New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey y'all

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Welcome to the forum... I was looking for an Impala SS when I found my Monte... It was fait, I love this machine and with a few mods, it can give you a real thrill... Mine has 190,000km (126,000 miles) on it with original suspension, it is still solid but the time for replacement is comig soon... I've also made a few mods and have improved my driving experience with each one... Mine is also a DD... Good luck, these cars are rock solid if you maintain them properly...:D
thanks! yeah ive noticed the only thing that isnt wrong with this car is the motor and tranny.

Originally Posted by augi
If the ss did indeed have bigger brakes, then yes iit will fit because they run 16" wheels as well. A big brake kit woud need an upgrade in wheel size to be 17 I think.

As for the suspension. It will be rather soft stock compared to your friend's amg because the monte carlo isn't a sports car (contrary to popular belief) its a mid- size luxury car. That being said, if it feels bouncy, sounds to me like time to upgrade. If you can't do the sport suspension, go with the stock ss suspension. Its much firmer than the ls and handles like a dream.

And again, welcome to the forum.
well yeah, comparing the stock ride quality of an amg and a base model monte carlo is not even apples and oranges, its apples and basketballs.

i dont consider the carlo to be a sports car, personally. its too slow and heavy. i dont consider it a luxury car either, just a regular mid-size car.

I just want to know why the car bounces on a flat surface with no bumps at 2-2.5k rpm at low speeds.

also i was reading that the kyb agx struts are the way to go. which lowering springs should be used? can you use the dprings that raise the rear vehicle with the lowering springs?

thanks for the welcome, again! :P