Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dead before they hit the showroom?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Default RE: Dead before they hit the showroom?

one other point im suprised that they willing pushed it back yt again after the transformers movie came out and they made bumbel bee the new camaro. it is now a well we are having to do this instead of it will be a good idea.
they markedted it as we could go right now and get one but we cant.
I would love to have had one but in the movie they could ahve verry easily made a old 67-69 come by and the fans of the camaro would have liked it just as much

Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Those MOPARS and Camaro's are already SOLD! Just like Corvette, and in a way ... like Harley-Davidson ... there is a "Market niche" that will buy-up all the ones they make. Gas prices wont have a dramatic effect on sales. The buyers know that they have to pay to play ... and will.

Just like "Boaters" ... when it 85-Degrees ... they're taking the boat out. Maybe they'll only water ski for two hours rather than all day ... but, the price of gas ain't about to spoil the fun.

Then, there's the ones who will buy-up one that somebody ordered and might not want BECAUSE of the fuel prices. They have money and love toys. 40-Grand and 5-Bucks a Gallon for 15-miles a gallon won't phase them in the least. Gimme one in Red. Gimme one for my girlfriend. Make mine special with all the good sheed in it! I want it Modded-out before I pick it up.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:53 PM

good points but i will take one in black witht he red SS stripes!!
or even the yellow with the black like the movie car.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm guessing a few will buy one with the intention of storing it as an investment, and never drive it.

I saw it a few months ago where someone was trying to sell a 2000 Monte Pace Car (street version -- not the actual track version) with something like 25 miles on it. And wanted a lot of money for it. Don't think it sold.

By the way Mickey... where did you herethat the Camaro ain't coming out till 2010?

To me this says that GM is hoping the economy and gas prices will turn around before they release the car for sales. If Chrysler is smart, they'll release the Challenger on schedule and beat Chevy to the punch. This would leave GM with the Corvette as their only "real" muscle car. To compete with the Mustang and the Challenger.

If your date of 2010 is correct, I think most of the people waiting for the Camaro will get fed-up and say screw-it.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM

it was on the cover of a mag. the other day ont he news stand. i dont remeber witch one it was for sure but think it was classic chevy or hot rod somethign like this.
Iw as ready to reconstruct the shelf over there one.
I am really waiting to see them come out I really wanted to look hard in to getting one but as it is righ tnow im ready to say screw it pay this oen off completely and go the harley dealer and say I WANT THIS ONE NOW!!! LOL and get what i want and knwo tha tit wont take me 5 years to get it

Old 03-27-2008, 05:33 PM

Iwouldnt mindif i had a huge gas guzzlin V8 gettin 10 mpg, if ths was 1995, with $1.20 a gal ! But seriously, with oil almost over $110 a barrel, and payin over $3.35 @ the pump, there is no way i could afford to drive that car on a normal basis. I really fear the prices hittin $4 and up! I saythe government shouldTAKEoil from iraq to help pay for the the cost of the war, and help bring our prices downa couple bucks! Seriously, everyone is already bitching that oil is the reason we went to war, we might as well take it already!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

the thing is they promissed us a camaro with the newest biggest baddest V-8 and RWD car on the planet . well ok not that bad but ya get the meannign and now they keep bumping it back further and furether FOR WHAT!!
Sh@%! or Get of fthe pot
In all actuallity they have only bumped the release date once and that was a long time ago. Since then they have been true to the early 09 release. I am actually waiting to 2010 to get mine and yes I will be buying one of the bada** V8's. The most resent spy shots in Floridaof them testing the preproduction model are incredible. This is one sweet ride.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:26 PM

I am still waitign for them to hit a show room near us. this will be when i can say it is here. i have ehard so many roumors over this thing it is hard to know for sure what is truth or not.
I was in GErmany when they were testing the new fire chicken and the camaro. we went to Nuriemburg. to see if we could see them adn take some photos but it didnt happen.

But hey it was a fun trip anyway

Old 03-30-2008, 10:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think the Crapstang burned up the retro looking car market... GM And Chrysler are too late for the punch again...

*sigh*