Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you own a Weapon (Guns etc)Multiple Choice Poll
Yes, I will post them
53.13%
No I don't & don't want to
12.50%
No, but I want 2 have one
15.63%
I'm against all weapons
0%
Freedom to bear arms is my `right
50.00%
I have a legal gun permit
34.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Do you own a weapon ?

Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And then this is what the people in Conn. are having to deal with. Fortunately there appear to be some decent police who want no part in a door to door confiscation, Smart Cops!! Then you have cops like the one below.

Conn. Cop: I Will Kick Down Doors To Confiscate Guns

“His words straight out were, ‘I cannot wait to get the order to kick your door in’”

Mikael Thalen
March 10, 2014

UPDATE: Since the release of this article, Branford Police have confirmed that Officer Peterson has been placed on paid leave while an internal investigation is carried out.

A Connecticut man revealed shocking comments made by a Branford police officer this week who has openly defended door-to-door gun confiscation.

After the tragic Sandy Hook shooting in 2012, Conn. lawmakers mandated that all “assault rifles” and “high capacity” magazines be banned, requiring all in circulation to be registered with the state. Fearing the obvious move towards confiscation, the vast majority of gun owners have refused to submit, with estimates finding less than 13 percent of rifles being registered.

Navy veteran and firefighter John Cinque, who made national news after telling state lawmakers he would not comply with gun registration, briefly commented on the officer’s statements in a discussion with gubernatorial candidate Joe Visconti last Friday.

“I’ve had contact with a police officer in my home town, I live in Branford, and his words straight out were, ‘I cannot wait to get the order to kick your door in,’” Cinque said.

In an exclusive interview with Storyleak, Cinque further detailed the disturbing comments made by Branford Police Officer Joseph Peterson, one of the state’s mostly highly decorated officers.

“It happened on facebook… he posted to a thread on my wall,” Cinque said. “I have known him personally for 20 years. He was interacting with other friends of mine and it was directly about the video.”

In multiple screenshots captured from the lengthy conversation, Peterson continually argued that law enforcement were not obligated to defy unconstitutional laws. Instead, Peterson stated that he would follow any order given, even if it meant confiscating firearms from close friends.

“But like I said I didn’t make the law,” Peterson told Cinque. “But if it comes down to that then I guess we see how you would respond…”

“I’m not going for any warrants… but if my dept gets them and we have to serve them I will see you then.”

As the conversation’s audience continued to grow, Peterson repeated his pledge, telling multiple people that he would never hesitate to carry out confiscation.

“So if they make a law confiscating guns… You will enforce it?” a Cameron Smith asks in a separate screenshot as Peterson reiterates his stance.

Angered by comments pointing out the state’s unconstitutional law, Peterson goes as far as to say that he would love to knock down Smith’s door personally.

“I give my left nut to bang down your door and come for your gun,” Peterson said. “Hey everyone Cameron is a criminal law breaking psycho.”

Receiving considerable backlash, Peterson quietly disabled his Facebook page following the conversation, although a screenshot was obtained beforehand.

Despite the inability of some officers to understand what a constitutional law entails, Cinque revealed that countless Conn. officers are opposed to the state’s ruling.

“As for the cops who will stand with the people… there are many,” Cinque said. “None have spoken publicly but in private i know many who do not like this one bit… they realize they are being used.”

“They are supporters of the Constitutional rights of the people, but they need to speak publicly soon.”

Officer Peterson’s mentality is eerily similar to that of Conn. State Police Spokesman Lt. Paul Vance, who recently told one woman that he was “the master” after being asked about gun confiscation.

Although police have begun sending out letters demanding residents comply with the law, Second Amendment activists are standing by their line in the sand. As the police leadership takes its time to analyze the situation, one gun group is now demanding the law be enforced or repealed.

“If the state does not have the stomach to enforce these laws, then the legislature has until May 7th, 2014 to completely repeal these immoral edicts and let the residents of Connecticut return to their rightfully owned property and former exercise of constitutional rights and practices without any threat of State violence,” a press release from Connecticut Carry reads.

Just last month, gun blogger Mike Vanderboegh was informed that multiple cops and politicians wanted him “dead” for sending a 16,000 word email to the Conn. State Police and the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. In the email, Vanderboegh warned that violence would surely unfold if officers attempted confiscation.

Despite denial by a few, the agenda of the country’s most powerful gun control groups has been thoroughly exposed. Only one month after the Sandy Hook shooting, rejected democrat proposals from New York’s SAFE Act gun bill were revealed to include outright gun confiscation. New York mayor Andrew Cuomo even publicly supported the idea, stating, ‘You could say confiscation is an option’ during an interview on station WGDJ.

Also last month, Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Mayor John C. Tkazyik announced his resignation from Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) group, pointing out the group’s hidden gun confiscation agenda.

“Under the guise of helping mayors facing a crime and drug epidemic, MAIG intended to promote confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens,” Tkazyik wrote. “Nearly 50 pro-Second Amendment mayors have left the organization. They left for the same reason I did.”

During a Moms Demand Action gun control rally last year, a group that recently merged with MAIG, Austin, Texas City Councilman Mike Martinez admitted that his group was pushing gun control in order to reach an outright ban as well.

Unfortunately for them, even with tens of millions of dollars, the popularity of such groups continues to plummet even faster than the country’s gun crime.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:11 AM

I bought a Smith & Wesson AR-15 with 2 30 round magazines for my 20th birthday. It was the best gift I've gotten for myself so far! I pretty much bought it just to buy it but I do want to buy a Glock in the near future for home protection.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome I have the same AR and love mine

Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 PM

I have a couple knives, one is a butterfly knife and the other is more of a switchblade. I also have brass knuckles and a samurai dagger. Used to have a gun, 9mm glock extended clip, but it was illegal, so i got rid of it. I'm also pretty good with my hands, have had a good amount of experience. Crime is terrible these days lol

Old 03-13-2014, 09:58 AM

I own several. AR-15's are a lot of fun. I've been on a Colt 1911 kick lately though. It's still difficult/expensive to buy ammo around here. A bunch of us at work go to a local shooting range occasionally, good times. Can't wait for the good weather to come so we can shoot outside.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:44 PM

10 Year Member

Ammo is cheap here

Old 03-13-2014, 04:00 PM

Yes I do have weapons. For both self defense (yes, have CCW and carry most always) and hunting. Several kinds of rifles from shotguns, 22 cal., muzzle loader, .223, 22 mag and an antique 1898 Krag/Jorgessen 30-40 cal. Pistols, are 9 mm, .38 cal, 22 LR, 22 MAG, Judge .45LC/410 Ga.

Was career Navy and shot with multiple platforms. I am a full 100% supporter of the 2nd Amendment (along with all the others).

Old 03-14-2014, 08:41 AM

10 Year Member

You do sound like us for that we say

Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And again the people have spoken, this time in NY...

March 17, 2014

Second Amendment supporters in Saratoga Springs, New York burned nearly one thousand gun registration forms this Sunday in protest to the NY SAFE Act.

NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

As the April 15 “assault weapons” registration deadline draws near, members of the NY2A Grassroots Coalition are encouraging non-compliance at educational forums across the state.

“Our goal is to keep the registration numbers as low as possible,” NY2A co-founder Lisa Donovan told Storyleak. “The message yesterday was focused on those options including the mods that can be made to avoid registration.”

In an act of defiance to the unconstitutional law, group members provided attendees with access to not only a barbeque grill, but to copies of the state’s registration form as well.

“We ended the event first with a raffle of a NY-legal AR and then we gave people registration cards to burn outside as they were leaving,” Donovan said.

Nearly everyone in attendance was seen torching the forms, an act of civil disobedience that is likely to be replicated across the state.

“I think for me it demonstrated our resolve to oppose unjust laws, and our passion to live free,” Rob Arrigo said.

The group also pointed to the law’s loosely written language, which many feel leaves the door open for even larger Second Amendment abuses.

“One of our major messages is that registration is confiscation,” Donovan said. “The way the law is written, you can not pass these guns down after you die.”

While gun control advocates attempt to deny plans for confiscation, rejected proposals from early drafts of the bill clearly included such provisions. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo even gave his public support for confiscation during a 2012 interview, stating that the option was on the table.

Despite the knee-jerk passage of the NY SAFE Act, the legislation is already being opposed by the vast majority of New York residents.

“The fact is, 84 percent of the counties of NY passed non-binding resolutions protesting the SAFE Act and the manner in which it was passed,” Donovan said.

Even with billions of dollars in support, the popularity of gun control is in an all out free fall as former advocates leave in droves.

Just last month, Poughkeepsie Mayor John C. Tkazyik announced his resignation from Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the state’s largest gun control lobby. According to Tkazyik and 50 other mayors, the group’s entire agenda was focused around the confiscation of law-abiding citizens’ guns.

Other states such as Connecticut are experiencing similar results, as millions of gun owners refuse to comply with registration demands as well.

While officials attempt to convince the public of the bill’s legitimacy, gun owners have become even more skeptical after a Conn. police officer told firefighters that he would love to kick down doors and confiscate guns. The officer was quickly suspended only hours after viral reports revealed his comments.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:47 AM

10 Year Member

People are just getting tired of our constitutional rights getting step on.