NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

MCF Fantasy League Vote

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MCF Fantasy League Vote

I want to put up a public vote for how we will do the points system for a potential MCF Fantasy League. Post which way on each question that you think it should go, and I'll provide a summary of the arguments for and against here.

Suggestions were made in the other post, and I want to put everything up to a vote. For more details: see this thread: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24553

Here are the basic ideas:

How many picks should you be allowed to make? A suggestion was made to have one pick for each race. However, the system that 'Space has had in place for the picks was a top 3, and I don't want to change up the system too much, I just kind of want to add points to it. One pick is a lot more risky. You can gain more points on the others involved, but if your pick runs into some "racing luck," then so did you.

Bonus Points: I want to provide a system for giving bonus points with the system that 'Space and Brent have used in the past year. How many points should be given, and for what should they be given? I am thinking of 10 points each for calling the top 10 manufacturer breakdown, the number of cautions, and the last place driver. Warning: Brent will probably clean house with the last place pick.

Brent has suggested bonus points for calling 3 picks in order. Is this too complicated? I'm willing to give them. This would provide an opportunity for 40 bonus points each week.

Also, I have suggested dividing the season up into four, nine weeks segments so that we can have more champions and people can involved mid year nad still have some fun and run for a championship. I'm also considering dividing the last 18 races into 8 and 10 races so that we reset when the real NASCAR resets.

Vote and tell me what you like guys. I want a system in place come Daytona and we're going to have a lot of fun!

Also, I'd like to ask 'Space if he would make a "Hall of Fame" for the champions of the series. We can make a little mock trophy and award it to each member... allowing them to submit a "champion picture" and have a running tally of who has won the championships!