center]bike, please post : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is ourretired MCF`Mod Montejass Dream bike:[/align][align=center]2008 Suzuki Hayabusa gets redesign, bigger engine, more power
Posted Jul 14th 2007 2:24PM by Alex Nunez
Filed under: Etc., Suzuki
[:-]WoW [:-]

The unending contest between Suzuki and Kawasaki to see who can build the world's fastest streetbike continues, with Suzuki introducing an all-new Hayabusa for 2008. The bike's engine grows from 1299cc to 1340cc for '08, and a commensurate power jump is expected to let the new 'Busa equal or surpass the numbers put up by Kawasaki's hyper-performance machine, the Ninja ZX-14. Bikeland.org has hi-res pics and full features and specs on the '08 'Busa, which will be joined in showrooms by a naked edition dubbed the "B-King." The price for the the '08 Hayabusa's time-and-space-bending performance: $11,999. Suzuki's official site has the skinny on all the new '08s here.

Follow the jump for a video of the 2008 Hayabusa's reveal.

[Source: Bikeland.org]

[/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center]
Tags: 2008 hayabusa, 2008Hayabusa, b-king, hayabusa, motorcycles

"Dreans are `free"
~ Peace ~
`Space

[:-]The Beach Bum's & I look forward to your posts. : ) [:-] [/align]

Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Default RE: ~ Motorcyle Dreams ~ Post yours ~

[align=center]America's best guide to motorcycle roads and trips.
Choose a state in the map below

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center]

... or choose a state name from the following list:

[align=center][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][color=#ffffff][size=2][size=1][color=#003366]Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, [

Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below for Harley's[/align][align=center] [/align]
Harley-Davidson Motorcycles
[align=center]Harley-Davidson, Inc. is the parent company of Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Buell Motorcycle Company and Harley-Davidson Financial Services. Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight motorcycles and offers a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories, apparel, and general merchandise. Buell Motorcycle Company produces a line of sport motorcycles.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][ul][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center][/align]
SHOOT-OUTS
[ul][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][center]View all Harley-Davidson ReviewsCUSTOM
[IMG]http://www.motorcycle.com/images/05_06_Destroyer_057_rdax_150x112.jpg[/ima

Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Engine:
Rolls Royce Allison
250 series gas turbine

Power
320 HP @52,000 rpm
(286 HP @ rear wheel)

Torque:
425 ft/lbs @ 2,000 rpm

Output RPM:
6,000 rpm

Compressor Speed:
54,000 rpm

Weight:
500 lbs

Frame:
aluminum alloy

Fairings:
carbon fiber

Rake:
27 degrees

Seat Height:
31.5 in

Wheel Base:
68 in

Wheels:
17" carbon fiber, Dymag

Tires - Front:
120 60ZR17, Pirelli

- Rear:
200 50ZR17, Pirelli

Brakes:
3x320 mm floating system- 4 piston
calipers, Brembo

Shocks:
mono-shock adjustable
oleopneumatic, Ohlins

Front Forks:
55 mm inverted

Fuel:
diesel, kerosene

Fuel Capacity:
8.5 gallons (34 liters)

Lubrication:
[b][font=verdana][color=#ffcc00][size=2]dry-sump/3.5 quarts tu

Old 08-22-2007, 05:52 PM

~ Oh ~ WoW ~
[:-]
`What a `Dream : ) ~> a Wet One
[:-]
Thanks 4 Post'in GP `Dave
"To dare 2 `Dream"
~ Peace ~
`Space

Old 08-23-2007, 05:16 AM

[align=center]World's Fastest Street Legal Bike?

[/align][align=center]Eric Paquette and his crew at Dracut Alternator Service may have assembled the fastest street legal bike ever. Paquette is a horsepower enthusiast with great technical and fabricating ability. Most of the parts and pieces on the bike were drawn up and made by Paquette.

This speed machine is based on a GSX-R1100 with many modifications. The fuel injection system is modified from late-model GM cars and takes in air from an intake Paquette developed. Eric also fabricated the modified triple-clamps, the aluminum fuel tank, all the fairing brackets, a clutch cover for the MTC lock-up clutch, and many other parts.
[/align][align=center]

Displacement was bumped to 1,186 and the 80mm pistons are held together with Carrillo rods and a modified crank assembly. An Air Research turbo unit with Tial wastegate spins in a custom turbo exhaust system. Bosch fuel pumps supply the gas and nitrous injection backs everything up.

To make sure the pistons live in this extreme environment, Paquette sent them off to Swain Tech Coatings in Scottsville, New York for the ultimate thermal barrier and low friction coatings. Swain Tech has been developing and applying high performance coatings for over 25 years and is widely recognized as the leading coating company. The pistons were coated with Swain's ceramic TBC (Thermal Barrier Coating) on the domes to reflect the maximum amount of heat into the combustion chamber and to keep the heat out of the piston, allowing the piston to run cooler and stronger. The skirts were coated with PC-9, a low friction/anti-seize coating to reduce friction loses and improves the wear characteristics of both the piston skirts and cylinder walls. Even after extensive abuse in this motor, the coated pistons still look great.

The results of this high performance masterpiece is a bike that will run in the low 9's and 160 mph quarter mile all day. Beyond the impressive quarter mile times, the top speed is where this bike really lights it up. For a street legal bike to pass the 200 mph mark is doing well, when it breaks 210, that is something to applaud. This 420 rear-wheel horsepower bike topped out at 213.766 mph and remained remarkably calm, cool and collected during top speed passes.

The combination of Paquette's uncanny ability to develop and blend high performance parts and Swain Tech's high performance coatings have resulted in one of the fastest and most rideable street legal bikes out there. [/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 AM

Warp Speed Ahead!

[/align][align=center]
[/align]

[/align][/align]
Leaning against the car door as the motorcycle races toward us, the silence is almost eerie. High temperatures and the near-100 percent humidity of a Carolina summer makes the air wool-blanket heavy. Off in the distance, the old passenger plane carcasses that litter the abandoned airstrip at Maxton, North Carolina, shimmer in the haze. The sound of the motorcycle starts as a low whistle, then grows into something similar to a rainsuit snapping in the wind. Traveling at 227 mph (or 333 feet per second) the rider flashes through the timing lights before the sound of the engine--a roar not unlike a jet plane--even reaches me. I watch the rider, Top Fuel motorcycle pilot Wayne Pollack, aboard Rich Yancy's 400-horsepower, turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa, fighting to get the two-wheeled bullet slowed before the tarmac ends. I am speechless.
Nowadays we tend to be jaded about high speeds on motorcycles. One-hundred and fifty mph is No Big Deal--there are literally dozens of motorcycles on the market that can achieve this number the minute they roll off the assembly line. Many will hit 170 mph pretty easily, and one or two will get you into the 180s if you have the cojones and the real estate. But there is a huge difference between 180 and 200 mph. Aerodynamically, motorcycles are crude machines, and the physics of airflow management mean that even tiny gains in speed above 180 mph require enormous amounts of horsepower.

[/align][/align]
The amount of horsepower required to overcome aerodynamic drag rises as the cube of speed. Consider this: 160 hp is enough to push a stock Hayabusa to nearly 190 mph, but it would take closer to 225 hp to get that same bike to 200 mph--65 more hp for just 10 more mph on top. Going 200 mph on a production-based motorcycle is a huge accomplishment--indeed, there are only 42 riders in the East Coast Timing Association's (ECTA) elite "200-mph" club. Two-hundred and twenty-seven mph is simply amazing--only slightly less difficult than riding your Ninja to the moon. And at 227 mph, Yancy's super-'Busa is just warming up.
Located two hours southeast of Charlotte near the South Carolina border, Maxton is the final frontier in the pursuit of top speed. A World War II-era military airstrip that hasn't seen active duty in decades, the place is now mostly a graveyard for retired passenger planes, save for the five or six weekends a year when the ECTA marks off its one-mile, standing-start race course. The ECTA has certified land-speed-record attempts for motorcycles (and cars) at Maxton since 1995.

[/align][/align]
[b]Record chasers make up a small, tightknit society that operates on the outer fringes of the motorcycle world. Chasing ultimate speeds is an esoteric, sometimes ugly pursuit. There are no factory teams, no major sponsors and little media attention. Even after you spend countless hours and mad cubic dollars to break through th

Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]

Vote for some of the hottest Motorcycle Babes on the Internet. Our biker babes have submitted their pictures, and now its up to you to decide who is the Motorcycle Babe of the Month! Your votes will help choose the winner! Come back regularly to see the latest girls, and get your hot girlfriends to register for our model contest! [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Motorcycle.com Babe
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
Vote For Model Motorcycle.com Babe
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
Vote For Model
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Motorcycle.com Babe
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
Vote For Model

Motorcycle.com Babe
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
Vote For Model

Motorcycle.com Babe
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
Vote For Model

Motorcycle.com Babe
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
Vote For Model
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align][center][URL=http://www.motorcycle.com/babes/signup.html][IMG]http://www.motorcycle.com

Old 08-23-2007, 05:39 AM

[align=center]2007 Winners

August
[/align]
July
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][center]
[

Old 08-23-2007, 11:33 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dear Santa,

Hi, how are you?

I'll bet you're wondering why I wrote so early this year? (compared to previous years)
Well, I thought I'd let you know what I wanted for Christmas a bit early. That way you can get me what I wanted and there won't be those long sometimes pesky lines to contend with.

I know I've been good this year (so far anyways)
No drug busts, or making funny money. I haven't been questioned about the missing Monte Carlo yet, and the rich people even paid the ransom money I demanded. So life is good.

But anyways, I'll take one of these under my tree this year. Or you can just lay it in the bed next to me so when I wake on Christmas morn it will be right beside me, ready for me to enjoy.

Take care and talk with you later. Tell the Mrs. I said hi and I'll be seeing her soon. Your pal.
RJ

`What a `Dream : ) ~> a Wet One

I'll say.

Quick Reply: ~ ~ mOtorCycle-\O