Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Can things get worse?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: Can things get worse?

Things are going fantastic! I'm exploring the opportunities and possibilities, and doing a lot of research and some writing. I'm thinking more and more of creating my own company, and the folks here got me thinking about opening a dealership. If I do that, I'm thinking GREEN as in a EV dealership that includes the Tesla Roadster. So I'm exploring that possibility.

Another thing I thinking about is a Electric Motor Boat, and I'm not talking troll motor, but the main engine, what the boys in bass boats call the big motor. If a 190-Hp Electric motor can push a 2,500 lb car at 150-MPH, I figure it can push a Bassor Ski boatclose to 70-MPH. Now the 900-lb Battery is going to be a major factor (placement & access). But I'm thinking under the passenger console, mid boat for balance, and still be easily accessible. Boats get 3-7-MPG with may be 150-180-Miles per tank. So I believe that could be matched easily enough, and at $0.05 a mile to operate vs $1.20 a mile for a Gas & Oil motor, I think people would love it. The motor can be sealed just like an electric troll motor, so water is not a factor. In fact, it would operate under water if the boat was flooded, where a Gas Motor would be dead and ruined.The possibilities of this are Incredible!

The last thing I'm thinking of doing is giving motivational seminars. Since I have been off, I have had guys call me and tell me how much they miss my teaching and motivational speeches. They have encouraged me to pursue this type of endeaver, as one said, "Anybody can talk, Rah, Rah... But you have the ability to hold everyone's attention in all four corners of a room, for at least an hour." I have to tell ya, that made me feel... real good!

And THANK YOU! by the way for asking. I am really GRATEFUL to all the people here, for their friendship, their encouragement, and their support! Ya'll are Incredible!

Old 02-16-2008, 10:09 AM

Hi `Craig
My Grandfather's advice to me was to find a
profession that I enjoyed, & that I could get paid for : )
You are blessed with many talents, & oppurtunities.
I wish you the best in the choice that you make.
Keep us updated `ok : )
Good Luck from
`Space & the BeachRiverBum's

Old 02-16-2008, 06:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Craig, I vote for option #3, to help pay for option #1, all to help with option #2