Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you presently ride a motorcycle ?
Yes, I presently ride & will post about it
17.65%
No, I used to ride & still want to
29.41%
No, I've never rode or had a Motorcycle
11.76%
I want one & have rode other friends bikes
35.29%
I want one 4-Sure
17.65%
I'm afraid of them & don't like them
0%
I'm afraid of them, but still really want one (lol)
23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

- - Do you Ride a Motorcycle ? - -

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Her old bike was a honda elite 250 scooter and then she bought a suzuki burgman 400, dad has always had motorcycles too. But they both sold their bikes a few years ago. Dad had a kawasaki vulcan 800

Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

I keep reading where guys & girls alike are scared of motorcycle's. Well not all of them but a few. Look 1st you take the safety course. PASS IT. Then ride with friends. Always wear a helmet and either Sun or safety glasses , boots and gloves. WHY ? Ever hear of road RASH. Yeah it hurts! Why glasses ? Ever get hit by a bug or stone at 70 mph in the face ? Think about it!! also the hemet. Yeah it doesn't look cool right. Neither does your BRAIN sticking out of your head! Boots ? To support your ankles and also to protect them from the same. Gloves ? yup ya need'em. Ever fall off a skate board or jump trip ? Whats the 1st thing you do? yup. you put your hands out there to stop your fall. With leather gloves your gloves will slide not your skin! Don't ride on top of the guy in front of you. ride to your left so the drivers in front of you can see you in their mirror also when thier coming at you. Never ever pass on the right. unless he;s in the left turn lane. Also the more you ride the more you learn. Everytime you go out you will learn something. If you ride with others. You'll learn by watching them. Take it easy. Speed isn't everything. Its the RIDE that is what your after. Always ...Always watch for the other guy. He's got metal all around him. You have leather and plastic. He'll get a scratch...You'll get worst. Its the most fun you can have if you do it right. Its not the motorcyles fault. Its the NUT behind the wheel & behind the handle bars! I rode for over 32 yrs and over 300,000 miles on 8 bikes. So I do know a little of what I'm saying. Remember take the riders safety course 1st. You don't have to have a bike to take the course. They have them there. No their not big Harley's. Their a bike that anyone can sit on and ride it. Girls & guys. Don't worry about being cool. You can do that later. Have fun with it. NO ONE says you have to buy a brand new one. For your 1st one. I say by it used. As long as everything works on it. If your not sure about it. take a friend that knows something about Motorcycles with you. Hell you can buy one for around $ 500 buck for your 1st one. So if you drop it. And you will!! There's no harm. After a yr or two then buy yourself a new one. And always walk around your bike before you ride it. Check the tires and check for leaks. Its not a car! Check it..Nough said............TRY IT. YOU'LL LOVE IT...

Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM

1 Year Member

not funny space !

Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
not funny space !
Rick, but I was just responding to your "You got a problem with that"

I was just attempting to make funnies & found that pic in reply to your post statement Please 4-give`me 4 I know not what I `do sometimes, many times, (OK) all the time, but it did make me I did not mean to offend..."You got a problem with that ?"

Wish You a E.Z. fun/shift 2night ~>EnJoy & Thanks for sharing your experience with our memberhsip...Super great infor 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 10-23-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 PM

1 Year Member

Next time Space. Let me put some clothes on

Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Location: Garfield, New Jersey. But my Home will always be The Bronx
Red face

I had a 71 CB 350. It was my first bike, Also had a 2 VF 750s. An 82 and an 84. In 03 - 04, the off season, I took the 04 apart, cleaned it and painted all the paintable parts 3tone. Semi gloss Black, a Clear with a Blue hue to it and Clear. Depending on the light, it would look Purple, Midnight Blue or Black. I was so proud of myself. That Spring, o was riding to the bank I was cut off by a Honda Accord. I laid the bike down to avoid hitting the car an crushed my knee. OUCH! $1300 in damage on the bike, 2 compression fractures and a torn ACL and Maniscus on the knee.I rebuilt the bike, actually rode it 2 weeks after the accident first. Had to get back on the Horse. Rod it a couple more times after the knee healed then sold it. I've ridden quite a few times since then. But I've spent my $$$ on cars. Now I Own YelloJAC! Maybe one day I'll get a Volcan 850. Till then YelloJAC is my only Love with tires!
My name is JC.That's my story and I'm stricken to it!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 AM

i used to ride a $600 50cc moped from the time I was 14-16 if that counts!?

Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by MonteCarlSS
i used to ride a $600 50cc moped from the time I was 14-16 if that counts!?
`Jorge it counts if it had 2 wheels & a motor (LOL)
Did U ever crash it ? I would borrow a friends Moped & it was fun & got me to the beach...Good on fuel 2 It would get up to close to 45+ MPH...Thanks 4 your post

Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I always wanted a bike... but the old ball and chain requests that I don't.

So I'm stuck just enjoying 2 Camaros and a Monte Carlo... such a shame

Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I always wanted a bike... but the old ball and chain requests that I don't.

So I'm stuck just enjoying 2 Camaros and a Monte Carlo... such a shame
LoL `Mike, my g/f is against me getting one also, and I'm not stuck with a SuperCamaro or Monte like you
I wish I was, I wish I was ~>

Quick Reply: - - Do you Ride a Motorcycle ? - -