New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey y'all

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 AM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Welcome to the forums. My Monte is always happy to turn on in the morning and im sure we can help get yours as happy as ours.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 AM

Hi and welcome.

I agree with mike (chibiblacksheep) on all the fixes. You can at least modify the intake and exhaust while driving it daily. Idk if the 3400/3100 has the" U" bend that the 3800 does, but removing that has yielded a pretty big power gain comparatively speaking. I would agree the 3800 supercharged engine is the way to go, but some members prefer the 60* v6.
also, another site to check out regarding your engine is 60degreev6.com they specialize in that said engine.

As for the vibration between 50-70, it sounds to me like the wheels need balancing. Yeah, worn suspension can be a factor in it feeling like a boat. Mine has 227,xxx miles on it and the suspension has 50,000 miles and it feels extremely solid. Even firmer ride than most imports around here.

Good luck my friend, you came to the right place for help on the monte

Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 AM

Sorry for double post, also the ls came with smaller brakes iirc, so they will warp a bit easier. Mostly just if you're hard on them, do you have drums or discs in the rear?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Heyy! Welcome to the forum!
thanks!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Welcome to the forum.
thank you

Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by thejon
Welcome to the forums. My Monte is always happy to turn on in the morning and im sure we can help get yours as happy as ours.
its only been happening on the mornings that it is at or below 32 degrees. still cranks fine, its just like the car is like me in the morning.. just 5 more minutes..

Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by augi
Hi and welcome.

I agree with mike (chibiblacksheep) on all the fixes. You can at least modify the intake and exhaust while driving it daily. Idk if the 3400/3100 has the" U" bend that the 3800 does, but removing that has yielded a pretty big power gain comparatively speaking. I would agree the 3800 supercharged engine is the way to go, but some members prefer the 60* v6.
also, another site to check out regarding your engine is 60degreev6.com they specialize in that said engine.

As for the vibration between 50-70, it sounds to me like the wheels need balancing. Yeah, worn suspension can be a factor in it feeling like a boat. Mine has 227,xxx miles on it and the suspension has 50,000 miles and it feels extremely solid. Even firmer ride than most imports around here.

Good luck my friend, you came to the right place for help on the monte
yeah ive decided that for now im going to do a top swap to the the 3500 stuff.

will the stock 16 inch rims allow for the big brake kit?

as far as suspension goes, it is way too soft, when i hit a dip in the road, i bounce out of it. also its kinda weird, when im going 26-34 mph at about 1.5-2k rpm, it feels like im bouncing really quickly.

also, who designed the engine bay so that the washer fluid reservoir opening was right on top of the battery and some electrical connecter??

Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by augi
Sorry for double post, also the ls came with smaller brakes iirc, so they will warp a bit easier. Mostly just if you're hard on them, do you have drums or discs in the rear?
rear discs. the actual stopping area on them look like theyre only 2-3 inches wide. makes sense though, you want your stopping power on the drive wheels for the most part.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum... I was looking for an Impala SS when I found my Monte... It was fait, I love this machine and with a few mods, it can give you a real thrill... Mine has 190,000km (126,000 miles) on it with original suspension, it is still solid but the time for replacement is comig soon... I've also made a few mods and have improved my driving experience with each one... Mine is also a DD... Good luck, these cars are rock solid if you maintain them properly...

Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 AM

If the ss did indeed have bigger brakes, then yes iit will fit because they run 16" wheels as well. A big brake kit woud need an upgrade in wheel size to be 17 I think.

As for the suspension. It will be rather soft stock compared to your friend's amg because the monte carlo isn't a sports car (contrary to popular belief) its a mid- size luxury car. That being said, if it feels bouncy, sounds to me like time to upgrade. If you can't do the sport suspension, go with the stock ss suspension. Its much firmer than the ls and handles like a dream.

And again, welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Hey y'all