New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey hey!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Talking Hey hey!

Hey everyone!

Came across this forum shortly after purchasing my first Monte Carlo back in September (nice upgrade from my 02 Malibu). Looked around, found a lot of great info and figured it was about time I introduce myself to everyone here.

Names Josh and I'm from the Twin Cities area in Minnesota. I've always had an interest in cars but until now I hadn't owned a vehicle that was worth doing much performance-wise to it. I purchased a non supercharged black 03 Monte SS from my uncle who was the original purchaser of it. Ran synthetic since day 1, always brought in for professional maintenance by a family friend and was mainly driven on the freeway. Bought it with just under 104k miles and has some rust along the drivers door and a bit more on the wheel wells (what can ya expect with a MN car tho).

Interior is beautiful, no damage to the leather, no stains on the carpet, minimal people had sat in the back prior to me owning it. Pretty much the only thing not fully functioning inside is the lights behind the temperature adjusters for heat/AC don't work. I think I am able to make do without those though haha.

I have a good idea of the upgrades I'd like to get for the Monte and got the ball rolling last week with purchasing the bigger things. (ironically I got rear ended in my Malibu as I was waiting to take a left back into the bank to finish the loan paperwork after having to leave and grab the vin # off the Monte partway through.) Blessing in disguise.

I got the wizaired CAI system with a K&N filter (quite the difference in sound just from this. Im very pleased with it)
ZZP off road down pipe with the o2 emulator
Borla exhaust from there on back.

Just got the cat back system yesterday and sadly will be stuck looking at it in its box for at least a week before I can get it done. Looked around at exhaust stuff for people's input and got the picture that Borla had the deeper and less raspy sound to it. It is all personal preference but it really seemed like if it wasn't going to break the bank that Borla is the way to go.

Going to be awhile after this before I can probably practically afford upgrades from here but I was thinking swapping out the from manifold with a powerlog would be a good choice after the other exhaust upgrades.

Either way I am glad to be a part of this forums and it has already been an amazing resource for information. I'm looking forward to diving into this more and getting to know you guys & my car a bit better.

Josh

Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

to the forum!!!

Sounds like you have a good start!

Staring at a mod for a week or so isn't bad... I'm staring at a large modification for about 8 months that I have yet to do

Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome

Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM

Welcome to the Forum!!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM

welcome to the forum!

Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 PM

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum ..

Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Welcome to the site, post some pics when you can.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM

welcome to the forum

Quick Reply: Hey hey!