Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`Space Blog : )

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: `Space Blog : )

[align=center]HI `Duane - Cowboy, & Member's[/align][align=center]
Therearen't many panthers left in Florida,[X(]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've only seen a few in my lifetime.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love allanimal's, but love swimming/playing with the dolphins and[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]manatee's : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Does your Grandfather still live in Titusville, Fl ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My g/p has a sub-office up there.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Just outside of T-Ville is a a pristine Beach, it's like I pictured our World in the beginning of `life. There are no homes, buildings in view, it's a gorgeous wildlife sanctuary complete with beaches and forest, and nearly zero development.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Playalinda Beach is a beach located on Florida's east coast in Canaveral National Seashore. When translated from Spanish, Playa linda is "pretty beach". The beach is open to the public daily between 6:00 am to 6:00 pm in the winter and 6:00 am to 8:00 pm in the summer. Access to the beach may be closed periodically in preparation for Space Shuttle or other rocket launches[/align][/align]

[/align][align=center]
[font="times new roman"][size=4]On the way in you can View of NASA's Space Shuttle launch pad
in Floridaon the way to the Beach.
The Beachis part of a National Wildlife Refuge. You will pay $5 per car to enter from the city of Titusville on beach road and drive some10 miles through wild untamed forest, scrub bogs, swamp, alligator infested lakes, streams, muddy banks, bogs, hiking areas, and past NASA's vehicle assembly building and shuttle launch facilities.There are NO water facilities, stores, restaurants, hotels and very few outhouse toilet facilities. It's a long way in, but it's a fun ride in a Monte Carlo : )
or a Corvette : )
Depending on the season you will find: sea turtles in the water and nesting onshore, dolphins, large fish hitting schools of bait fish offshore, seagulls, rare white pelicans, crabs, jellyfish, stingrays, horseshoe crabs, vultures, American bald eagles, hawks, wild pigs, manatees, and shorebirds & many more wildlife animinals.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:19 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

no 'Space... my grandfather lives in central Florida... over in Lakeland

Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Sebastian Inlet State Park [:-]
The premier saltwater fishing spot on Florida's east coast, this park is a favorite for anglers nationwide for catching snook, redfish, bluefish, and Spanish mackerel from its jetties. Surfing is also a popular recreation and several major competitions are held here every year. Two museums provide a history of the area. The McLarty Treasure Museum features the history of the 1715 Spanish treasure fleet; the Sebastian Fishing Museum tells the history of the area's fishing industry. Three miles of beautiful beaches provide opportunities for swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, shelling, and sunbathing. Canoeing and kayaking in the Indian River Lagoon are also favorite pastimes. Visitors can relax with a stroll down the mile-long Hammock Trail. Waterfront pavilions and picnic areas are great for family outings. Full-facility campsites and a boat ramp are available. Located on State Road A1A 15 miles south of Melbourne [/align]

Old 05-14-2008, 06:31 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

no 'Space... my grandfather lives in central Florida... over in Lakeland
[/align][align=center]Hi `Duane - Cowboy-,[/align][align=center]I've never been to Lakeland, but I seldom ever get out[/align][align=center]of Indian River County.[/align][align=center]Do you still come down to see your grandfather ?[/align][align=center]When I finish school, I hope to take many road trips.[/align][align=center]I would love to see member's post pictures/information of[/align][align=center]the area of the country that they live, like you have[/align][align=center]around Oxford. I take many web trips all over planet earth : )[/align][align=center]I just located where Lakeland is in Florida [:-][/align][align=center]
Looks like a nice place to drive a Chevy Monte Carlo [/align]
Lakeland skyline, with Lake Mirror in the foreground
[:-]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakeland,_Florida
[/align][/align]