Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Default Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....

now my company has a dress code.

My company's new dress code is aimed at making my white coworkers and I look more attractive to the black crowd in Portland. To put that in language my white friends would understand: “This isn't Kansas anymore Toto.” It is all about the money that my company's owner brings in from the mostly black folks that patronize my store. These people pay top dollar for our products, so now we are told we must dress to their lofty expectations.

Supporters of this new dress code are borrowing from the old uniforms in schools debate. The hypothesis is that if everyone dresses properly and in uniform, we will get more respect; we will all be on equal footing, and we will give the company a good image. All this because the owner of my company is black and so are the majority of our high rolling customers.

So, whether black men can or can't run a business doesn't matter. As long as they own the business, they just expect us white boys to do all the work. In fact, when they say jump, they expect their employees to ask, how high?

Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Default RE: Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....

what is the dress code?