Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Can things get worse?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: Can things get worse?

Taz... In reality, about an hour.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Propitious

Taz... In reality, about an hour.
Member `Craig,
Yourwordsdid notfall on deaf ears...A very positive post.
It's always a good investment
of one's time, when you can help others. Thank you!
LIFE IS GOOD and I PLAN TO ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!!
The `journey `Ends, never know when ?
EnJoy your `Journey, what `if ?
`Space

Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Yes, very nice post Craig. I need to print that and stick it all over the house.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

But you always focus on the END RESULTS. Not, Heal Me, or Free Me of, RATHER, Thank you for my healthy body, Thank you for my prosperity, Thank you for my new church. Whatever it is you want, you want the END RESULTS and no mention of a problem. A woman was giving the news she had a brain tumor the size of a golf ball and she had maybe three months to live. She rejected this news and immediately thanked God for her healthy body, and focused on how good she felt. She went back to her doctor the next year for her yearly physical and the doctor was shocked when he saw her. He asked if he could x-ray her head and she agreed. The x-ray showed a perfectly normal brain and her physical showed she was in perfect health. The doctor asked what she did, and she told him, she focused on having a healthy body and staying positive in all aspects of her life, and finally, ignored all the negative sights (the news, newspapers, actions movies) and watched nothing but comedies. Things that made her laugh and feel GOOD!!! 0

My pastors a husband & wife team were in a serious auto accident with another husband and wife from our Church several years ago. Our female pastor had to go through several surgeries. Her doctortold her many times she would probably never walk again. If she did, it would be with a limp. This woman has told us time & again how she refused to accept this information from her doctor. Sometimes when she would let the words get to her she would set quitely and start making a list in her mind of all the good things she had in her life. She refused to accept the bad things cause she knew Satan had a hand in them. Including this accident.

This woman walks just fine. And without any mechanical aide like a walker.

But she refused to accept what life was trying to hand her.

It's also how Ifeel about the diagnosis my doctor has given me about the damage to my neck.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's amazing what your mind can do and over come....

I think most of pain is in the mind. I know I was at our churches wood cutting site (actually just some guys yard), cutting wood for our Firewood Ministry awhile back (which splits wod for people around here with woodheaters who are unable to get out and chop wood, usually older people). I pinched my finger between two pieces of wood... I shook my hand and thought to myself "wow, I probably shoudln't do that" (wow replacing an explective). Within seconds, the pain was gone. When we wnet on brake and I took my gloves off, My finger was a mess. It hurt for a week after that. But it never hurt until I saw blood.

I believe the story. I think if you can somehow push all the negative out of your mind and think positive, you can cure more pain than Tylenol ever dreamed of.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I made this thread BECAUSE I knew I would get some VERY positive feedback from my MCF family, and that's what I REALLY needed. Craig, WOW! THAT was THE post I was looking for!. God IS good! Sometimes it's hard to remember HOW good are when things don't go the way YOU think they should, and it IS easy to start thinking about the things that have gone wrong, ESPECIALLY while you are grieving the loss of a child, and THAT is EXTREMELY difficult to get over.
God IS good! I'm thankful that I KNOW that I will see my chidren again and it will be for ETERNITY. I AM thankful for that. THANK YOU JESUS!
I ALSO usually only watch comedies and NEVER listen to the news. My FAVORITE radio station is Sirius 66 "Spirit", Christian contemporary music. I am thankful for having that to listen to not only while driving, but also at work!
Money has NEVER meant much to me, but I've always had just enough to get by. I may spend a lot, but I'm generous, also. AND I tithe. Those diamond earings for my wife? Well, I gave those to her for Christmas 7 years ago. That same evening, at Mom and Dads, I gave her a diamond ring and proposed. Tomarrow, Valentines day is our 7th wedding anniversary. 12 years together. We are going to a Casting Crowns concert in G.R. I KNOW how good it makes ME feel to make HER happy.
As for current affairs, we packed up the 3 dogs and went on a road trip to West Branch to see Mom this morning. We left at 4:15 am. Mom was to have hip replacement surgery at 9:30, and I wanted to get there before she went in. We rounded a curve on I-94 by Galesburg, and a jacknifed semi lay in the road in front of us. Black ice. I hit the brakes, with a semi on MY butt. Went dangerously squirly, but drove thru the mess. THANK YOU LORD! We get there at 8:35, and she went into pre-op at 6:15, surgery at 7:15. Dad wasn't even ther yet! BUT she was out of surgery by 8:45! SMOOTH AS SILK! Not bad for a 89 year old diabetic woman. THANK YOU LORD!
My sister got her pipes thawed, $70, no broken pipes! THANK YOU LORD!
My car, well I rented a GP from Enterprise till my car gets done 1st of next week. No Problems, THANK YOU LORD!
My job, I had a tune on a gas pedal mold I just built waiting for me when I went in Tuesday, and there are 6 new tools on the board, 2 brake reservoirs, a clip mold, and 2 Whirlpool jobs. So my job looks secure. Maybe not 55 hrs a week, but honestly, who needs to work 55 hrs a week, with 2 hrs a day on the road? THANK YOU LORD!
God IS good. I'm thankful for the church family he has given us, and the new facilities we have at the church. Collegiate size gym, kitchen, and lots more. THANK YOU LORD!
Mom is doing good, Dad is OK, Sis is fine (basically), LadyT is feeling better today, and my job is secure. Still broke, but who cares! Bills are paid! THANK YOU LORD!
Thanks to ALL of you for the supporting words. We ARE a family here, at least the core of us. Thank you all! Thanks Craig for reminding me of WHAT IS important.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 PM

God IS Good.
He answers ALL our prayers.
Sometimes the answer is "No"

Old 02-13-2008, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

God IS Good.
He answers ALL our prayers.
Sometimes the answer is "No"
Which is a good thing too. I really relate to "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

That's great news Wayne. Glad to see things turning around for ya.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

We had a GOOD day Valentines day, our 7th anniversary. We went to the Casting Crowns concert in G.R.
Been to lots of concerts, but NEVER been to anything QUITE like that. We NEEDED that, it was inspiring. We did something I never figured we'd do.
They push hard for an orginization called World Vision, establishing water wells and schools in hard pressed areas in the world. They ultimately ask you to sponser children around the world. We DID! TWO of them! I am sponsering an eight year old girl named Marzia in Bangladesh, born on Nov 4th, my late daughters birthday, and LadyT is sponsering a three year old girl named Nayely from Peru, born on April 1, my late sons birthday. It feels good, and felt REAL right, after all, we ARE blessed, we both make good money, and it IS Gods money.
Cars are not what's REAL important in life. More of a hobby than anything.
BTW, work is picking up, as hours went up to 40-45 starting Monday. This is GOOD! I got an 8-cavity mold to build now for Whirlpool.
Craig, how's your career change going?

Quick Reply: Can things get worse?