NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Homestead/Championship

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well if you ever play in fantasy leagues, you get the points for the drivers that you pick. The way it works on NASCAR.com is you get so much money and each driver has a certain value... and you pick all the drivers you can for that amount. Making a one point for each win would make this a winner take all system rather tahn who can pick the best drivers on a consistent basis.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 PM

5 Year Member

Denny Hamlin proved that sometimes, qualifying can be important, and sometimes 3 wide isn't hte best idea ever. He could have won the championship with a good qualifying effort.

And now that Jimmie has 5 in a row, why not just go on and get 8 in a row and set the championship record? Maybe he'll get tired of winning and retire then. I think sometimes he just has a bad race to give us all a false sense of hope.

And what is Montoya's deal with this track? He just loves to stir up crap knowing no one can get him next week. He strirred up stuff with Stewart here last year!!! This year he is into it with Joey Logano and ruined one of my picks!!!! DOWN BOY, DOWN!! HEEL!!

And Kevin Harvick definitely didn't have 50' of race track under Kyle Busch to do a cross over move. He did that **** hoping he could get a good shot at Jimmie Johnson with a caution. I think Kevin Harvick needs a crying towel. He's a POS. He's been in fights with nearly everyone involved in NASCAR and was even suspended at Martinsville one year for his whiny antics and on track aggression.

And how about the Furd team!!! Two PEtty cars in the Top 5, a Roush Ford winning the last two, and 5 Ford's in the top 10 in their own race!!! Maybe us evil Ford guys can have somehting to cheer about next year. Of course, they were going so strong at the ned of '08, Kenseth won the first two of '09, and fell apart after that.

I think Jimmie really got into Denny's head too. I think that's actually what won this thing. It was a mental game between Jimmie and Denny. Denny has a tendency to fall apart mentally when things start going badly. He's done it before... and he's had such good cars here lately, what happened at Homestead?

Sometime in the next couple of days I'll post some reflections on the whole year.... and look forward to 2011!!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ouch, Duane that hurts about what you have to say about Harvick! I'm not offended btw, everyone can say what they want about him. No big deal, I haven't been following Nascar that much the last few years. as always great posts from you about Nascar

Old 11-22-2010, 12:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Those were some harsh words Duane! Not that I disagree with any of it!

Cowboy touched on it, but lets directly mention the awesome effort and results of Aric Almirola in the Bud car (4th)! With Kasey Kahne performing well he still proved Kahne left the better team behind. Aric has yet to be given a fair shake at this yet, but he's good - damn good!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:20 AM

..LOL, `Duane just tells it likes he sees `it...I may not always agree with everything he posts, but I respect his views/knowledge & contributions...

I really enjoy reading every one's picks, and then reading their comments on each race...It's been a fun thread this year, but I agree that it could be so much better... I hope that `Duane's idea is pursued & put into action for the beginning of next years Nascar season.

Thanks `Brent, Chris, Duane, Member's for all your contributions...
I always enjoy reading what falls outa your mind onto the screens b-4 `us

Until next season ~> Peace/Love/Health/Happiness and many wins..

Old 11-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Smile Wooooo hooooo!!!!!

Just got back from miami and all I can say: 5 TIME 5 TIME 5 TIME CUP CHAMPION. 3 more to go baby.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:13 PM

5 Year Member

How was it in person? Do you have any pictures for us! Glad you had a great time!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Races are always a great time. Sorry didn't get any pictures this time.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How the hell did the tv cameras completely miss this ?(from Jayski.com):

Originally Posted by Jayski.com
An angry #20-Joey Logano retaliated against #42-Juan Pablo Montoya Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway, intentionally wrecking him under caution with 64 laps left in the Ford 400. Montoya and Logano made contact on lap 140, sending Logano slamming into the wall and damaging the front end of his car. It took 40 laps to repair his car in the garage. About 25 laps after his return to the track, Logano wrecked Montoya under caution. After the accident, Logano stayed in his car until Montoya's team was able get Montoya back onto the track. Montoya had a civil conversation with Logano crew chief Greg Zipadelli after falling out of the race. Logano said prior to the retaliation that he was tired of the way Montoya had been racing him. "I gave him plenty of room," the Joe Gibbs Racing driver said. "I just felt like I got hooked. That's two times with him this year so we've got to figure that out. I don't know what the deal is." JGR President J.D. Gibbs said a feud between the two drivers had been simmering. Logano wrecked Montoya under caution to keep the incident from impact other drivers and teams. "That one has been around for a while," Gibbs said. "That was just frustration on his part."(SceneDaily)(11-22-2010)
here's the actual link:
http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20101122h

So Logano did get his revenge! I had recorded the race and went back and reviewed it and television made absolutely no mention of the event, which would have been a great race highlight. Of course, we saw Peblo wreck Logano but we heard nothing after that. Peblo really had it coming!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:49 AM

Yes `Brent I think they missed `it 4-Sure...
I checked lap by lap and below is what I found
Lap 140 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 5: Joey Logano gets turned by Juan Montoya and sustains plenty of damage. The No. 20 is headed to the garage.
And then I found the below:
CUP: Angry Logano Retaliates Against Montoya At Homestead
Joey Logano intentionally wrecked Juan Pablo Montoya under caution in Sunday's season finale...
Posted November 22, 2010 Homestead, FL

Just wait until next season 4-Sure.....
http://www.gojoeylogano.com/

Click above for pictures + More about Joey @ Homestead : )~*

Last edited by Space; 11-23-2010 at 05:13 AM.