NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

2013 MCF Fantasy Members Review

Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2013 MCF Fantasy Members Review

I've got two threads going... but decided that while I'm riding my little high of the season being over, and before things get busy, I would do this.... hope I'm not piling too much on at once!

This is a review of most members of this forum, in order, by championship finish.

1) Cowboy6622
Wins: 2
Top 5's: 14
Best Segment Finish: 1st and 2nd

I had a great year.... and I'll sub it all up in this video. I throw out some thanks to some of you in this video... hope you'll watch... you can see my car displays and Christmas decorations.

2) MnteCrloSS47
Wins: 6
Top 5's: 12
Best Segment Finish: 4th (twice)

Devin made a great run to finish 2nd this year. Devin led the series in wins with 6, but inconsistency kept him from the title. It was a great season, and a fine season to hang his hat on!

3) BlazedSS
Wins: 1
Top 5's: 13
Best Segment Finish: 3rd and 2nd

Blazed was a consistent member with 13 top 5 finishes all season. He scored a victory and was usually a contender in the points, segment, and with races. That kind of consistency is what it takes to win titles!

4) STUMPMI
Top 5's: 10
Best Segment Finish: 1st

Dave won segment 2 at the 11th hour in Daytona and took it from me, and I haven't forgotten! Dave also rallied to 10 top 5 finishes throughout the season and two victories mean it was a successful first full year for the guy who joined 4 races late last year.

5) monte carlo 3831
Top 5's: 13
Best Segment Finish: 3rd and 2nd

Chris was consistent all year and his stats show it! Chris won two races, and scored 13 top 5's, and 2nd and 3rd in two segments shows strong consistency. Chris is usually a contender for these things and managed to prove once again why he is a threat for a title every year. Double digit top 5's and impressive showings in two segments is nothing to be ashamed of!

6) butch049
Wins: Non Points win and a points paying win
Top 5's: 16
Best Segment Finish: 1st (4th segment)

Butch was a tough contender all year, and I scratch my head at how he even finished as low as 6th now! He scored more top 5's than anyone else, and was impressive scoring over 1000 points in the last segment. He got one win, which can be a major challenge (I've only scored 4 in 3 years!) but showed some championship caliber consistency all year.

7) Ricks 2006 SS
Best Segment Finish: 3rd

Rick wins big races, showing again his luck and skill at winning a race at Talladega, plus a commendable number of top 5's and a good segment run as well. I believe this was Rick's first full time season, and he may have missed a race as well.

8) 77GP
Wins: 3
Best Segment Finish: 5th

Jerry Smith started out the year terribly. However, starting in the summer, he picked up speed. Jerry went on to win 3 races this year, and score 12 top 5's, most in the 2nd and 3rd segments. The consistency was enough to drive him up to 4th in the overall points for a time and be in contention for the Segment 3 win. However, it was not meant to be, as inconsistency plauged him towards the end of the year.

9) Leprechaun93
Wins: 5
Top 5's: 11
Best Segment Finish: 2nd

Keane was in contention for the title for a long time. In the summer, Keane and I swapped the lead back and forth a few times. Keane missed a race late in the year, and seemed ot have bad luck and never gain momentum back after that. Keane had a great segment. Maintaining good finishes in every race will certianly have him as a contender for the title next year. His position this year just doesn't match the way he performed most of the season.

10) SSmeansSuperSexy
Top 5's: 15
Best Segment Finish: 1st

Evan won a segment, a pair of races, and scored the 2nd most number of top 5's in the league. This is another member whose overall position doesn't reflect their performance. I believe this member must have missed some races to end up in this position.

11) 02 Earnhardt
Wins: 1 (plus a non points win)
Top 5's: 7
Best Segment Finish: 4th

02 Earnhardt got a solid win for the year and a few top 5's to be in conention, and showed up strong in a segment as well. His top 5's came in runs, and had he strung together enough, he may have had a great run for a top 5 this year. However, inconsistency plagued him throughout the season.

12) SupplySgt
Best Segment Finish: 3rd

Drew made a great season, missing a race that set him outside the top 10 in points. He finished in the top 5 1/3rd of the time and had a couple of wins, getting one late in teh season as well. He was great in a segment and really should have finished higher. But Uncle Sam called upon his services, and we all must thank him for that!

13) carlm54stl
Wins: 1 (plus a non points win in Daytona)

The 2012 runner up and the man who led the points for the longest period of time in MCF History backed up his run with a win and a respectable number of top 5's. However, it was feast and famine all year. Carl picked great drivers all season, but finished an unfortunately appropriate 13th for the season. However, his Cardinals made it to the World Series, and his driver won the real championship for a 6th time! Things aren't so bad in St Louis!

14) zjerry
Top 5's: 5

Jerry got a win and a top 5 in 1 out of 6 races for the year. Bad luck and inconsistency plauged him throughout the season and I believe he may have missed a race.

15) RocknSS04
Top 5's: 4
Best Segment Finish: 5th

Wayne dropped out mid season but had a win, some top 5's, and a good segment to his name.

17) KCFitz78
Top 5's: 4

KC joined us late in the season and posted some top 5's, and climbed his way to 17th in the final rundown! We will have to see how his seemingly favorite driver Newman does with Childress

18) silvefish33
Top 5's: 7

Hunter had some consistency and some wins in the first part of the year, but never kept it together for a segment or overall. Hunter may have done well had he stuck with us all year!

Old 11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
5 Year Member

Thank's Duane,
For all you do it's fun to pick drivers each week..
just wish I picked better drivers LOL

Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Awesome Duane ! Congrats and I look forward to next year

Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pretty cool recap Duane, thanks, although I said I was a 'No' this year it was good and I really did enjoy it......

Old 11-19-2013, 05:14 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I'm surprised no one comments on my unhealthy obsession with automobiles! I mean, look at my bedroom in my video... I need help!

Old 11-19-2013, 05:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
5 Year Member

Awesome Duane thanks for doing this!
Pretty happy with this season, it being my first full season.
Congrats on the champ was a lot of fun trying to catch ya

Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 View Post
I'm surprised no one comments on my unhealthy obsession with automobiles! I mean, look at my bedroom in my video... I need help!
I was going to say something But hey what happens in your bedroom should stay in your bedroom

Old 11-20-2013, 01:34 PM

Very Nice! Thanks for doing all this Duane!

Old 11-26-2013, 04:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Nice run down Duane, I rarely watch your videos-not by choice-I broke the cord off in my laptop and it thinks I have headphones in all the time so no sound for me. If I need sound, I get Hunter so I will later on and watch. Thanks for a fun season and I will be eager to win this next year.