NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

2011 Fantasy Member Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2011 Fantasy Member Review

I promised this a few weeks ago... so here are some stats for you guys!!!

This thread was compiled by myself, after looking over my old sheets and reviewing every thread that we have made since the Daytona 500. I had a lot of fun going over the old threads and reminiscing about all of those races... it just made me all the more excited about 2012!!! If you have the time, you ought to just "spot check" a few races and go over the threads and the points at that point in time. It's crazy how this thing tossed and turned over the year.

I tried to praise and critique each members strengths and weaknesses. If you ahve any disputes, file them, and I may just edit each piece. I tried to be as fair as possible. With that said, here are my reviews of all the major contenders seasons. At this time, I feel that I did a fair job anyways of pulling together the highs and lows of each members season.

Cowboy6622: Wins: 1 (plus 2 non points wins) Segment Wins: 1 Championship Rank: 1 Weeks Leading the Points: 16 (Talladega -Richmond (2 races), April, Michigan-Homestead)

Cowboy won 1 of everything, a race, a segment, and a championship. One win is the fewest of all the members who participated all year. His opening races were weak, however. After 2 races, he was 9th out of 10 members who ran both races. He would pick up the pace quickly, however. The title was won on strong, consistent finishes each week. Cowboy would finish 2nd 9 times, more than any other member, yet only pull of a win one time, at Bristol in March, and even then, only beating Lougreen by 1 point. After a weak opening pair of races, Cowboy was strong, leading the points for 2 races early in the year, yet faded to 5th by the mid point of the year at Daytona. He rallied back, however, taking the lead after Michigan in August, and never looking back. He averaged 97.8 points per race, and that was enough to give him the inaugural 2011 title.

77GP: Wins: 4 Segment Wins: - Championship Rank: 2 Weeks Leading the Points: 2 (Daytona July- Pocono)

When Jerry said he was coming for you, he backed it up. Jerry was the only member to get a max points day all year, taking 133 points with a 1-2-3 finish at Martinsville in the spring. Jerry remained consistent throughout the whole year, yet strangely only led the overall points for two weeks during the summer. He was close in nearly every segment, yet overall, he was consistent enough to have a strong chance at the title at the end of 2011. Jerry also was great for picking each race, putting together 4 victories in 2011.

Montecarlo3831: Wins: 3 Segment Wins: 1 Championship Rank: 3 Weeks Leading the Points: 3 (Indianapolis-Pocono)

Chris was a strong, consistent runner all year who led the points briefly during the summer. Chris pulled off three wins and a segment, displaying a strong balance between winning races and getting consistent finishes. Chris was a title contender right until the end, and was within striking distance going into Homestead. It is hard to point to a time when Chris was the strongest, which means he could very well be a strong contender in 2012 for he has shown eh can remain consistent for an entire year!

ZJerry: Wins: 5 Segment Wins: 1 Championship Rank: 4
zJerry was plagued with inconsistency in the beginning of the season, running 8th in the overall points for quite some time at the beginning of the season. But zJerry pulled it all together when the summer heat came on. He won his first race at Pocono, and went on to pick up 5 races as the year progressed, plus picking up a segment win and rose to the top 5 in points by the end of the year.

JuniorCar: Wins: 6 (+2 non-points paying win) Segment Wins: - Championship Rank: 5 Weeks Leading the Points: 6 (Martinsville-Texas, 2 races, March-April, Dover, Michigan-Sonoma, Kentucky-NewHampshire)

Brent set out with the goal of being the 2011 champion, but came up shy. Early in the year, it looked very promsiing, as he led the points on several occasions until the end of the summer. However, some bold picks trying to win races and gain points backfired, causing Brent to slip in the overall points running. However, Brent led forum in points paying wins with 6 wins, and participating in 36 races, showing that his bold picks can pay off!

Brent also gets teh honor of being the most morally upstanding member. Even at their best tracks, Brent refused to pick "Pyle Busch" or "Peblo" for any races!

KidSpace: Wins: 5 Segment Wins: - Championship Rank: 6 Weeks Leading the Points

KidSpace started out having fun, but not getting the solid results. After several races, Space started making two sets of picks for some races, the picks he was going with, and the ones he wished would win. The plan worked, as Space won his first race opening Segment 2 at Darlington, and would go on to win 5 races througohout the rest of the year. Leaving Bristol in August, Space had rallied all the way to 2nd in teh overall points, but faded down the chase stretch.

RocknSS04: Wins: 2 Segment Wins: - Championship Rank: 7 Weeks Leading the Points: 4 Races Entered:

Wayne led the points on two separate occasions near the beginning of the year, unfortuantely, he faded in the summer and missed a week down the fall stretch. Wayne rallied back a bit in the chase though. He did not win a race until the final segment, when he won 2 races and had a strong run in Segment 4. Even without wins in the first part of the year, Wayne kept his screenname in title contention until the summer months, showing that he can put together solid picks week in and week out, even if it doesn't get him the wins. One can only wonder what if, as he may very well have been in the top 5 had he not missed a week.

Lougreen03: Wins: 3 (+2 non-points paying win) Segment Wins - Championship Rank: 8

Lougreen was the man on big tracks, and proved he can win when it counts as well! Lougreen won the very first MCF Fantasy race at the Bud Shootout, then won races at California and Daytona, showing he knows who to pick when we're going fast!!! Unfortunatly, inconsistency, as he admitted one week that he either tanks or gets it perfect every week, would keep him from being a title contender.

03JGMonte: Wins: 3 Segment Wins: - Championship Rank: 9

03JGMonte always put up some good runs, making his first race with 100 points at Texas, but not winning. He showed up again later in the season, putting up strong runs in the last segments. He showed that he can post some stout picks as well, winning 3 out of the last 18 races, or 1 out of 6.

Teacher: Wins: 1 Segment Wins: 1 Championship Rank: 10

Teacher joined for the final half of the year, winning one race and the final segment of the year. He had a great run, and we look forward to seeing you come back next year! In his first race out, he tied for the win, but the tie breaker rule caught him. He would bounce back and win his one race in a tie breaker fashion though, taking back the race that was taken from him!!! Teacher was strong and consistent the whole time he was involved, so we will have to see how he does in a whole season next year!

Nichols2k Wins: 1 Weeks Leading the Points: 1

One of the members who was loyal for awhile, but dropped by the way side. He did pull off one win at Richmond.

02 Earnhardt: Races Entered: 2

02 Earnhardt showed up late but showed promise of staying on for the next season. Look forward to seeing you next year, bud!

Nocturnx: Wins: 1: Top 5’s: 1:

Nocturnx turned up for the Daytona 500, and never came back to reclaim his victory! He claimed ot know nothing of NASCAR and chose an all Dodge team, which gave one of the lowest winnign point totals of the season, just 85.

BocaReject: Top 5’s: 4 Weeks Leading the Points: 4 (Phoenix-California, February-March)

Boca Reject was around for the first 10 races, and was showing some promise by staying near the top of the points, becoming the first points leader to hold the position for multiple weeks at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, we do'nt know where he went. We know he was at the Daytona 500, since he uploaded pictures and videos from the race. Perhaps we will see or hear from him again soon.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 11-24-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Great job Duane. With the Kyle Busch fiasco that cost me a 6 point deduction early on, didnt make a difference. Glad of that, but had it been a 10 pointer, may have lost 2nd to Chris. I hope we can get at least 10 regulars next year, Maybe I can get Hunter to be dedicated to it. Did he win one or not? Thanks for your time and research. I know its not easy looking back through everything and making a report. Kudos

Old 11-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Pretty neat to see how everyone did cant wait till next season

Old 11-24-2011, 08:57 AM

=============

Thanks again to our MCF NASCAR Historian for sharing his time, life, racing knowledge, & dedication to his NASCAR MCF Racing Thread for our Members in 2011. We appreciate all that you have done + you have made it a SuperSuper Fun NASCAR Racing Year...Thank You

Old 11-24-2011, 09:01 AM

5 Year Member

Hunter won his first time out at Sonoma, and I got one of my 9 2nd place runs.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great write-up Duane, awesome job, without your weekly updates and reviews this could have been pretty boring, you're the reason I kept up my interest in all of this, thanks!

Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, you really thought a lot about this Duane. Great review. In my own review I would have added that refused to pick Pyle Buschit or Peblo once. I think that is what defines my picking style best!

Old 11-24-2011, 10:17 AM

5 Year Member

I added that in for you, Brent.

Chris, I'm just glad someone reads my reviews! There is also a lot of news on NASCAR.com that we should probably make a separate thread for. Steve Addington quit as Kurt Buschs crew chief, allegedly going to Stewart-Haas to replace Darian Grubb (which I now find hard to believe), David Ragan is out of a job, Roush said he is "disappointed" in David Ragan's years in the cup series. Kevin Harvick is getting a new crew chief as Childress downsizes back to 3 cars.

Mark my words now... I've long said 3 cars is the best model, for Childress did better when he was at 3 cars, gonig to 4 was a disaster, and rarelly does any time with over 3 cars make all of them run well. I think Roush and Childress will be the dominant players next year with 3 car team.s

Old 11-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

3 seems to be where its at but Hendrick does pretty good with 4 i remember Roush had 5 at one time a few years ago, you get that many teams & someone is ginna get left out with not so good equipment

Old 11-24-2011, 11:35 AM

5 Year Member

Roush had 5 in the chase in 2005, but he just couldn't keep them all running well for very long. Hendrick is the one everyone points to for having 4 good teams... but wehre was Mark Martin this year? Where was Dale Jr. the last couple of years? One team gets left behind...

Although I'm left having to explain why Gibbs has 2 good cars and one sorry car... or in this year, just 3 bad cars.

Quick Reply: 2011 Fantasy Member Review